Worried about my butt!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Lose the fat and build the muscle... Gymnasts have great booty, because they are all muscle...

I've lost a lot of weight over the years, and I lift so my rump gets better not worse... Oh, I still have boobs too, but admittedly they are not as firm as they once were (2 kids and a total of 80 pounds do a number on the elasticity of the skin).
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Get yourself on a good lifting routine - one that includes a focus on your butt. Squats are great, and people should try to incorporate them into a routine, but they re more quad focused. Look at barbell hip thrusts and/or bridges.

Brett Contreras is a great resource - look into his "Strong Curves" routine.

As has been mentioned, there is not a lot you can do about the size of your boobs, other than cosmetic surgery.

I was going to suggest "Strong Curves" as well. Sara knows her s***!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    It's funny how years ago when step classes were really in women were complaining about the booty they were getting, As some one with a bootylucious figure myself I agree with the previous posters about the squats, lunges, deadlifts etc.. You can improve your booty . It will get smaller but from the side it can look a lot perkier and will still be there
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i was 'worried' about this too, kinda. i started losing weight and realized that it went away first in my belly (which is where i gain first), in my boobs and face. last is my butt and thighs. i felt really good about that. although, i'm happy losing fat from where ever it decides to come off of. :) i'm more concerned with carrying around excess fat all over than losing my shape.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    squats will give you a glorious butt, even if you drop a little weight there. No worries, you'll look better than ever.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Check out Strong Curves. It's a book with a program specifically designed to build glutes. It also gives a good all-over body workout, but the main focus is building glutes.
  • MaeRay007
    MaeRay007 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So I am currently cutting and trying to maintain my butt. It's freaking hard to do. You are going to lose in those areas as for most women boobs and butt go first. I used to be a C I am now an A. I don't like it one bit but I like the rest of my body and am proud of the fat lost so I put up with it. My butt has shrunk but it looks much nicer now.
    As I was saying I am cutting and trying to keep the booty from shrinking more. What I do and have had some awesome success is I of course work my legs once a week and I work them hard...squats are your best friend! But every other day at the end of a workout no matter what body part I am lifting I do 2 glute targeting exercise. Some say this doesn't work and it's just an accessory lift, but I have seen a huge difference!! For cardio I try to stick to the stair master more than anything else or other machines at an incline so you work your glutes more.

As for finding the right exercise to do look on bodybuilding.com, they have a huge selection of articles to read that are pretty dang good! But my favorite way to find something to do is to look at Katy Hearn. If you have an instagram start following her...Her butt is fabulous! And she posts a lot of workouts targeting them.

All in all weights are your best friend.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I lost my butt last year after losing the baby weight because I ate too little and lost weight too fast. So I completed a 15 week bulk while using the Strong Curves program. I've now cut back down to almost my pre-bulk weight and am happy to say the booty is still there and going strong. :wink:

The secret is to lift HEAVY and eat at a very slight deficit. The higher the deficit the more likely you are to lose lean body mass. I'm losing 0.5 lbs per week and my bum is still bootylicious.