please let me not slap someone in the face at work today!!!

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    FWIW, OP, those lil' gopicnic things are kinda fun for an on the go fix. And you're losing and doing what you want to do... so have at it.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You may not actually want to do this but it may be fun to imagine. Wait until she has her lunch at her desk and then go up to her and ask her what's for lunch. Then say, "Ewww. Do you know what they put in that?" Then proceed to tell her horror stories. That'll fix her wagon.

2369904-28574960-3fb7-467f-b576-ace7d2bea2c8.jpg
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    1. that's not much protein
    2. that's not many calories
    3. it's mostly dried fruits and nuts.

As someone who eats healthily most of the time...I agree, where is the real food?

^This. I doubt your coworker was suggesting that your food isn't "real," but that it sounds like a snack. You have some small calorie dense choices. Sounds like that works for you, but snacky, low protein food for lunch would leave me hungry and wondering "where's the rest?" My very real, very LARGE salad is 467 calories, 60 g protein, 19 g fat, 15 g carbs. If someone looked at this giant salad and thought for a second that it wouldn't fill them up, they'd be wrong, while I know that your lunch would leave me hungry again in an hour. Which might be fine for you if you have more snacks planned or you like to eat lots of small meals.

Anyway, she probably didn't realize that she sounded b1tchy, just like you probably didn't realize that you sounded b1tchy when judging fast food.

ETA: OP, after looking at your diary, I don't think you've cooked a meal in your life, and you probably average 3 servings of fruit/veggies in a WEEK. I mean, eat whatever you want but why are you acting like your food is somehow better than hers? If your coworker eats lots of fast food, I'd say you two have similar diets, you're just eating less of similar stuff.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle... it seems to me that the OP's co-worker is interested to see what the OP is eating in order to gauge whether or NOT she (the co-worker) might be capable of undertaking the discipline it takes to manage a healthy lifestyle.... and becomes somewhat dismissive after finding that she (again the co-worker) can't see herself dining on what is obvioulsly "real" food... it may come across as somewhat "ugly" BUT... if I am the OP... I would invite the co-worker to have lunch... (IE make an extra lunch)... that way the OP could share her experience and provide the co-worker an opportunity to take a step in the OP's shoes...

anyway... people are JUST people... most of the time...they can't help but be... UNLIKE... the high and mighty that oft inhabit these forums :)/.. y'know.. like ME :)
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Here is what I'm confused by...

You judge her lunches as 'crap' fast food, yet your diary is full of processed, high sodium foods AND you ate at Chik-Fil-A last week for lunch. Which is all fine, I eat all kinds of fast foods and processed foods and have lost lots of weight.
    But... I don't really understand why you think her food choices are inferior to yours.

Am I missing something?
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    So, you eat a bunch of prepackaged snacks that come in a box ordered over the internet and you rant about your coworker that eat fast food.

That's interesting.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I hear you OP

I am about to go slap my coworker. He said someone brought in bagels today.

When I finally went to go grab a bagel, all I saw were those sheety looking lenders type bagels which are sold in bags and left on a shelf in the store. To me they are more like rolls with holes cut out in them and not REAL bagels.

Time to go open up a can on him.....bbiab

some one brought in bagels yesterday.

and then again today.

holy hell.

And they were good.
    1. that's not much protein
    2. that's not many calories
    3. it's mostly dried fruits and nuts.

As someone who eats healthily most of the time...I agree, where is the real food?

it IS real food- it might not be enough food- but it isn't fake food- neither is fast food.

It's ALL real food.

Just might not be enough for you or me- but it sounds like a delicious snack- or small meal. most of my meals are only 2-400 calories.

Yeah, I was expecting

29kqtr7.jpg

and then was disappoint when I saw

316p6ki.jpg

Its cool that they brought in bagels and all. It was really nice of them. But if I am going to eat a bagel Im going to eat a tasty one. My favorite is an everything bagel. The are usually around 3-400 cals. Avg is ~350

I love me an everything bagel with some chive and onion cream cheese...om nom nom! Now I'm drooling...see what you do to me!!! :smile:
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Here is what I'm confused by...

You judge her lunches as 'crap' fast food, yet your diary is full of processed, high sodium foods AND you ate at Chik-Fil-A last week for lunch. Which is all fine, I eat all kinds of fast foods and processed foods and have lost lots of weight.
    But... I don't really understand why you think her food choices are inferior to yours.

Am I missing something?
    ^ETA: OP, after looking at your diary, I don't think you've cooked a meal in your life, and you probably average 3 servings of fruit/veggies in a WEEK. I mean, eat whatever you want but why are you acting like your food is somehow better than hers? If your coworker eats lots of fast food, I'd say you two have similar diets, you're just eating less of similar stuff.

^^^ this :)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    They always want the results without the work!

then they act surprised when nothing changes, you cant just think about doing it, you actually have to do it!!!!

inorite?! My mom is exactly like this. Complains day and night about being overweight, but has a thousand excuses for not doing anything about it. "My feet/back/knees hurt", "I forgot", "I'm too tired"...ugh!!
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I totally get what you're saying. I've gone from a size 16 to a size 4. My response to "how did you do it?" is "hard work and commitment". Once they realize that diet and exercise was my little magic pill, they immediately lose interest.

The only way to wake up skinny is with the help of a plastic surgeon.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Yes I'd like to slap someone in the face today too! But for a different reason.

As I read thru all the comments, it just makes me feel incredibly stupid, because I am one of those that has spent the last 30 years knowing meat, white potatoes, bread, and sugar. Baking, fixing fancy meals with sauces.... that was the way it was done.

So consider yourself blessed that you've figured out the food thing. Granted I think the OP is on to the fact that she might just be the annoying type. But ugh for the ones who really do try, only to realize that I'm down to protien (which isn't always meat) and veggies, and I still haven't lost a pound becuase I haven't successfully "ridded" all of the extras (like bread, pasta, sugar...)

I swear every time I hang up the phone with my health coach I cry, because the entire world is turned upside down. I'm not stupid, I know I'm not, it's just frustrating and demotivating to watch a thin person eat everything that I can't. When I went to the same bootcamp as them and put in the same effort as them, and ugh....I know comparing is the devil.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    So, you eat a bunch of prepackaged snacks that come in a box ordered over the internet and you rant about your coworker that eat fast food.

That's interesting.

Very interesting...I missed the undercurrent of ironic judgment from the OP. I just saw black bean dip (I really, really like beans) and said, yep that's yummy. So, I shall amend my PP--people in glass houses...That's exactly why I say "food is food"--cuz it is--yet there's always those that mock this stance (yeah, I read the "HURR DURR" backhanded comment).

And then there's those that claim superiority (not anyone specific here, I don't think) over "us" lesser humans who find food groups and choices morally neutral. Meh, I spent too many years demonizing and moralizing various food, and it didn't lead me anywhere good.
  • dramagirl1
    dramagirl1 Posts: 27
    Options
    Seems totally legit! Someone asked me why I use plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream earlier today. I straight up punched him in the face!
    HA! This!
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Seems totally legit! Someone asked me why I use plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream earlier today. I straight up punched him in the face!

I bodyslammed this lady in CVS because she told me the nuts I was about to buy had too much saturated fat.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

I bodyslammed this lady in CVS because she told me the nuts I was about to buy had too much saturated fat.

I don't blame you! It sounds like that lady had it coming.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I have lost 35 lbs in the last 4 months, I have lost count of the number of inches. This chick says pretty regurlarly that I look great and she wishes she had the same dedication I have. I try to support her... then... she comes to me and asks whats for lunch,

380 cals
    13 g protein

black bean dip
    platains
    sunflower see, edmamae mix
    ginger cranberries and banana dried mix
    and dark chocolate tangerine bites

I tell her and show her my food and she says "where is the real food"

Am I crazy?!?!

This is the real food, that crap that you get from the fast food joint however...
    You should secretly record her saying that and then complain to HR.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I have lost 35 lbs in the last 4 months, I have lost count of the number of inches. This chick says pretty regurlarly that I look great and she wishes she had the same dedication I have. I try to support her... then... she comes to me and asks whats for lunch,

380 cals
    13 g protein

black bean dip
    platains

Am I crazy?!?!

This is the real food, that crap that you get from the fast food joint however...

I would have asked you literally the same question.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

380 cals
    13 g protein

black bean dip
    platains

Am I crazy?!?!

What, you don't have banana dried mix trees where you're from?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

380 cals
    13 g protein

black bean dip
    platains

Am I crazy?!?!

Complains about getting their food judged but calls other kinds of food crap.

Pot meet kettle.

(especially seeing you like to frequent Chik-Fil-A)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

380 cals
    13 g protein

black bean dip
    platains

Am I crazy?!?!

What, you don't have banana dried mix trees where you're from?

Oddly enough we do not.

Funny, really. I could go to wendy's and get a burger (beef and a white bread bun) and a baked potato and somehow that is less 'real' than a dark chocolate tangerine bite.