Any way to prevent breasts sagging from weight loss?

Options
I'm only 19 but thanks to my extremely large breast (36 I cup) and rapid weight gain, they're already far from perky. I realise that aside from surgery there is nothing that can be done to turn back gravity, but I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent the sagginess worsening when I lose weight.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    nope!

you can build the muscle behind them though, and good posture always helps.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    No, nothing. I personally would NEVER choose to be at a weight that compromised the firmness of my bustline! In fact, I choose my ideal weight based upon how my bust looks. Weight too low OR too high could create sagging! I suggest you should consult a plastic surgeon to see exactly what options are available to you to reverse the damage; surely, something could be done by way of surgery to help you. (You are most likely going to receive replies on this thread suggesting exercise; however, that won't work.)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I'm only 19 but thanks to my extremely large breast (36 I cup) and rapid weight gain, they're already far from perky. I realise that aside from surgery there is nothing that can be done to turn back gravity, but I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent the sagginess worsening when I lose weight.

Find a shop with people who can measure and fit you for the right (and perfect looking) bra.
  • spinneyhex
    spinneyhex Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm using "Lovely Jubblys" cream from Lush but I think it's just wishful thinking. A good supportive bra and fake it ;)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    No, nothing. I personally would NEVER choose to be at a weight that compromised the firmness of my bustline! In fact, I choose my ideal weight based upon how my bust looks. Weight too low OR too high could create sagging! I suggest you should consult a plastic surgeon to see exactly what options are available to you to reverse the damage; surely, something could be done by way of surgery to help you. (You are most likely going to receive replies on this thread suggesting exercise; however, that won't work.)

Wow, I wish I thought of my boobs before I "chose" to get fat! thank you for the insight! I can't wait to give your advice to my past self when the Doctor finaly whisks me away in the TARDIS and I can get back to tell my past-self that the biggest issue I'll have with getting fat is the sagginess of my t!ts.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Bench presses strengthen the pectoral muscles (the ones that sit under the breasts) - breast tissue is fat and mammary glands, so there's no muscles in there to strengthen - however by strengthening the muscle underneath it, you give them a better foundation, so to speak. Push-ups are pretty similar in terms of what muscles they work. Both push-ups and bench presses are really good exercises and will strengthen and tone your arms too, not just your chest muscles. Being strong generally will improve how your body looks all over. That plus a good bra should help your boobs (and the rest of you) to be perky.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Wow, I wish I thought of my boobs before I "chose" to get fat! thank you for the insight! I can't wait to give your advice to my past self when the Doctor finaly whisks me away in the TARDIS and I can get back to tell my past-self that the biggest issue I'll have with getting fat is my t!ts.

i remember, when talking about my small boobies, that a friend said 'just put some more weight on so they get bigger' i was like :noway: 'yeah but then what about my massive stomach and fat *kitten*!?'
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Don't assume it's going to be terrible. With only 46 lbs to lose, you have a very good shot of not having any sagging issues at all from weight loss.

Your age is a huge plus here in that you still have very full, elastic skin. I lost that amount of weight at your age, had massive bustline changes (that's where I gain and lose it first) and had no issues with sagging. Young skin is very good at snapping back!

I absolutely agree that you should pay the money for good bras, including sports bras. I think that's got a good bit to do with why I still don't have sagging issues at 50 despite never having been smaller than a D cup and up to a G at my heaviest.

Resistance exercises for your chest and back don't change your breasts but can change your posture and make the breasts appear to sit a little higher.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Wear bras more... They help keep them and train them in place... :-p
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with being small up top; firmness is what counts. But I would definitely choose to have a massive stomach if the weight gain created volume to keep breasts filled-out and firm. A fat *kitten*, I wish! I have a serious butt deficit. :sad:
  • JaneyB311
    JaneyB311 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Wow, I wish I thought of my boobs before I "chose" to get fat! thank you for the insight! I can't wait to give your advice to my past self when the Doctor finaly whisks me away in the TARDIS and I can get back to tell my past-self that the biggest issue I'll have with getting fat is my t!ts.

i remember, when talking about my small boobies, that a friend said 'just put some more weight on so they get bigger' i was like :noway: 'yeah but then what about my massive stomach and fat *kitten*!?'

Laughing my *kitten* off here. There are very often completely ridculous posts of MFP but aedrena has just surpassed the lot!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with being small up top; firmness is what counts. But I would definitely choose to have a massive stomach if the weight gain created volume to keep breasts filled-out and firm. A fat *kitten*, I wish! I have a serious butt deficit. :sad:

actually no firmness is not what counts...if you want firm for life get implants and I know a lot of men who prefer the feeling of real flesh rather than that...my husband being one of them...

Mine might be a bit saggy from losing weight, breast feeding and age and could get implants but the DH is like...."NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"....so yah you my dear woman are really well...wrong....
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    It may not be as bad as you think. I started at a 34GG/H/I (depending on bra), have lost 35 lbs, and am back to my pre-weight gain size of….32G.:sad: But they don't look too bad, considering I'm 36, they're freaking heavy, and I've got a combined 3+ years of breastfeeding under my belt.

Working my pecs and giving my body some time for skin and such to firm up, I think they'll look better. I will say this, getting the extra weight off, even though they are still big, has made a huge difference in how I feel, and they look a lot better in bras (and more choices of bras, hallelujah!).

ETA: Body weight has nothing to do with sagging. Please do not listen to that poster.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

That+blackman+brings+the+sofa+everywhere+_cd6c57628eae48be2e99a744bfc9482e.jpg
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I'm using "Lovely Jubblys" cream from Lush but I think it's just wishful thinking. A good supportive bra and fake it ;)

in for lovely jubblys lol
  • short_nerdy_lady
    Options
    I'm a member of the itty bitty titty committee so I don't have that issue, though I HATE the shape of my boobs but that's mother natures fault. *sigh*
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is close enough to me to see my bare girls without a bra better love me enough to be PROUD of the extra skin I earned losing weight. Every square millimeter of extra skin is proof of my dedication, commitment, hard work and tenacity; which are qualities that they should love me for.

That and a good bra that keep the girls high, and shows off my now-tiny waist
  • SsetAdnama
    SsetAdnama Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm not so much worried about the sagging as I am about the shrinking. I was a 38DD and now I'm a 38C or 38B. It's not freaking fair. I finally had a decent rack going and now that rack is the first thing to go. Why not my chin/neck? Why not my stomach? Why not my thighs? Why does the weight have to come out of my boobs first? One of the few good things (for me) about putting on weight was I finally had some ta-tas to shake around. It was like a consolation prize. But now that I'm losing weight, the tits are the first to go. Hello! The rest of me is still fat! How about keeping those boobs a little longer, Universe? I still need them until I drop another 30 lbs to keep me somewhat symmetrical. Unfortunately, the Universe does not care about my vanishing breasts.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    a good bra that holds those babies into place and toning up your pectoral muscles. that and keep in mind they will shrink so there will be less of them to worry about as you lose weight. its sad but true. at least you are young and they make amazing bras to camouflage that sagggin. lol:drinker:
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Wow, I wish I thought of my boobs before I "chose" to get fat! thank you for the insight! I can't wait to give your advice to my past self when the Doctor finaly whisks me away in the TARDIS and I can get back to tell my past-self that the biggest issue I'll have with getting fat is the sagginess of my t!ts.

tumblr_mz899q0Wu81rizx2eo1_500.gif