What are some of the things/habits/feelings you will NOT mis

Options
I WILL NOT MISS:

-Not being able to buy cute CHEAP clothes
-Not being able to be comfortable in just about anything
-SPANXX
-Looking for clothes based on whether it comes in my size rather than style, fit, color.
-Not feeling like a baby sumo wrestler next to my Lean and handsome boyfriend who weighs 50 pounds LESS than I do and is 7inches taller
-constant self doubt
- Having a mismatch between how people perceive me (beautiful, tall, confident) and how I perceive myself (chunky monkey with lots of self loathe)
-Having to wear 60% of my jeans/pants unbuttoned and then wearing a long top so noone knows (Because i refuse to go up a size from 16 to 18)
-My mom telling me she saw something cute at Avenue, Lane Bryant, or Ashley Stewart and thought it would look great on me. I have no qualms with these stores, its just that I am 25 and I would much rather not be assoc. witht hose stores just yet.
-Fearing that I will most certainly break 300 pounds before 30.
-Feeling like my boyfriend really thinks my body SUCKS (No matter how much he tells me I am hot and cant keep his hands off me)
-Drooling and praying I can have a body remotely close to Halle Berry
-Being told how much prettier I would be if I lost even 15-25 pounds
-Not wanting to go out and socialize with friends who happen to all be between 5'3-5'5 and wear sizes ranging from 2-8. I am 5'9 and wear a size 16. Does NOT make for a cute facebook pic, esp when I look like their mom.
-Always thinking that hot guy would have looked at me if I was smaller.
-Feeling that I am at risk for just about all health issues on the planet
-Family members coming up to me and poking at me saying, "You got sooooo BIG" Maybe at 5 it was a compliment. But At 25, its no longer a compliment and I know exactly what they mean.

Now I know this sounds really NEGATIVE, But looking at this actually MOTIVATES ME AND PUSHES ME. I came up with this idea when I was working out a few mins ago (45 mins on elliptical keeping HR AT 170 and burned ~675 cals). So noooo this is not a self hate post, but rather a BYE BYE to old habits/feelings/thoughts that have plagued me for ~5 years of my life.

So guys anyone have similar ones as I listed or anything else to add?

Replies

• heligal79
    Options
    I will not miss the feeling of defeat after trying on a million things at the store and leaving empty handed.
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Most of those you listed but most of all I will not miss one of my kids coming home upset because someone called their mom fat. It doesn't bother me, after all I am but it does bother me that my kids have to hear that and are upset about it. And I won't miss feeling like my husband would rather be with someone else and is ashamed of me because I've gained 150lbs since we got married 12 yrs ago.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I love this!

I will not miss hating having my picture taken. I can't wait until the day I'm fighting to be in the front row looking HOT! :)
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I will not miss:

insecurity
    hating skinny women (not really hating but feeling very, very self conscious around them)
    big girl clothes
    getting winded bending over tying my shoes
    hating the way I look in pictures
    being winded walking up a flight of stairs
    ignoring mirrors
    granny panties

Just to name a few.....
  • rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Options
    I will not miss:
    ~ Feeling uncomfortable in everything I wear
    ~ wearing a tankini to the beach
    ~ my own negative body thoughts all the time
    ~ Feeling uncomfortable when my husbands hand touch my stomach

Feeling like my armpit cleavage and back cleavage are always hanging out

Im sure theres more, but these are the biggest ones.
    Misty
  • mrsbolanos
    mrsbolanos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will not miss the belly overhang that scrunches my undies (and sometimes) pants down. GOOD BYE MUFFIN TOP.
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I will NOT miss:

Lane Bryant and Avenue
    finding no bathing suits in my size
    wearing ALL BLACK ALL THE TIME
    not being able to run
    the pain and lethargy
    not being able to see past my stomach
    having to wear mens clothes because women's were cut too small
    looking dumpy, not feeling worth wearing jewelry or accessories
    no self esteem/confidence
    justifying my weaknesses instead of taking them on
    junk food
    no self control
    all of the invalueble knowledge and wisdom I've gained from here and just on my journey in general
    getting "that look" from the doctor at every checkup
    not having control of my life or living it to its absoulte fullest! :drinker:

This is such an inspiring thread! Thanks for the idea! I'm enjoying reading all of these too :flowerforyou: We can do it!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I will not miss:

* Avoiding having my picture taken

* Hating looking into mirrors

* Staying in the house while everybody else is at the pool

* Avoiding sex because I hate my hubby seeing me naked
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I will not miss

acid reflux
    snoring, like that....
    stopping to rest after 2 flights of stairs
    the multitudes of poor health check-ups and annual visits to my physician
  • Izzygirl1985
    Options
    Most of those you listed but most of all I will not miss one of my kids coming home upset because someone called their mom fat. It doesn't bother me, after all I am but it does bother me that my kids have to hear that and are upset about it. And I won't miss feeling like my husband would rather be with someone else and is ashamed of me because I've gained 150lbs since we got married 12 yrs ago.

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL NO MATTER WHAT! Keep it up and have faith!
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I will not miss:
    - feeling less then sexy
  • Izzygirl1985
    Options
    oh my...you guys are AWESOME and oh so inspirational. Its amazing how much we share in common. Guys we can do this. Keep the faith!
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    83lbs lighter than I was a year ago, I do NOT miss...

1. Hating to shop because it doesn't matter what clothes you like-it only matters if it comes in my size and is slimming on me.
    2. Having my beautiful daughter have to see her "fat mama" all the time and thinking how she must look down on me.
    3. Avoiding having my husband touch me because I am so insecure.
    4. Never letting myself have a good thought about me because no matter what I do that I should be proud of...I'm still FAT.
    5. Being jealous of my sister or my husband because they have never had any weight issues and look great all the time.
    6. Just feeling BLAH.

and many many more...
  • Izzygirl1985
    Options
    83lbs lighter than I was a year ago, I do NOT miss...

1. Hating to shop because it doesn't matter what clothes you like-it only matters if it comes in my size and is slimming on me.
    2. Having my beautiful daughter have to see her "fat mama" all the time and thinking how she must look down on me.
    3. Avoiding having my husband touch me because I am so insecure.
    4. Never letting myself have a good thought about me because no matter what I do that I should be proud of...I'm still FAT.
    5. Being jealous of my sister or my husband because they have never had any weight issues and look great all the time.
    6. Just feeling BLAH.

and many many more...

YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION! 83 POUNDS???? DO TELL HOW
  • missindepndnt86
    missindepndnt86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ok I LOVE this post!!

I will NOT miss:

Disappointing my honey by always having to have the lights off during sex because I feel gross
    Trying on several outfits at a time, and leaving empty handed because nothing fit
    Taking only head shots of myself because I feel everything else looks so awful
    The endless search for a bathing suit that fits, covers EVERYTHING, and doesn't make me look like a whale
  • Izzygirl1985
    Options
    Ok I LOVE this post!!

I will NOT miss:

Disappointing my honey by always having to have the lights off during sex because I feel gross
    Trying on several outfits at a time, and leaving empty handed because nothing fit
    Taking only head shots of myself because I feel everything else looks so awful
    The endless search for a bathing suit that fits, covers EVERYTHING, and doesn't make me look like a whale

ditto!!! HOW ABOUT THIS....Having the person taking the pic move back on zoom OUT so that i dont look too big. Distant shots make me look smaller. Also never being able to wear SLEEVELESS TOPS because the diameter of my arms is greater than that of my face.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Huffing after running up the stairs a few floors at work.
  • danahake
    danahake Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I will not miss being a stress eater, being lumpy and bumpy, having to cover up, say do i look big in this?
  • katzplay62
    Options
    Staying in my home because I'm embarrassed to be out in public.
    Holding my driver's license so the weight doesn't show...even though it's a bald-faced lie.
    Avoiding any activity that may ask for my weight-haven't been xc skiing in years because they need your weight to select your ski length. Forget about zip-lines. Or flying on air jets in Vegas.
    Explaining that I hurt myself (yeah, years ago) and couldn't work out.
    Size 22 jeans.
    Bras that look more like architectural supports than lingerie.

I SO identify with the shopping for hours and going home empty handed.

Kat
  • mallove81
    Options
    All these posts are so great and inspirational.

I will not miss being the heaviest of my friends, and feeling like a picture is ruined by my chubby face. I always hated "picture time" and wished I could be cropped out. I also hated having to take pics at certain angles that were more flattering or hid a chin...or two

I will not miss having to do mega squats with newly washed jeans to stretch them because I was in denial that I needed the next size up.

I will not miss using baby weight as an excuse...(my son is 8)!

I will not miss doubting myself and my will power. Weight gain/loss or not, be beautiful within and do the best that you can do! Continue to inspire yourself and others!!