What's your 'go to' fast food meal?

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I've never been to a Chick Fil A, and I have no intention to.

I take that back. I went to the bathroom at one, once. Not a great experience.

tumblr_ly7s0wv84v1rn95k2o1_250.gif
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I have a Chick Fil A less than a mile from my house so I go there often. The problem is now that I had it last night I want it again tonight even though I have my dinner planned out. We'll see....
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I've never been to a Chick Fil A, and I have no intention to.

I take that back. I went to the bathroom at one, once. Not a great experience.

Well that really contributed to the conversation. Lemme guess....never been to Hobby Lobby and have no intentions too, unless you have to go potty?

OP: Anything Whataburger (when I'm actually in Texas) or Little Caeser's pepperoni crazy bread.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian fajata burrito bowl from chipotle!
  • thin4me59
    thin4me59 Posts: 73
    Options
    McDonald's Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad with the Newman's southwest dressing - 390 calories!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    my go to fast food is wendy`s chilli Love it and its filling. Normally would order a small chilli with cheese ( two cracker packs ) and a Med. size natural Lemonade and be quite happy :)
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278
    Options
    If I have to get mc donalds food I always get their oatmeal. I also get egg white sandwiches from dunkin doughnuts
  • weavernv
    weavernv Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few options at Baja Fresh that easily fall between 500-800 cals. for a pretty substantial meal. Like 2 baja-style (corn tortilla) chicken or steak tacos with rice and black beans.
    ^^ This, Only I tend to go with out the rice and black beans, just the tacos... :smile:
  • laura3773
    laura3773 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Jimmy John's BLT, no mayo, add avocado with pickle and a diet coke or unsweetened iced tea (right about 500 calories), Chipotle chicken burrito bowl, and I love to eat at Wegman's (grocery store with a GREAT prepared foods area). Just did that for lunch - giant NY-style pizza slice and a spinach salad on the side with chick peas, black beans, carrots, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, edamame, shredded cheddar, bacon bits and a spritz of balsamic and olive oil (around 750 calories).

I really, really like Subway for breakfast. Their little egg white mini sandwich with bacon & pepper jack cheese and loaded down with veggies is only like 200 calories.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Subway or extreme pita or Edo japan
  • short_nerdy_lady
    Options
    Some kind of grilled chicken sandwich, no sauce, just add veggies. And as cliche as it seems SUBWAY! So many low cal options there. Booster Juice is also a favorite of mine :)
  • jjshyvixen
    jjshyvixen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    These are all around 400 cals or under:

Subway: Philly Steak salad
    Taco Bell: 2 Fresco Style steak soft tacos
    Burger King: Grilled Chicken Salad
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Really depends on my mood. I usually go for chinese if I'm knowingly saving calories for fast food but I'll grab other stuff too if I'm on the run.

McD's Cheeseburger: 290 cals
    McD's Eggwhite Delight: 250 cals
    McD's Premium Grilled Chicken Sandwich: 350 cals
    McD's Big Mac Snack Wrap: 330 cals

Taco Bell AM Grilled Taco Egg and Cheese: 170 cals
    Fresco Burrito with Steak: 350 cals
    Fresco Grilled Steak Soft Taco: 150 cals
    Chicken Gordita Supreme: 270 cals
    Grilled Steak Soft Taco: 200 cals

Subway black forest ham: 290 cals
    Subway roast beef: 320 cals
    Subway club: 310 cals
    Subway turkey breast: 280 cals
    Oil and vinegar is 43 cals so i'd use that, salt, pepper and veggies :)

ETA: Should've mentioned I took my mom to the ER today and she wanted chipotle afterwards. 865 calories of nom. I logged it as well and if I go over my calories by the end of the night, oh well, tomorrow is a new day. :)
  • andreavarangu
    andreavarangu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds
    hamburger- 250
    diet coke- 0
    fruit parfait with granola- 150
    side salad with low fat vinagarete dressing- 50

So you can get a Whopper Jr. at Burger King with no mayo for 230 calories. And they have lettuce and tomato and onion on them.....Just a better burger IMO
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid fast food or processed food as much as possible, but I do have it sometimes. Here is what I have:

Taco Bell - Steak or Chicken Soft Taco - If we "need" to go out to eat I choose this if I can. It's the better choice as far as fitting into my plan.
    BK - Whopper Jr - no cheese, no catsup
    McDonalds - Hamburger or Double Hamburger (I've never liked their "cheese", which works out as it cuts out some of the calories)

There are some more local or regional places I've been to, too, and stick to things that run along the lines of the above. Even if I have the calorie allowance I won't go all out.
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A is the best! I love their grilled and fried chicken sandwiches so much. And with waffle fries...yum! However, ever since I started eating healthier, I don't find myself missing these things as much as I thought I would. Interesting :)
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I get a Mcdonalds Chicken Club NO MAYO. The chicken is super juicy so you dont need it. It comes on a wheat bun too. Its about 460 cals I think and delicious. If Im being EXTRA good I get no bacon and no cheese and no may on it 300 cals and I get a fruit parfait too. :) NO FRIES EVER. They have more salt/fa/tcalories then a damn burger.

You are sadly mistaken on the sodium! Even a large fry only has 290 mg of sodium. (510 calories) The grilled chicken club has the same number of calories but 1250 mg of salt!!!!! Even a small hamburger has 480mg of sodium, almost 2x as much as a large fry. But only 240 calories.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I would get pizza if I had 1000 cal left over for the day.
  • potatogirl741
    potatogirl741 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    So I was debating between Potbelly and Chick Fil A and wound up at Chick Fil A. I got the grilled chicken club and fries which came to 840 calories.

I love, love, love Chipotle but try to stay away from there because I don't trust their portion sizes. I know they put way more sour cream, guacamole and things on the burrito bowl than the nutritional information accounts for.

I always ask for those condiments on the side. That way, I portion them out, not them. I also tell them easy on the rice to keep the calories down or to try and account for the difference.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    i'm jealous of all of you who live near a chik fil a

Me too!
    I have had it once in my life, last year on vacation.
    I still can't forget that strawberry milkshake....