New here. Looking for support and friends.

Hello

I am new here and am looking for support and friends. I am at home not working now because of arthritis and fibromyalgia. I have gained a lot of weight and am feeling discouraged. I have never had to worry about weight before. I am finally coming out of the denial phase and now I want to get rid of the old me and make a new me. Here's to new beginnings.:happy:

Lisa

Replies

• ChrisUK70
    ChrisUK70 Posts: 54 Member
    Hi Lisa,

I have RA but not too bad in my toe joints so can appreciate your condition a little bit.

Do not get disheartened log your food every day and stick with it, you will be surprised how quickly you will start to lose the weight.

Chris
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Hi Lisa!!

I am here to help whenever you need!! I am an excellent listener (reader) and i went to school for Nutrition so ask me anything

Nice to meet you!!

Vera
  • Chris. My arthritis is in my hips. I need a new one but am in that grey area of getting one. I'm at the point where I just wish they would give the new one.
  • Vera

May just take you up on the offer for advice. I think I'm going to get tested for a gluten allergy. Plus, it doesn't help that I'm on lots of meds.
  • stacynoell
    stacynoell Posts: 41 Member
    I also have arthritis. It along with perimenopause have sidetracked, but not stopped me. You have to do different stuff. I had to give up running, but am enjoying aqua exercise.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Weight loss can absolutely be accomplished with diet alone. Just consume fewer calories than you burn. Not always easy, but it is simple. You can totally do this!
  • KathyHick
    KathyHick Posts: 1
    Lisa,

I also was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have gained so much weight due to inactivity.
    I'm working on changing my eating habits and exercise when I am able.
    Its a little tougher when you have health issues that dictate how your day will be. Stay Positive!!
    Please add me as your friend, we can support each other.

Kathy