Skinny/fit people

Options

Replies

• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    I'm reasonably thin/fit.
    I don't get a lot of hate thrown my way.

That's because I'm pretty pleasant and always have a smile on my face.

Generally when you think everybody is out to get you, that really shows on your face and you look like an unapproachable B*tch at any weight those people get a lot of hate thrown their way.
    :)

I got yelled at for opening a door for someone the other day. So I'm going to go ahead and agree with you.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    OP, I think you're arguing against a straw man here. Or can you read minds? And if you can read minds, who cares? Workout and carry on.
  • EmmaEVille13
    EmmaEVille13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ummm how about this - when I go swimming I have skinny/fit people staring at me disgusted..........

How about you smile at them next time and walk over and say hello?

I am sure you will find out that they actually don't look at you in a mean way.
  • sixout
    Options
    OP, I think you're arguing against a straw man here. Or can you read minds? And if you can read minds, who cares? Workout and carry on.

I'm 99.999999999% sure that op is trollin.
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options

Calling overweight people "fat" is harsh.

But....Everyone gets judged no matter what weight you are so you might as well get used to it and learn to love yourself because then it won't matter what other people think of you. Right?
  • sixout
    Options

But....Everyone gets judged no matter what weight you are so you might as well get used to it and learn to love yourself because then it won't matter what other people think of you. Right?

That's silly, it's not an opinion when it's against her.
  • MissMariahLee
    MissMariahLee Posts: 55 Member
    Options

lol this has gotten ridiculous. Just because I don't want to be "skinny"? I agree with uglyandold. It doesn't matter if people call me fat because it's something I'm working on. I still think it's a harsh word though. It doesn't matter who it's coming from.

• sixout
    Options

lol this has gotten ridiculous. Just because I don't want to be "skinny"? I agree with uglyandold. It doesn't matter if people call me fat because it's something I'm working on. I still think it's a harsh word though. It doesn't matter who it's coming from.

It's harsh, but talking down on others isn't. Gotcha.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I have this crazy idea that everyone stops giving a flying jump in a rolling donut what other people MIGHT be saying and/or thinking about them and just worry about themselves. It'll never catch on, I know.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    It's not that you don't want to be "skinny", it's that you implied women with curves are more "womanly" and that skinny women have "little girl twig bodies" -- less womanly. Just like above posters have said, you're no better than OP (who is just a troll).
  • sixout
    Options
    I have this crazy idea that everyone stops giving a flying jump in a rolling donut what other people MIGHT be saying and/or thinking about them and just worry about themselves. It'll never catch on, I know.

Your logic is no good here, madam.
  • GallifreyanGirl396
    GallifreyanGirl396 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less if someone is skinny, fit, fat...whatever. I just don't like people. If I'm glaring, it's because I was dragged from my home and forced to be social. haha
  • MissMariahLee
    Options

Where in my posts have I said it isn't harsh? People can take offense to it if they want. I can see where others are coming from and I respect their opinions but I honestly didn't mean it to offend anyone. And I also wasn't trying to make myself better than anyone.
  • Vupe
    Vupe Posts: 80
    Options
    Oh boy, I think the OP may be fishing for validation on this one.
  • sixout
    Options

Where in my posts have I said it isn't harsh? People can take offense to it if they want. I can see where others are coming from and I respect their opinions but I honestly didn't mean it to offend anyone. And I also wasn't trying to make myself better than anyone.

You flat out said that you prefer a more womanly curvy body than a little girl twig body. SO yea, that makes it seem like you're saying you're more womanly than others.

Also, you can't say something is harsh, right after you said something that's probably worse. How is it harsh to call someone fat, when they're fat? That's like saying it's harsh to call me a guy because I'm a guy.
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    This thread:

iGwOR2J.gif
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

Your logic is no good here, madam.

My apologies! I'll see myself out.
  • MissMariahLee
    Options

You flat out said that you prefer a more womanly curvy body than a little girl twig body. SO yea, that makes it seem like you're saying you're more womanly than others.

Also, you can't say something is harsh, right after you said something that's probably worse. How is it harsh to call someone fat, when they're fat? That's like saying it's harsh to call me a guy because I'm a guy.

I said that's the kind of body I want and what I'm working towards. Right now I have a fat body and I'm oh so jealous of skinny people:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.