Can someone help with the diet i was given?

Options
Is 800 calories of Carbs (200gram) + 100gram(400calories) Protein+ 100gram(90k calories) of good fats- is this well balanced diet?? That was I given by personal trainer to when I told him my goal, plus I have special exercise but I am not sure if this is well balanced diet that will keep me full and healthy??

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Some of these numbers are wrong. 100 grams of fat would be 900 calories?
  • madimurrell12
    Options
    I feel like all of these numbers are wrong.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Is 800 calories of Carbs (200gram) + 100gram(400calories) Protein+ 100gram(90k calories) of good fats- is this well balanced diet?? That was I given by personal trainer to when I told him my goal, plus I have special exercise but I am not sure if this is well balanced diet that will keep me full and healthy??

yesterday you ate a single chicken thigh for your dinner... and a total of 1000 calories for the day... eating 1900 calories will definitely be healthier and keep you fuller!
  • mlittle71
    mlittle71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is this diet you were given to lose weight or maintain? So if you add up the calories (800+400+900) and then calculate the macros, you get: ~38%carbs, 19% Protein and 43% fat. I usually aim for more protein than fat but of course I'm not a "personal trainer".
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Is this diet you were given to lose weight or maintain? So if you add up the calories (800+400+900) and then calculate the macros, you get: ~38%carbs, 19% Protein and 43% fat. I usually aim for more protein than fat but of course I'm not a "personal trainer".

maybe the pt got confused with using 40/40/20!?
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It looks OK to me. You're aiming for 100 grams of protein, which is probably right for the workouts your trainer has you on. You're keeping your carbs at or under 200 grams, which is lower carb, but still not in real low carb territory, And you're getting the rest of your needed calories from fats, which are a great energy source. This kind of diet should give you plenty of energy. It's very similar to the ratios I've been running the past year or so (20% carbs, 30% protein, 50% fat) which has worked out great for me.
  • Aniqana
    Aniqana Posts: 95
    Options
    these are exact number i have been given.
  • Aniqana
    Options

800+400+90(good fats) not 900, ive given my age-30yrs plus height 156cm plus weight 50kilos.
    I want to lose fat from arms, hips and tummy and in general get toned up( its not much about losing weight) I dont care really what scale says as long as I don't have fat in the areas above.

Ps. its 4weeks diet only, then I will be given new one with I think 1600-1700 to keep healthy etc.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Looks alright. Adds up to 2100 cals/day which is sufficient to fuel a proper training schedule.

Of course it all depends on your training schedule and your goals, doesn't it? So what are they?

ETA: just read your edit. 90 cals of fat would be only 10g fat/day. I'm not sure that's sufficient to maintain healthy hormone levels?
  • Aniqana
    Options
    Anyon knows how much protein is in egg white-lets say 2 medium?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

That's what the database is for!
  • TavistockToad
    Options

ETA: just read your edit. 90 cals of fat would be only 10g fat/day. I'm not sure that's sufficient to maintain healthy hormone levels?

this

90g of fat or 90 calories of fat?
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options

That's what the database is for!

yep. we can't do the work for you.
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Did you look it up in the database?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    i volunteer to eat the OPs 90g of fat though!!! if its in the form of peanut butter!!!! :laugh:
  • Aniqana
    Options
    No i didnt,I dont have anything like database on my app, i use phone.
    I have only realised now after you say(i checked online-on normal PC) so please stop being rude- im not asking to do the job for me- someone wrote-check database-thank you will do.

and you please stop laughing?? I am telling what I was given-not what i decided so please if you know or have better suggestion write it down normal stop being smarty pants who know laugh but wont tell;/90calories... where did you see ''g'' next to 90???
    i wrote 800+400+90 Calories! Thats what I was given-since I am have no idea- i wanted to ask you if you find you this reasonable i ddnt asked to laugh at me :( i thought we are adults on forum where you get help-not primary school when you standing by board with not knowing answer and school kiddos laugh... or maybe I am wrong?we are in primary -children forum???
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    What kind of workouts are you doing? What's your current weight/height/body fat %? If you're working with a personal trainer and doing any type of intense workouts, 1290 calories seems low to me. Do you know your current BMR?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    No i didnt,I dont have anything like database on my app, i use phone.
    I have only realised now after you say(i checked online-on normal PC) so please stop being rude- im not asking to do the job for me- someone wrote-check database-thank you will do.

and you please stop laughing?? I am telling what I was given-not what i decided so please if you know or have better suggestion write it down normal stop being smarty pants who know laugh but wont tell;/90calories... where did you see ''g'' next to 90???
    i wrote 800+400+90 Calories! Thats what I was given-since I am have no idea- i wanted to ask you if you find you this reasonable i ddnt asked to laugh at me :( i thought we are adults on forum where you get help-not primary school when you standing by board with not knowing answer and school kiddos laugh... or maybe I am wrong?we are in primary -children forum???

90 calories from fat is FAR too low...

not sure what else you're ranting about, but only eating 90 calories worth of fat is a really bad idea. i would love to know your PTs reason for that?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Is 800 calories of Carbs (200gram) + 100gram(400calories) Protein+ 100gram(90k calories) of good fats

and actually what you wrote is 100g (90k calories) which is why people asked for clarification...
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    And this is why PTs should not be handing out diet plans.....which they are not licensed or certified in any way to do.