I tried out for cheer and the said I was 2 fat
  • deltawebb101
    Options
    :sad:
    I tried out for cheer and the said I was 2 fat
  • sheedy17
    sheedy17 Posts: 128
    Options
    Your already using the wrong attitude, dont ask what if I dont lose the weight, Think what you will look like and how you will feel WHEN you lose the weight, you can do it and if you enjoy cheerleading, there is no reason to let your weight stand in your way, do not think about failing because I know you can do it and you will do it.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Could you wear a bodysuit or a camisole underneath? Don't quit! Just work your buns off and you'll be great!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Youll regret letting fear and doubt keep you from doing something you enjoy. Don't let your self confidence keep you from a great experience. Trust me I'm old and filled with regret.

And ESPECIALLY if it makes you feel powerful! Cheering can open doors for you that you may not be able to imagine.
    This, through and through.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat amazed that no one has requested pics
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    As a cheer coach and former overweight cheerleader, you can not let something as trivial as a uniform hold you back if you made the team its because you deserve to be there! Try looking on cheer uniform sites (Varsity.com is a good resource) and you may be able to find a body suit that will totally match your uniform. Your best tool is CONFIDENCE! That's something only you can work at, practice your sport and if you're secure in your routine you will shine! :D Best of luck to you, but whatever you do, don't quit for that reason!

I second her suggestions. If you made the team, you should stay on the team. I can understand why they would not change the uniforms. Could you imagine if everyone got to put in their input? Plus it costs a lot of money to replace those uniforms. You will regret it more if you walk away. I hope that they let you wear a flesh-colored leo. Good luck!
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    PLEASE NOTE: This is a zombie thread. Don't reply to the OP. It was bumped by a girl saying she was told she was too fat to cheer.

To her: Screw 'em. Find a passion that doesn't bar you from taking part in it. There's more to life than rooting on the boys who are actually competing. Get out there and compete yourself.

There are cheerleading competitions. The only boys she may be cheering on are the ones flinging her into the air. :)

I am wondering where the pic is. We can't give informed opinions without one.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Put on your cheer outfit and hit any local Walmart...you will leave there feeling and looking like you are the hottest chick eva!!!
  • RunningMyPugandPapi
    RunningMyPugandPapi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    PLEASE NOTE: This is a zombie thread. Don't reply to the OP. It was bumped by a girl saying she was told she was too fat to cheer.

To her: Screw 'em. Find a passion that doesn't bar you from taking part in it. There's more to life than rooting on the boys who are actually competing. Get out there and compete yourself.

There are cheerleading competitions. The only boys she may be cheering on are the ones flinging her into the air. :)

I am wondering where the pic is. We can't give informed opinions without one.

I think that guy was talking about the girl who was told she was "too fat to cheer" - like, screw them, they're on the sidelines, get your own competitive sport. I don't agree with the sour grapes, of course, but I understand why he said that!

To both girls: check out Cheerleaders on AwesomenessTV's channel on Youtube. Not only is it an incredibly addictive show, but it features amazing teenage athletes of ALL different body types absolutely killing it at competition and all looking fabulous no matter what their size!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    If you made the squad now, is this to cheer in the fall of next year? That's plenty of time to slim down. Just go for it and everything will be okay. If you made the team you belong there and don't let some stupid top stand in your way. You can always wear your sweater or jacket over and when you are on the field everyone will be too far to notice your tummy, if it's even still there by that time.

You thinking you are too fat is obviously just your perception not theirs. May I politely disagree with the girl who said talk to your team for "tips" on weight loss? Don't hand your power over to a bunch of girls. You will learn to work together for stunts and routines but don't hand your entire being over like that. Take your health and weight into your own hands and lose weight in a safe and controlled manner and don't let others into your business like that. You had what it takes to make it on the squad, you have what it takes to make your weight loss/fitness goals a reality.

I agree with 100% of the above.