What's your 'go to' fast food meal?

Options

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Papa John's(kidding) I have no go to fast food. . . .maybe cauliflower.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    You could grab something from the supermarket. Or eat later.
  • kmsnyg
    kmsnyg Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My go to meals are:

Chipotle: salad with chicken, extra fajita veggies and tomato salsa-- 260 calories ( no dressing)

Chik fil a: grilled chicken sandwich and a small fruit cup--less than 400 calories

Taco Bell: 3 chicken soft tacos, fresco--450 calories

McDonald: egg mcmuffin or egg white delight, no hashbrown
  • Artosas
    Artosas Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My go to fast food meal is Chic-Fil-A's Spicy chicken sandwhich..mmmmm :) That or a burger from Whataburger lol
  • Bmclark
    Bmclark Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jimmy John's #10 Hunter's Club on the french bread
    Take bread out, ez mayo, extra lettuce, cut in half
  • 12bfree
    12bfree Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Either a Subway 6” Veggie Delight on honey oat bread or Wasabi’s nine-piece sashimi set with salad and ginger dressing.
  • LeeLee6184
    LeeLee6184 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Subway 6" turkey sub on wheat, no cheese...mustard, and any veggie you like (280 calories)...this is my go-to Subway sub if my calorie budget is dwindling.

If I could have any sub I want and have enough in my calorie budget to splurge, I'd get a 6" tuna sub (probably still stick with the wheat bread even tho I LOVE the Italian herbs and cheese bread). I like mine toasted with american cheese. I never add any condiments on the tuna cuz it has mayo mixed in as it is. Then top with my favorite veggies. (580 calories)
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wendy's kids meal!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hale and Hearty - Ten Vegetable Soup or Three Lentil Chili with 7 Grain Bread, Snack: Fruit Salad
    Chop't - Modern Asian Salad with Chicken
    Pret a Manger - Chicken Noodle or Moroccan Lentil Soup, Snacks: Grapes, Chocolate Trail or Omega 3 Mix
    Panera - Garden Vegetable, Black Bean or Chicken Noodle Soup and/or Strawberry Poppyseed or Fuji Apple Chicken Salad with Apple, Snack: Fruit Salad
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    You can eat pretty much anywhere from 1000 calories. Eat where you like the food.

I personally never really liked the traditional fast foods like pizza, burgers , sandwiches or fried chicken and the rest.

If I have the money and time and want to eat out, I get steak with baked potato / veggies. My second favorite sit done eating outside dinner is Indian food, which I usually regret the next morning due to heartburn.
    Or chilly's steak fajita . I think originally the dish meant for 2 people with the tortillas and cheese and whatnot, but I just eat the meat and the fire grilled veggies and eat the whole thing by myself. ;)
    If I am short on time and/ or money , I get one of these:
    EDO: my favourite is sukiyaki beef , I ask for double beef to have more meat. I usually have ~ 600 calories for dinner, hence I skip the rice and just eat the veggies.
    OPA: Greek salad and chicken or lamb or been souvlaki, and I usually ask for an extra skewer. What can I say I love the meat.
    Wendies: baconator with no bun and baked potato as a side. Or I used to order Cobb salad, but it seems that option is gone now.
    Koryo( Korean BBQ) : beef and chicken with broccoli and rice. I think this is just a small chain around where I live, but it is great fire grilled Korean meat , yummy.

Usually I love meat and my protein
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    The only situation where I buy fast food is on carless road trips so a sack of whatever's cheap and semi-reasonable on the protein to fat ratio will do. Double cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches (hold the mayo - that stuff'll spoil on ya), burritos, hot dogs... whoever's selling the chow is often the only game in town so I'll hold my nose if it's not terribly far from how people probably assume I used to eat and pick up a sackful.
  • AmberLeannnn
    AmberLeannnn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Chipotle burrito bowl - usually chicken with black beans and brown rice... even with sour cream and cheese, it clocks in at between 600 - 700 calories. If you have 1000 to play with, heck, treat yourself to some chips too! :smile:

+1 Sooo good and fresh! I avoid McDonalds like the plague.
  • Raaynn
    Raaynn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    KFC,,, an unsweetened iced tea, grilled chicken breast and a little dip of buffalo sauce and a sided of green beans comes to about 350 calories total. if you omit the sauce it can be a meal that is under 300 cals and almost zero carbs, that's hard to find anywhere else :) beat that!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hale and Hearty - Ten Vegetable Soup or Three Lentil Chili with 7 Grain Bread, Snack: Fruit Salad
    Chop't - Modern Asian Salad with Chicken
    Pret a Manger - Chicken Noodle or Moroccan Lentil Soup, Snacks: Grapes, Chocolate Trail or Omega 3 Mix
    Panera - Garden Vegetable, Black Bean or Chicken Noodle Soup and/or Strawberry Poppyseed or Fuji Apple Chicken Salad with Apple, Snack: Fruit Salad

NYC in the house lol
  • AceCC86
    AceCC86 Posts: 71
    Options
    I try to avoid fast food joints as much as possible now because I used to binge like CRAZY on the stuff. I am still embarrassed to admit what my "go to" meals there used to be...

With that being said, if I'm in a bind I'll swing by Wendy's and get an Ultimate Chicken Grill (just over 300 calories) or Grilled Chicken Go Wrap (just over 200 calories). The chili isn't too bad either. And sometimes If I forget my breakfast at home I'll sometimes nab an egg white flatbread from Dunkin Donuts.

The sodium in all that stuff is out of control though, so I try to combat it with tons of water.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    mexican like taco del mar or taco time. either two califonia style tacos or a chicken burrito.

jimmy johns turkey on wheat (their wheat bread is excellent and hearty) no cheese or mayo

run into the grocery store and hit up the deli for sandwich makins or get a rotisserie chicken and some lettuce and such for a salad.

veggie pizza on thin crust (dont eat the whole thing though :)
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Depends on where I go, but :
    McDonald's: McChicken or McWrap
    TacoBell: 7 Layer Burrito
    Wendy's: Strawberry Fields Salad
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Depends on where I go, but :
    McDonald's: McChicken or McWrap
    TacoBell: 7 Layer Burrito
    Wendy's: Strawberry Fields Salad

that strawberry salad is the only thing at wendys i have ever liked. yum!
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Every Friday after grocery shopping, I pick up Subway for our dinner. It's my one day of the week I get to have fast food. I usually get a 6" roast beef on Italian Herb & Cheese bread with pepperjack cheese, lettuce, baby spinach, pickles and mustard. I take that home and have it with a Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry. It comes out to 392 calories and fills me up nicely.

IF I had 1,000 calories to spend I might have a 12" instead with salt & vinegar chips. Or at least swap out the roast beef for oven roasted chicken breast and add bacon, ranch & chipotle sauce.

I used to LOVE the grilled stuffed steak burrito from Taco Bell before I started counting calories. That would be a rare treat for me now, but you could afford the 820 calories. ;)
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Subway-which is not as healthy as ppl say it is... I get a 6inch white bread (less cals than wheat) BLT with just those items on it and a little lite mayo.

baked potatoes you can get at like wendy's
    that's all I cna rlly think of right now.