Most "unusual" pet you've ever had?

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I have mostly had cats and dogs. I guess the more unusual pets I've had were in my childhood...two rabbits and a guinea pig. Still not very unusual at all :-)
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    We had a bunch of fish and snails growing up?

Also, i took care of a baby squirrel that had fallen out of it's nest. Her name was Elfrieda De La Nuttingsworth the III. I decided she was spanish...
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Several feral cats that wandered into my backyard. I was able to tame only one of them and she was still pretty wild. But so cute.
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... rural Arkansas too.. this must be a thing. "weird" pets. Spiders, snakes, turtles (including snappers) lizards, chickens. The coolest one was my Carolina Dog - which is basically an American dingo. I didn't have them because my mom wouldn't let me keep them, but my best friend had both a deer and a wolf. I pretended they were mine.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Growing up I had all kinda of lizards, frogs, salamanders, snapping turtles, tortoises-- if you can find it in rural Arkansas I probably tried to keep one as a pet at some point.

<chuckle> Substitute Illinois for Arkansas, and it sounds like we grew up pretty much the same. Bless our mothers :-D
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I had a carnival-won goldfish that lived his life in fear... but he lived for YEARS.

His name was Bait.

Now I've got a sweetheart of a pitbull who I think accidentally hurt a fly once trying to play with it.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    hermit crabs
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    We used to have a rabbit called Monday... if that counts.

We had a rabbit named Sunday :)
  • ken_m
    ken_m Posts: 128
    Options
    I had a cat wearing sunglasses, which I know a cat is pretty normal but one wearing sunglasses... ha ha ah well that is NOT!
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I had a couple newts. One got loose in the house. Not sure what happened to it. And mice, I had a few mice. Stinky things.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I had a carnival-won goldfish that lived his life in fear... but he lived for YEARS.

His name was Bait.

Now I've got a sweetheart of a pitbull who I think accidentally hurt a fly once trying to play with it.

lol pit bulls really can be such babies.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    we had 2 radiated tortoises in Madagascar, which went on to live at a special breeding program, some tiny chameleons ( about the size of my pinky) one chameleon the size of my arm, lots of cats and dogs of course
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    When I was in elementary school I had a Rooster named Thunder and my brother had a Chicken named Crystal. Mom accidently ran them over one day when we where leaving for school... I'll never forget the look on her face as she looked out the rear view mirror, completely horrified. :frown:

Now I have three Pitbulls who love to workout with me, so it's great! I feel like I have a posse following me on my walks haha
  • Sweetout
    Sweetout Posts: 153
    Options
    An opossum named Woody.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I had a piranha when I was in high school.
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I had a uromastix lizard named Bunny for ten years. He ate salad and was a really sweet pet.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    hermit crabs

I'm pretty sure there's a cream for that. :laugh:
  • 280tofit2014
    Options
    I had a wolf dog and a python. I adopted them both at same time because they were already inseparable best friends. They passed three days apart. They were wonderful additions to my family.
  • 280tofit2014
    Options
    hermit crabs

I'm pretty sure there's a cream for that. :laugh:

^ still laughing at that
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    When i was a kid my family would go to our cottage out in the country ....okay well more rural than the town i was living in anyway :P I had a "pet" squirrel...buddy. He was awesome and would steal apples & tobacco from my dad.

I also had joint custody awhile back of a hedgehog.