Fair Food!

Options
2»

Replies

• Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The state fair doesn't happen around here until September, but this thread has me wishing it was tomorrow. I can't wait for my strawberry/vanilla swirl soft serve cone. It's ambrosia. :)

I don't count calories the day I attend the fair, as it's near impossible to estimate and I'm not carting a food scale and measuring spoon/cups to the fairgrounds. I don't go crazy and probably eat maintenance calories at worst. On top of that, I'm walking around for hours. I wouldn't be shocked if I was actually in a deficit by the day's end. In any case, it's only one day.
  • princess71903
    princess71903 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain me the link between salmonella or no salemonella and funnel cake? I don't get it.

The funnel cake can't give salmonella but the chicken kabobs can. The point is that its easy to get food poisoning from fair food.
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    Considering Ive cut into a rotisserre chicken from walmart and discovered it not fully cooked in the middle..Id say its not limited to fair food.
  • IrishGirlVA
    Options
    I say, definitely eat something healthy before you go to the fair. Drink a lot of water and split the funnel cake with someone else. Enjoy the indulgence without feeling guilty! I don't know what elephant ears are, and I'm sure they are delicious, but I think the name totally turns me off. It's a mind over matter thing. I can eat chicken wings right up to the point where I start visualizing a chicken running. Then it's game over. :noway: LOL

Enjoy the fair and enjoy your treat!
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain me the link between salmonella or no salemonella and funnel cake? I don't get it.

The funnel cake can't give salmonella but the chicken kabobs can. The point is that its easy to get food poisoning from fair food.

Well, a whole lot of people caught a terrible stomach flu after eating at Noma last summer, and it was the best restaurant in the world at that time.

Food poisoning happens. Fair as nothing to do with it. It's human manipulation and human error that cause food poisoning, and food isn't usually handle by robots. I can live with this.