What's your 'go to' fast food meal?

Options

Replies

• Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    We usually go to McDonalds for the playplace and I really like the sweet chili grilled chicken wrap. Tons of veggies and delicious. I usually blow it by a couple hundred calories by getting a medium iced (sweet) tea, but a bottled water would be ok.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    For a 1,000 calories, I would pick up something from a real restaurant - even if it's a carryout order. I stopped eating fast food right before joining MFP, but I still very much enjoy dining out on occasion. Enjoy whatever you pick up!
  • SweatSmileRepeat
    Options
    BK Whopper with fries and diet Dr. Pepper
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm at a summer program at a University with limited dining options, so I eat a lot of fast food. Wendy's is open late. My go to is a junior hamburger (deluxe if I want mayo) with a side salad, either garden or Caesar. I eat the croutons if calories allow.

I really like fast food though. More and more chains are offering healthy options and the ability to control your calories. In fact, I've been eating more fast food since I started counting my calories because I find the info to be pretty reliable. Fast food is so scrutinized by consumers that they cannot afford to screw up their nutrition information.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    There's no way I'd spend 1,000 calories on one meal.

But if I'm out, and can't get home for food I usually go for a 6 inch Subway sandwich or a Bean Burrito from Taco Bell. Both are filling without being over 400 cals.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Fast food is an indulgence to me so I always order whatever I want without consideration for calories. If I need a super quick dinner or don't feel like cooking I'll make eggs or some sort of stir fry -- it's a lot faster to just cook than stop for fast food. That's just me though.

For you? You have 1,000 calories so use them and enjoy! There's nothing to feel guilty about.
  • bex0178
    bex0178 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wendy's is the closest restaurant to me. I really like the grilled chicken sandwich. Comes with lettuce tomato, and honey mustard. Substitute the fries for a small chili if you want extra protein. (The fries add about an extra 120 calories, so not too bad for an occasional treat.)

Wendy's - Ultimate Chicken Grill, 234 g 370 cal 7g fat 34g protein 43 carbs
    Wendy's - Small Chili, Plain, 227 g 180 cal 5g fat 13g protein 20 carbs
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm I'm trying to fit my macros:

Wendy's Apple Pecan Salad
    Chick Fil-A Grilled Chicken Club (bacon & cheese for the win)
    McDonald's Sweet Chili Wrap w/ Grilled chicken.
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wendy's plain baked potato (270 cal) with small chili (180 cal) - I dump the chili right into the potato.
    It's gut busting and (mostly) guilt free!!! For an extra kick, add the spicy chili oil for 5 more calories!
  • nitrospop
    nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Double-meat Whataburger with double cheese, bacon, jalapenos.....No Bun!
  • kevinppoole
    Options
    There are quite a few options at Baja Fresh that easily fall between 500-800 cals. for a pretty substantial meal. Like 2 baja-style (corn tortilla) chicken or steak tacos with rice and black beans.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I loveeeeee panera bread or subway. Saladworks too, if you consider it fast food
  • KD0BIK
    KD0BIK Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Chipotle. While I could be wrong, I believe it is probably the healthier than McD, Wendy's etc.
  • Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Amazed that I only noticed one other person mention Panera. I'm not much a fan of fastfood, but I usually go for Chipotle, Panera, or Subway (simply because I work there and it's free, hah). I like that I can know how many calories are in my food 'exactly'. It really freaks me out if I don't know for sure.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    When not dieting: Subway veggie sub (I am vegan) footlong on white bread with extra tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, lots of lettuce, cucumber, pepper, salt, and oil. With Lay's classic potato chips and a mixed sods, such as Sprite mixed with Dr. Pepper. If I am lucky and someone else is buying and says, "Get whatever you want," I get two of the abovementioned subs. I have been known to eat 2 footlongs and a 6" at one meal. When dieting, I order the same sub (just one) without oil, and without chips, and a diet soda.
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    chicken burrito
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    For fast food in a hurry (at least suppose to be a hurry) we stop at McDonald's and I get a grilled onion cheddar burger at 310 calories and a small fry that is maybe 120 I think.
  • Lyndonbearsmommy
    Lyndonbearsmommy Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I have recently become addicted to the lettuce wraps from Jimmy John's! I get the beach club one:smile:

Thanks for this. I had no idea they had one.
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    My dinner plan got messed up tonight because I am at the car dealer taking care of some issues. I need to stop later and pick up dinner. I have about 1,000 calories so I don't have to stick with salad but feel guilty if I get anything else. Maybe a grilled chicken sandwich from Chick Fil A.

What do you usually order when you get fast food?

Arby`s roast beef and side salad ~ or fish tacos
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Son of a baconator, Sour cream and chive baked potato, and a water/diet whatever.

Because I'm on a diet.