Need friends who are eating more than 1200-1400 a day!

Options

Replies

• jillyrose0711
    jillyrose0711 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious, but what does someone else's diet have to do with you selecting them as part of your circle of friends here?
    I feel like being able to see someone's healthy progress and be inspired by the their food and activity log & the things they post is a big part of adding "friends" on this community. I am not inspired by someone who is barely eating enough for a 10 year old child to survive.
  • mrbyte
    mrbyte Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining and dropping bf at 3300 cals.
  • Janautical
    Janautical Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1800-2300 a day if you want to add me.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I'm usually between 1200-1700 (on weekends maybe 2000 haha) feel free to add me if you like :)
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1650 on a normal day, 1800 on a gym day and about 2200 on roller derby practice days, FR away!
  • kingwill03
    Options
    :)
  • kingwill03
    Options
    I'm just curious, but what does someone else's diet have to do with you selecting them as part of your circle of friends here?

Well.. Your mind start to corrupt doing too much cardio. Life is about having fun together.
  • smashy_smashy
    smashy_smashy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm set to lose 1 lb a week, eating 1830 calories a day. I've been at it for 21 days now, and I tend to weigh myself every Thursday. So far I've lost 5.8 lbs! I tend to come in under my calories for the day, just because I'm full enough eating less than 1830, but sometimes I'll go slightly over but have earned back some exercise calories so I'll still be under.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1500 cals as an mfp target but exercising so I generally eat around 1600-1800 (which still leaves me below target calories with exercise added). Not sure exactly what TDEE is. My BMR was measured around 1730 cals.

I'm doing a modified, very soft version of Atkins where I simply bias my food choices away from carbohydrates other than leafy greens, and am averaging about 110 g carbohydrate a day. I've been doing this since July 2 and averaging about 2.8 lbs/week, until today when my weight shot up a pound (I did 30% more calories of hiking than usual yesterday, so it may be muscles retaining water from mild over-training).

I understand why it is easier to friend people on similar diets. Since I am mildly carb restricting, it is hard for me to comment on diets where the breakfast is Cheerios, the lunch is a sandwich, and the snacks are yogurt with granola crumbles. To me that looks "all wrong". Typical for me is eggs and bacon, a salad with chicken on it, and a snack of edamame. Then I'll splurge on an obvious carbohydrate, like a hamburger bun or rice, at one meal a day.
  • lawlesslady
    lawlesslady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Answer Lat 1963. It's difficult to comment on a food plan you aren't familiar with or which is in direct contrast to the one you follow, i.e. Low fat, vs. Low carb.

I'm also Atkins friendly because I'm diabetic, so following a low carb plan works better for me and I think I would prefer to have friends who are in the same boat, only if it is to avoid confrontations with the "low fat" group mentality.

Some diets work for some people. Personally, I've never had any success with lowfat, but I've lost over 60 lbs with low carb.
  • Jen8781
    Jen8781 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've set my daily limit lower because I exercise daily and want to eat those back, on average on 1600 kcal a day. If I set my daily limit to 1600, then exercise, I end up eating too much and I do not lose anything. It's a psychological thing when looking at the progress chart...
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    mid 1800's a day. And pretty active here
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me.

52 year old guy 5'7' currently at 190 trying to get to about 150. Eating 1800-2200 cals per day. More if I run or lift.
    Know my BMR and TDEE.

Slow and steady for me. I am elated if I lose 2-3 lbs per month and still have energy to work out!
  • marie71macias
    Options
    what's the TDEE method????
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    1600 on MFP daily deficit here, but I work out a ton because I love eating more. Mm, food.

Send me a FR! :D
  • koosorlose
    koosorlose Posts: 186
    Options
    Yep! I eat 1848 calories a day and am losing! Add me! :)
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm right about at my MFP-set goal of 1560 every day, more when I exercise! :D
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Losing at 2200 calories , anyone feel free to add me
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I eat 1640! I'll send a FR!
  • rmcminn89
    rmcminn89 Posts: 37
    Options
    i eat 1600-1700 per day, eating high protein, moderate carbs, and low fat.