Getting judged :(

Options
2»

Replies

• margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Since there your peers and not necessarily your friends,dont sweat it youll be away from them soon. High school is not the rest of your life, it does get better. The girls who get catty when you talk to boys about your goals are just not happy that you might be getting attention they want. Its great that you are going about it in a healthy way. Try to find more like minded friends and ignore the others,when they no longer get a rise out of you theyll move on to the next better than them girl to try to break down.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Im sad to see so many people be so hostile here. I guess it comes with every website then

Trying to find ANY hostility in this thread.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say your friends are probably right about you.

This. Also this site is 18+... going on a limb and say you are not.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    When you first start a new activity, even one like eating more healthy and exercising, you tend to talk about it a lot with friends. But if your friends are not interested in the same thing, they will find it annoying. This goes double with weight loss and fitness.

So please keep that in mind and consider keeping your fitness as a personal pursuit unless asked about it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Im sad to see so many people be so hostile here. I guess it comes with every website then

and not a single post of hostility was seen that day.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    lol.

If you think this place is hostile you should not internet, ever.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

If you see hostility in this thread then I have a theory as to your problems with classmates
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Im a highschool girl and I have been getting into fitness and health for almost a year now. My interests lie in lifting heavy and flexible dieting. I love my lifestyle and I love being fit and healthy. I am a strong believer in self improvement and I have always sought to improve myself.

Around my peers, especially my female friends, I am always discouraged and ridiculed. I dont talk to them about my interest in health anymore, but when I discuss macros and styles of training with my male friends, my female friends always interject with how lifting weights makes you "bulky" and how tracking macros makes me "crazy"

I am aware they gossip about how "self absorbed" and "obsessed" I am , and it really is discouraging, especially since they are my peers.

PM me. I won't judge you and I will give you lots of support and motivation.

Have any of you ever faced this kind of judgement? How do I deal with it and stay motivated?
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I'd say just worry about yourself.

Also, you're 23? In high school?

Don't judge. Algebra can be a *****.

I went to the same high school...

channing-tatum-white-house-down-gifs-8.gif

You can be over 18 there
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    am I the only one smelling a troll, here? that post didn't read like a thinly-dressed list of MFP buzzwords to anyone else??

ed grammar
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    am I the only one smelling a troll, here? that post didn't read like a thinly-dressed list of MFP buzzwords to anyone else??

ed grammar

haha YEP.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

No one is being hostile. You probably should look into sparkteen.com.

Also, if you are being this sensitive to the advice being given to you and are deeming it hostile, maybe what you are taking as ridicule from your friends really is just some teasing that you decided to take too personally.

Either way, take a step back, really think about what's going on and head over to sparkteens, which is dedicated for 18 and under.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

ed grammar

Feb 2014 join date is something that I've seen in common amongst a few.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Everyone here says HS sucked. I personally liked HS. Just rise up beyond the drama is all I have to say. Think about your future and college, etc. The rest will fall into place
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Well...everyone gets harassed in high school, I sure did. Try to ignore them and focus on what you want to do. It gets easier if you let it go, harder if you don't.
  • Bryttani_Marshe
    Options
    I feel like many parts of my family has high metabolism. My dad, sister, and brother all have high metabolism. I wouldn't say sadly I'm made like my mom but the truth is I am. I am made exactly like my mom. I don't feel like that's a bad thing but hey we're all born in the way we were suppose to. Some people that I hang out with are big, some even bigger than me. There are the ones that I hang out with that are skinny, not fit skinny but skinny. When I was little and had petty drama with other girls my weight would come up. What did my weight have to do with what we were arguing about? The things they would say would hurt my feelings but as I got older I didn't care anymore. I had to dig deep and find motivation to know that I can do this because I always had this dream seeing myself being skinnier than i am now.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I got judged for being fat in high school. Teased ALL the time by kids in my class. I was also scared of the ball while playing sports in P.E. (which I had every right to be because somehow they always end up smacking me in the head, even if I was walking past the friggen gym) so one of the girls started a rumor that I had AIDS because I was scared of the ball.

THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Friggen idiots.

Still made me feel crappy, but you know what I did? Well, I felt bad and had low self esteem for years but then I grew up, stopped caring about what others thought and did what I loved. Then I went to my 10 year reunion and saw some of them got fat, so that was a bonus. I was still fat at my 10 year, but my 15 year or 20 year, I'll be a sexy beast and still won't care what they say.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I am a senior.

then maybe not posting pictures in your underwear on an adult site might be something to consider.

also- age limit. 18.

spark teens.
    and
    This. Also this site is 18+... going on a limb and say you are not.

she's a senior in high school. you can be 18 and a senior in high school. i was 18 the majority of my senior year of high school.

OP: people, in general, suck. invest in a helmet, perhaps. metaphorically.
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness people. You may not be saying things that in your mind are hostile, but they are negative and don't need to be heard. She is not 15 years old, she is either 17 or 18, and I believe she has handled herself well so far in this thread. Get a grip people!! Can we focus on her actual post.

We were all that age once...