Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers!!

Options

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Made this and wonderful. We have a deli here that had thin sliced rib eye.... Such a wonderful recipe... Thank so much for sharing. Yes, I have had philly cheese steak at a great place in Chicago and yes this is just as good... Great for low carb lovers. Thanks for sharing
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    making these for dinner tonight. cant wait to try. instead of roast beef I am using London broil (it was on sale, I cut it thin) and I am using French onion soup mix for my carmelized onions and flavorings/ of course I am still using mushrooms. looks tasty and yummy so far. :drinker:
  • Daxxes
    Daxxes Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • fjr1652
    fjr1652 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea, I'll make these for dinner soon. Thanks for sharing!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    These look great! Thank you for sharing!
  • dicafeparis
    dicafeparis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    look delish ! thanks
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Do you cook the roast beast first? Or does it cook in the peppers?
    I'm sorry for the confusion. The roast beef is pre-cooked. You can use your favorite deli meat, if you'd like. I know that Boar's Head is fantastic. :)

On that note they do make a cajun roast beef.. I bet these would be great with that.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I made these once, and they were freaking terrible. Follow the directions exactly (welllllll...it might not have been THIS recipe, but it was certainly extremely close) and the meat got so dry that they were barely edible. Of course, I might just be used to the well-dipped Italian beef sandwiches we can get here in Chicago, so maybe my perspective was skewed? But if anyone has a way to keep the meat more moist (heh), let me know.
  • dianasustaita37
    dianasustaita37 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump..... Yummerz.. Thanks for sharing :)
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    not a fan of roast beef but I just emailed my self this recipe.. All I would need to change is the meat.. Thanks for sharing.
  • MaryKayStrausser1980
    Options
    Looks really good, definitely going to try this!
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I made these once, and they were freaking terrible. Follow the directions exactly (welllllll...it might not have been THIS recipe, but it was certainly extremely close) and the meat got so dry that they were barely edible. Of course, I might just be used to the well-dipped Italian beef sandwiches we can get here in Chicago, so maybe my perspective was skewed? But if anyone has a way to keep the meat more moist (heh), let me know.
    Very strange - I've never had that problem. I'm thinking that you should completely saute your onions and mushrooms, and toss in the thinly sliced deli roast beef right at the end - just enough to toss everything together (rather than the 5-10 minutes called for by the recipe). Then proceed to stuffing the peppers. Once the mixture is in the pepper with the cheese melted over top, the moisture is somewhat sealed in (which makes me think that maybe your meat was dry before you put them in the oven?). Hope this helps!
  • cathg201
    cathg201 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for reposting - looks delish :)
  • supersparklies
    supersparklies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Do you cook the roast beast first? Or does it cook in the peppers?

I love that you call it roast beast :)
  • nikkiworld2
    nikkiworld2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I will have to quadruple this recipe; my husband will go nuts for this! Thanks for re-posting. No one should ever get mad at a re-posting of this recipe, lol.
  • ROBINSTL67
    ROBINSTL67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Looks really good, however, I hate Green Bell Peppers so I won't be trying it. LOL
    But, did I mention it looks really good!!!!!
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Looks really good, however, I hate Green Bell Peppers so I won't be trying it. LOL
    But, did I mention it looks really good!!!!!

My mom and I are trying on Wednesday with either yellow/red or oranges peppers. I'm not a fan of the green either.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know this recipe has been posted time and time again. I understand that most people are probably tired of seeing it, and are looking for something new and different. It's okay to be irritated...but...I'm posting it again. :) MFP has newly joined members every single day, and I'm hoping that someone who's never seen this scrumptious recipe comes across it.

And - of course, I recently made this, which...as always...has given me a renewed love for this little culinary gem.

Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers (originally from Peace, Love & Low Carb)

29corao.jpg

eb6hw7.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
    8 oz. Thinly Sliced Roast Beef
    8 Slices Provolone Cheese
    2 Large Green Bell Peppers
    1 Medium Sweet Onion – Sliced
    6 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms – Sliced
    2 Tbs. Butter
    2 Tbs. Olive Oil
    1 Tbs. Garlic – Minced
    Salt and Pepper – to taste

DIRECTIONS:
    Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds. In a large sauté pan over low-medium heat, add butter, olive oil, garlic, mushrooms onions and a little salt and pepper. Sauté until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°. Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes. Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese. Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing. Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.

Of course, you can easily lighten the recipe to reduce the calories. For example, I sauteed my onions and mushrooms in chicken broth rather than butter and olive oil. You can also use just one slice of provolone on each, rather than two (or even use two Sargento's thin slices).

I must say, these bad boys will knock your ever-loving socks off. They rocked my world, right here in the little subdivision where I live. I even wiped a tear from the corner of my eye, which - of course - I attribute to how awesome these peppers were. Enjoy!

NUTRITION INFO (reflects making the recipe as written):
    Makes Servings: 4
    Per Serving:
    Calories – 458
    Protein – 27 g
    Carbs – 8.5 net g
    Fat – 36 g

Well I for one haven't seen this recipe on the boards before so I'm glad it got re posted. Sounds like a good one:drinker:

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    These look so wonderful!