What is the oldest age you would ever go for in a partner?

Options

Replies

• Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    I'm 35... 8 yrs older has been the biggest gap. 10 yrs would probably be my limit :)
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm 70 and wouldn't want anyone any older than me and probably would prefer younger. And why the hell is a college prof hitting on a student? That's so wrong on so many levels and probably against the school rules.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm 33...and I would probably go to about 55ish.

How YOU doin?
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    10 up and 12 down.....
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm 38...so my range would be 28-53...ten years younger to fifteen years older.
  • sparacka
    sparacka Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    (if someone already posted this, then I apologize...I haven't the time today to scroll through ten pages...got to get back to court!)

There's a formula:

Upper limit = your age * 2 - 7
    Lower limit = your age / 2 + 7

For example:

A 16-year old can date people from 15-25
    A 26-year old can date people from 20-45
    A 36 year old can date people from 25-65
    A 46 year old can date people from 30-85

Hm. The more I look at this, the stupider it seems, but I remember using it in my early twenties to decide if a guy was too old for me.
  • roanokejoe49
    Options
    I'm 38...so my range would be 28-53...ten years younger to fifteen years older.

How YOU doin?
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    I am 33,,dont think I would date a girl older than me.
  • TrainingToBePerfect
    TrainingToBePerfect Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    ohhh dear.. I'm 23, I would do like 35? being my limit. ? that sounds bad lol
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter? Age is a #, and not a quantifiable why to decide on chemistry... It is either there, or it isn't........seriously age is a number, and has nothing to do with choosing a "partner"
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 right now and I generally cap things at 35 when it comes to women I would approach, mostly because it's a simple number to go by. My main focus tends to be 21 (so I can take her out for drinks) up to 33 (my older brother's age).

Really, my primary concern is that I have a fairly mobile lifestyle right now, and I'm rapidly approaching a phase in my career where I will be transferring around the country as frequently as every two years. So my main concern is that someone who's 35 is likely going to be quite established in her life and well along a certain career path whereas someone at an earlier stage in her career might have more options that would allow for flexibility.

Still, if someone older than that approached me, I wouldn't automatically say "no" or anything like that.

I had a friend who was married to someone 10 years his junior. He admitted that it seemed odd because "when you're a senior in high school, you don't walk by second grade class at recess and think 'hey, cutie... one of these days, I'm gonna marry you". But it worked out and that 10-year gap was small enough that they weren't in completely different life phases from each other.

Automatic "no" responses would probably be around an 18-20 year age difference. I'm not too keen on a romantic relationship with someone old enough to be my mother (yes, I know you can be a parent at a younger age than 18, but most people seem to wait until they're done with High School before having kids).
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and happily married ( 6 months older than my husband) but if I was single 5 years would be my limit either way.
  • DINO1264
    DINO1264 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Last ex was 18 years younger. Dated one who was 25 years younger in the past. Never been my "plan" but since many think I am far younger than I am it seems to work out that way.
    Age should not be a factor, within "reason." Chemistry and maturity are more important.
    With many women I meet it's not a matter of me being to old for them but rather if the are mature enough for a grown up.
    When they are used to the antics of younger guy's, BS job, no car, no house/room mates, getting ****faced 4-5 times a week and enough bull**** in their lives to make them the Dahli Lama of drama they really don't know how to act nor appreciate a mature relationship.
    At this point in my life I am happy to have a stable job, a house that is payed for, a new car that is payed for and a zero tolerance policy on unnecessary drama., good health and this site to help me maintain.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options

You meant 94. ????
  • roanokejoe49
    Options
    28-58 is my age range. I couldn't go younger without feeling smarmy. Well....probably. Who am I kidding? If a 22-year-old Kate Upton look alike asked me out, I'd definitely go! They would have to initiate it, however. I have SOME scruples.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    hmmmm my bf is 12 years younger than me sooooooo LOL
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and I would go for a man that is no older then 28 (fiance is 26 as well)

my reason is because if I go any older there will be a distinct age gap with interests, life experience, knowledge, general maturity,

I've dated a guy who was 5 years younger then me (18 to my 23) and it was obvious we were not on the same page of life.
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Maybe he likes you because he likes Star Trek. You look just like Shatner... or are you Spock?
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    35. Maybe 36