FOODS YOU USED TO LOVE.......AND NOW ARE UGHHH ABOUT !?!

Options
124»

Replies

• bluesarah13
    bluesarah13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Big Mac! I used to be able to eat a full Mac, large fries and large diet dr pepper. I stopped eating McDonalds about a year ago but a few weeks ago I got a craving for a big mac. I broke down and ate one. I immediately felt sick and it didn't stay down long. Never again. So gross!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Im craving some KFC right about now!.....damn!
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Chester's fried chicken. I love it but I look at it now and think of all the fat and sodium and how much work I have to do to get rid of it. I may occasionally have a piece but, only rarely.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Anything potato!!! OH I used to LOVE mashed, baked, fries, anything potato now I can't stand the taste of them!
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Diet sodas....really weird chemical taste now. Also anything too sweet - most candies, cakes or cookies are nauseatingly sweet to me now. Now I eat fruit or dark chocolate as a sweet.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I wish I didn't like all these foods, I still like all the "bad" stuff and I still eat it, just not as much of it. In fact, I used to not like the frosting on store bought cakes and thought it had too much....now I want the piece with the most. Just doesn't seem right that my sweet tooth got worse after I lost 100 pounds.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Chester's fried chicken. I love it but I look at it now and think of all the fat and sodium and how much work I have to do to get rid of it. I may occasionally have a piece but, only rarely.

Oh I know your pain............I used to even eat my fried chicken cold! lol
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Pop. Decided to have one as a treat the other day since I had a bunch of cals leftover and I couldn't even drink it.

LOL No one but a Western New Yorker says "pop" for a soda hahahahaha!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I used to be a frosting/icing fiend.

I still really like the stuff that comes on GOOD cupcakes -- like from the fancy-pants places. Or my mom's homemade cooked chocolate or PB frosting.

But my days of getting the Double Doozie at Great American Cookie - or one of their cookie slices - have ended. It tastes like sugary plastic to me and leaves a very weird aftertaste.
  • chloe2300
    chloe2300 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Haribo sweets, I used to love the hearts and bears...tried some the other day and they really are nasty!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    More and more chocolates that are lower cost are becoming less indulgent to me. I don't like Hershey's or Reese's cups. Dove or above, thank you. And none of that Whitman's Sampler or Hershey's "Bliss."

Since this site is multi-national someone will understand...

When I was younger (under probably 18) my uncle who was in the USAF was stationed at Lakenheath in England. He would send myself and my siblings boxes of British Candy for Christmas and other occasions.

I LOvE lovED LoveD "Turkish Delight." It was a rose flavored jelly with a milk chocolate covering. I purchased one for myself on a whim from World Market (or somewhere) about a year ago. OMG. It tasted horrible!

eta: post posted before I was finished! finishing post.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    The WHopper..........It just doesnt taste the same. I had a double whopper with cheese , with extra mayo the other day and its not the same as when I was growing up ...booooooo
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm so JEALOUS of all of you. I wish I could look at some of my former favorites and think "yuck" When I see a McDonald's steak egg and cheese breakfast bagel slathered with that fake butter stuff my brain starts screaming "GET IN MY BELLY NOW!" I haven't eaten pizza, pasta, doughnuts or bread in more than a year and a half and I still remember it very fondly.

Around 8 months ago I took a little tumble off the wagon for a few weeks and I ate Little Debbies, Doritos, snickers, reeces, honeybarbeque chicken wings, etc. YUM!!!! EVERY SINGLE THING I ATE was as delicious as ever though the wheat in the little debbies left me with side effects, it still TASTED DELICIOUS. I wish I could look at processed unhealthy food and think "yuck, I'd prefer a nice apple instead" but I don't.

I hear of people looking at a greasy double burger with fried onions and mushrooms, bacon and two kinds of cheese and mayo and thinking "eeeewww, look how greasy and disgusting that is, I can't believe I used to eat that" I look at it and think "oh, how I have missed you my dear old friend"

not that I stopped liking anything... in my head i still want the things (pop, big mac, iced cap... but then i taste it and it doesn't taste as good as it used to, too sweet, too sugary, too fake) so I think my taste buds have just become more accustomed to less processed crap and that stuff isn't as appealing as my mind thinks it is... i still love me some baked chocolatey goods so stay away from those, and chips i love chips, even if they don't taste as good as I think they do that is a long addiction lol. as for a burger a real one tastes better then most fast food crap and if I am gonna waste the cals on a splurge meal i want to be sure i know i will enjoy it and generally pick a sit down menu where i will relax, eat and enjoy what I get somewhere that makes their food home cooked, not fast and quick and dirty and it goes down just as fast lol with all the regret after haha
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Candy- everything taste too sweet.
    Chips- it's like they are covered in grease. :(
    Regular hamburger patties, I've taken to the morning star patties...

No idea how this happened!
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    For me it has to be alcohol, I dont drink excessivley but I used to be a weekend partier, now If i drink at all I am just violently ill the next day...my mom said prob because I got off of added sugar for the longest now my blood sugar cant take the insulin spike like it use to ? I dont know but I really miss drinking with my girls,,,,I find myself just having a good time anyways but I do miss feeling faded...

for food anything mcdonalds / buger king / chineese food / sweets I just get a cement feeling in my stomach,
    and I also get guilt from eating ****ty....Im wierd I think.