What's your 'go to' fast food meal?

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Pretzel bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's, fries, water.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    So I was debating between Potbelly and Chick Fil A and wound up at Chick Fil A. I got the grilled chicken club and fries which came to 840 calories.

I love, love, love Chipotle but try to stay away from there because I don't trust their portion sizes. I know they put way more sour cream, guacamole and things on the burrito bowl than the nutritional information accounts for.
  • centaurizoe
    centaurizoe Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    A cigarette.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    From McDonalds, a single hamburger or cheeseburger and a small fry.

From Dunkin Donuts, Bacon, egg & cheese wake up wrap with a medium caramel coffee with skim milk and sugar. ~400 calories.

From Subway, 6" ham & turkey on honey oat
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    fried chicken, steamed rice and wasabi coleslaw from a japanese friend chicken place around the corner from where i live
  • Rachel_Louise85
    Rachel_Louise85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Burger King: Chicken Nuggets- 6pc = 105 calories + Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce = 28 calories + Satisfries French Fries - Value size = 87 calories + 1% Low Fat Chocolate Milk = 160 calories. For a total of 380 calories. :) This is basically the kids meal though. Haha.

McDonalds: I basically get the Premium McWrap Chicken & Bacon (Grilled) = 460 calories. That and a water. Soo good. <3
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Vietnamese Spring rolls. With shrimp, minus the pork. With peanut sauce. Low calorie, filling and DELICIOUS!
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    McDonalds Premium Sweet Chili Wrap is 360 calories and very filling.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Amazed that I only noticed one other person mention Panera. I'm not much a fan of fastfood, but I usually go for Chipotle, Panera, or Subway (simply because I work there and it's free, hah). I like that I can know how many calories are in my food 'exactly'. It really freaks me out if I don't know for sure.

I live one BLOCK from Panera and it is not even on my radar! I guess because I'm not super into bagels and when it comes to all of their entrees - which sound/look yummy in their advertising - I feel like it's stuff I make at home all of the time, or would rather get from all of the great local places (non chains).

Price is a small issue too, with Panera. A few years ago I took a friend to lunch there and the total was almost $30 and I just felt like, wow...really...I could have taken my friend out for an elaborate & much better Thai meal for a lot less or the same price.

Panera does have awesome egg souffles though...might have to drop in sooner or later to have that again. The calories and price were relatively high but that sounds good. Glad you mentioned it since I drive or walk past Panera at least 4 times every day.

My husband and I go there about once a month for lunch and get the half & half combo. We always spend less than $20. They have a good power breakfast sandwich too, for Sunday mornings on the run.

Yeah even that is high to me when I can go to an amazing Mexican restaurant for $12 for two people. Stuff's pretty cheap where I live, so it is difficult to justify even $20 at Panera.

Oh and btw some Panera locations DO have drive thru windows.
  • kevinsmithrn
    kevinsmithrn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Jeez 1000 cal lettuce wrap burger - that's a chunk of burger.
  • fjellrev
    fjellrev Posts: 5,078 Member
    Options
    Subway oven roasted chicken sub
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Pizza! which really isn't a good suggestion, haha.
  • KristiA87
    KristiA87 Posts: 7
    Options
    Chickfila! Grilled chicken Market salad. I use a tiny bit of fat free honey mustard dressing. I like the blueberries in the salad and it always fills me up.
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sofritos salad bowl at Chipotle.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm jealous of all of you who live near a chik fil a
  • Pathend2
    Pathend2 Posts: 142
    Options
    I've never been to a Chick Fil A, and I have no intention to.

I take that back. I went to the bathroom at one, once. Not a great experience.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i'm jealous of all of you who live near a chik fil a

Me too. I haven't seen one in 4 years.

ETA: ...and it was my first job in high school too.
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I just had Wendy's for dinner tonight. I got a 1/2 size apple pecan chicken salad (hold the blue cheese), a 4 piece nugget, and a value fries. My dinner came out to 600 calories. It was so good too.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Chipotle salad with brown rice, beans, maybe chic, avocado, lists of pico de gallo, and both hot sauces on the side. Fajita veggies too.
    'An occasional treat.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Vietnamese Spring rolls. With shrimp, minus the pork. With peanut sauce. Low calorie, filling and DELICIOUS!

Love those! I don't eat shrimp, so I usually have chicken instead.