"Fake geek girls" debunked

Options

Replies

• Rainydaygirl1
    Rainydaygirl1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Tons of them on youtube and gaming sites.. Often large chested woman who claim to be geeks so they can setup a cam of themselves playing a video game and their neckbearded Reddit audience can tip them $$$ because they feel like they are watching their dream woman live, even though it's all a lie.

Classy. Did you actually watch the video the OP posted? Or are you just commenting random sexist nonsense?

First, it can't be nonsense if it's fact. Every person in the gaming world knows of this phenomena. It also can't be sexist if it's fact. Is it also sexist to say that camgirls and strippers let lonely men live out fantasies?

Do you just throw out "sexist nonsense" whenever you dont understand something?

Really?? Implying that a female can't enjoy video games because she has a large chest SEEMS pretty dang sexist to me. It also sounds like nonsense. Am I saying that no woman would ever do it to exploit a man? No, I'm not, but to imply that women are automatically faking being nerdy simply because they happen to also be attractive is absurd. But what do I know, I have big boobs, I'm probably just after your money.

Also, FIFY.

To be fair he isn't saying large chested women= not really into games. Also not saying all women do it or all women are faking. As with most things in life there are people that honestly enjoy it and those that pretend for attention. I know what he is talking about. When I try to watch another girl streamer play league of legends it is really hard to find one that doesn't point the cam at her boobs.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Tons of them on youtube and gaming sites.. Often large chested woman who claim to be geeks so they can setup a cam of themselves playing a video game and their neckbearded Reddit audience can tip them $$$ because they feel like they are watching their dream woman live, even though it's all a lie.

Classy. Did you actually watch the video the OP posted? Or are you just commenting random sexist nonsense?

First, it can't be nonsense if it's fact. Every person in the gaming world knows of this phenomena. It also can't be sexist if it's fact. Is it also sexist to say that camgirls and strippers let lonely men live out fantasies?

Really?? Implying that a female can't enjoy video games because she has a large chest SEEMS pretty dang sexist to me. It also sounds like nonsense. Am I saying that no woman would ever do it to exploit a man? No, I'm not, but to imply that women are automatically faking being nerdy simply because they happen to also be attractive is absurd. But what do I know, I have big boobs, I'm probably just after your money.

Also, FIFY.

Reading comprehension please.

I didn't imply anything like that and it takes a pretty giant leap to even make that claim, but it does show exactly where you're coming from.

Struck a nerve with you and all logic flew out the window.

Edit, also fixed it before ya. Thanks. You are so smart! Definitely a redditor I see. Hence the meltdown

Strike a nerve! Sir, everything you've written reeks of bitterness and disdain. Please check yourself before you wreck yourself and insult nice girls. Please and thank you.

Thank you ma'am!
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options

First, it can't be nonsense if it's fact. Every person in the gaming world knows of this phenomena. If you are denying there are signficant number of people, many of them women and what this topic was about, who dramatically overstate their geeky interests to gain attention.....you are living under a rock. It also can't be sexist if it's fact. Is it also sexist to say that camgirls and strippers let lonely men live out fantasies?

You know what's nonsense? When I had to play a male character on an MMORPG for 5 years and have a male handle, because when other male players learned I was a chick they'd either creep on me or doubt my gaming skills.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

Also, FIFY.

I didn't imply anything like that and it takes a pretty giant leap to even make that claim, but it does show exactly where you're coming from.

Edit, also fixed it before ya. Thanks. You are so smart! Definitely a redditor I see. Hence the meltdown

Strike a nerve! Sir, everything you've written reeks of bitterness and disdain. Please check yourself before you wreck yourself and insult nice girls. Please and thank you.

Thank you ma'am!

You are welcome, Dainty Damsel. Would you like to hop atop my noble steed and ride into the sunset?
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Insult nice girls? The nice girls making six figures off desperate guys tipping them while they play video games with their boobs falling out of their shirt? Those are the only ones I "insulted". And I didn't even insult them, just said they exist. I admire their creativity.

Reading comprehension again, please. Struck a nerve there too huh.

You know what's nonsense? When I had to play a male character on an MMORPG for 5 years and have a male handle, because when other male players learned I was a chick they'd either creep on me or doubt my gaming skills.

lol. speaks to the types of men playing MMORPGS (I used to be one).

Same group of guys tipping these girls to "play video games"
  • miss_jessiejane
    Options

Also, FIFY.

Thank you ma'am!

You are welcome, Dainty Damsel. Would you like to hop atop my noble steed and ride into the sunset?

I would love that!! Heigh ho Silver, awwwaaaayyyy!!!!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Insult nice girls? The nice girls making six figures off desperate guys tipping them while they play video games with their boobs falling out of their shirt? Those are the only ones I "insulted". And I didn't even insult them, just said they exist. I admire their creativity.

Hold on a second here. You're using way way too many pronouns. I can't tell who is doing the tipping, who has boobs falling out of a shirt, and which group is being insulted.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

how do those girls with their boobs falling out of their shirts compare to guys who are obviously in their 40's trying to pass themselves off as 25 years old on a calorie counting site? :huh:
  • trojan_bb
    Options

how do those girls with their boobs falling out of their shirts compare to guys who are obviously in their 40's trying to pass themselves off as 25 years old on a calorie counting site? :huh:

LMAO.

Brainy Burro, come on man. I am obiously 25. I was 24 when I posted on here last year. And 23 when I posted on here the year before. I have met 2 people on MFP who can confirm. I look a little old, sure. But really.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options

[/quote]

Dude, the ones I was referencing being insulted were the ones you were directly insulting on this board. Before you go around assuming everyone else's reading comprehension sucks perhaps you should work on developing your own.

Secondly, if everyone is having issues understanding what YOU are trying to say then perhaps the error doesn't lie in the reader but in the writer.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

LMAO.

Brainy Burro, come on man. I am obiously 25. I was 24 when I posted on here last year. And 23 when I posted on here the year before. I have met 2 people on MFP who can confirm. I look a little old, sure. But really.
    Uh, no. It's not obvious. Sorry.
  • miss_jessiejane
    Options

Yeah, we get it dude. You're not technically saying all chicks are like that and you're not coming out and stating that it's how it is for ALL girls. But the implication remains. The video OP posted was about how likely it is that most women in real life who say they're nerdy are, in fact, nerdy. Statements like the one that you made, although directed at one specific type of woman, are the reason that women, like myself, who are actually nerds, are discounted immediately and labeled as fakes. How would you feel if someone assumed that based on the way you look, you were really stupid and took steriods. Even if they didn't come out and say it specifically TO you, if they said that men that look like you OFTEN take steriods. You'd be offended, right? So why is it wrong for me to be offended about what you implied?
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options

LMAO.

I would have never guessed 25 either...
  • trojan_bb
    Options

Dude, the ones I was referencing being insulted were the ones you were directly insulting on this board. Before you go around assuming everyone else's reading comprehension sucks perhaps you should work on developing your own.

Secondly, if everyone is having issues understanding what YOU are trying to say then perhaps the error doesn't lie in the reader but in the writer.

Multiple people understood what I was saying. Just not you and the other girl. :flowerforyou:

It's obvious I'm not in my 40's. I don't look 25. I also don't look like I'm 45....

But nice thread turn. Just because I have a receding hairline.... :ohwell:
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

LMAO.

I would have never guessed 25 either...
    Maybe one of the fake gamer girls he's talking about told him he looked 25?
  • cronly
    cronly Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    hDC5A5D9D
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    very entertaining. personally i wouldn't have motivation to lie about my age, my love life is much better in my 30s then it was in my 20s.... not that this is saying much lol
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

332107o.jpg

oktlx2.jpg
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options

Multiple people understood what I was saying. Just not you and the other girl. :flowerforyou:

What other people, man? There was one girl who said she can see where you are coming from and all of a sudden you are the driver of the band wagon? Okay dude. I'm not going to fight you on this. We both made our arguments, we will just leave the rest to the objective readers in this community.
  • trojan_bb
    Options
    okay dude! Thanks for not fighting me on this (after half a dozen posts trying to warp my words).

I'll just go back to creeping MFP, a 45 year old man masquerading as a twenty something...