Anyone in the 50's going for the 60's

Options
12345679»

Replies

• 19jane57
    19jane57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm new here. I'll be 57 on Friday, and need to loose about 57 lbs.; although just 20 lbs. would be great!
    I have a daughter in college, and am married. My challenges are limited exercise options (back stuff), menopause, and ice cold beer on a hot day. Good luck to all, and add me if you like.
  • tamani0727
    tamani0727 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there, guys! I am 58, soon to be 59. I have noticed that if I do not keep my weight down and exercise vigorously, I feel terrible and have a very slow metabolism. I have been exercising regularly but not cutting back on my eating. I figured I'd check back in here and get with tracking my food so I can lose some weight...We'll see...I can see that I definitely need encouragement and support to remind me to focus on my eating habits during this busy life I have!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm new here. I'll be 57 on Friday, and need to loose about 57 lbs.; although just 20 lbs. would be great!
    I have a daughter in college, and am married. My challenges are limited exercise options (back stuff), menopause, and ice cold beer on a hot day. Good luck to all, and add me if you like.

Happy {early} birthday. I have had a bad back most of my life. I found that walking is about the best thing for it. And now that I have lost weight, I don't have near the trouble I used to.

Good luck.

Larro
  • Loumarberts
    Loumarberts Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello, Larrodarro, Tamani0727, 19jane57, suzyqszoo!

LARRODARRO, Glad to hear that you have erased the back problems you had. I have lost a lot of pain in the glutes that drove me tired each day. I have just started to do my gym programs, for now they will train my body to form right, next is the actual body weight exercises and some moderate weights to work with. I am looking forward to the day I have no back problem!

TAMANI0727, if I read that right your birthday is tomorrow, HAPPY BIRTHDAY:drinker: :flowerforyou: Keeping weight down is hard, but also look at the foods you are eating, some foods just are not working for us. If you have a dietician online or at your home area, ask about how some foods will work against us at this age. Breads, gluten is hard to digest and will store in the fat cells around your tummy, Complex starches, in pastas and chemical structure of rice is another thing to watch for. Sugars are not really needed at our age, cut that out too. Hope you can get into a good routine of diet and exercise that will bring you to your goal quickly, all the best!

19JANE57, Ice cold beer,:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: OH YEAH! I hear you on that one, especially working in the yard for hours and sweating under the sun. There are a few to a lot of us in your boat, just have an eye out, follow me for some chat on how you are getting on with your back, we could learn a few things from each other.

SUSYQSZOO, You are a busy lady! I have one son, he keeps me busy. I have seven pets that really keep me running too, my days are scheduled to fit all that I must do in. What is your typical day like?:flowerforyou:

Marilyn
  • jhaehl
    jhaehl Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi!
    I would love to have people in this age group to follow in my newsfeed too! I was new a few months ago, then dropped off but I'm back now...looking to be the healthiest of my life in my 50's.