anyone does roleplay running?

Options

Replies

• jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I tried something similar a few times. I would close my eyes and pretend my mom or super-runner-cousin were running next to me. I don't recommend it though as I nearly fell into a drainage ditch. Duh. It was a nice boost for a little while!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a brilliant idea. Running from zombies, post-apocalyptic monsters, etc. Or go Lord of the Rings and be Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas running to find Merry and Pippin. I was a footballer all the way through college, so pretending to be Ronaldo, etc. might bring up some traumatic memories of pre-season. Haha.

gimli-running.gif?w=520

I've been half-halfheartedly tracking my walking distance along Bilbo's journey to the Lonely Mountain.
    (I'm almost through "Day 84" http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Lonely_Mountain/lonely_mountain.html) Now, you have me considering tracking my runs against one of these timelines...

Yeah, see - that's what I'm RPing as I'm running ;P

Haha ^^ this link is brilliant, thank you :bigsmile:

I also have to confess to being an RP runner :laugh:
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    When I was a little kid I used to pretend my bike was a horse. Gave it a name and everything. Yeah, I was a weird kid.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I role play that I am an older guy who is trying to stick with, and show up, the younger guys in a PT test and/or race,
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    you might like these palaeolithic workouts on my blog: https://cavepeopleandstuff.wordpress.com/2013/05/31/palaeolithic-workouts/ - roleplay the lives of your palaeolithic ancestors

I really love you.
  • littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I read roleplaying but my brain said cosplaying. I was trying to picture myself running in my son''s Doctor Who cosplay costume.
  • rachel865
    rachel865 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can't really get out to run - no gym, no treadmill, single parent w/ 8 yr old prone to overheating - but at home sometimes at night I'll jog in place whenever a character in the tv show or movie I'm watching is running. Not exactly the same but better than sitting on the couch the whole time.
  • loomatic
    loomatic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, you guys have made my running a lot more fun going forward!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i do ...

- zombies are chasing me (check out the zombies! run app for this)
    - taking it back to the old school "that lamp post way down the street is safe"
    - pretending i'm jaguar's paw in apocalypto running towards the corn, away from the jaguar etc
    - i'm a soccer, football or rugby player
    - i'm auditioning for a new bourne spin off called the meshashesha supremacy
    - oprah is giving away $99K in cash and you have to get there by foot.

:laugh:
  • pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I listen to instrumental music by Two Steps From Hell... they do a lot of stuff for theatrical trailers, so it's really epic music. It makes me feel like I'm in a movie and always makes things more fun.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Only when free running. It's easier to find motivation to maintain flow if you imagine being chased by enemy raiders in a dystopian post-apocalyptic society. Other people at my training facility do this, too. It's pretty common and it's cool to hear what seeds grow out of others' imaginations.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Thia is why I love the "Zombies, Run!" app, it really helps you keep running when you feel like the undead are on your heels!
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I pretend I'm Ezio on a mission or the Lone Wanderer running from feral ghouls...and I pretend my dog is the dog from Fallout 3, "Dogmeat". Weird but it works! :D
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I pretend I'm Lola from that weird techno movie Run Lola Run. Sometimes I pretend I'm Bo Derek running down the beach. Sometimes I pretend I'm Forrest Gump and running against the wind. Sometimes I pretend that I'm playing tag and whoever is behind is it. Sometimes I pretend there's a beer at the finish line and I can have it if I finish in a certain time. And sometimes I pretend that I'm being stalked by a big cat and I'm a gazelle.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I like to pretend I'm training for something really cool, like fighting monsters or the Hunger Games lmao. It makes running more interesting for me.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    sometimes I look at people on the street and see if they look like people from television or movies. So one day I'll play the walking dead game and give myself plus points if I see Daryl or the governor look alikes, and then minus points if I see Laurie...cause no one wins when they see Laurie. gives me something to do when music isn't helping so much.

Or I'll put on the playlist from the dark knight rises and pretend I'm batman...cause batman is boss!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I will pretend that my kids or other family members have been waiting a long time to see me and they are at the end of my run. If I'm on the track and I'm alone I will close my eyes and think of the time my son was running and said "this feels like flying", because sometimes it does.
  • whalebeast
    whalebeast Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can't really get out to run - no gym, no treadmill, single parent w/ 8 yr old prone to overheating - but at home sometimes at night I'll jog in place whenever a character in the tv show or movie I'm watching is running. Not exactly the same but better than sitting on the couch the whole time.

Rachel, something I always mean to do is jog/squats/lunges/crunches/whatever throughout every commercial break.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I will pretend that my kids or other family members have been waiting a long time to see me and they are at the end of my run. If I'm on the track and I'm alone I will close my eyes and think of the time my son was running and said "this feels like flying", because sometimes it does.

There is this hill near my house. If you're having a good run and are loose and hit it at just the right speed...there's nothing quite like it. It feels like you are floating down the hill and just pushing yourself forward with your feet. It makes running everything you ever imagined it could be.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    ha! nope, but Im sure gonna do it now!!!
    hmmmm, what should I be....

I'll be a an olympic gymnast in training, lol. got to get in cardio for the floor routine!

This is the cleverest dirty joke I've read in this thread so far.

Well done.