Everyday is Leg Day!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've heard of a lot of people that work different parts of their legs everyday. The muscle group can handle it, and from what I've heard (although I don't claim to know as fact) is because its a massive muscle group, its great for releasing growth hormones to help with muscle growth throughout the body.

You are correct. The bigger the muscle group you're working, the larger the release of growth hormone. The quads are the biggest and most powerful muscle group in the body, so if you're skipping leg day you're actually missing out a lot of potential muscle growth when you work on every other body part as well.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I :heart: leg day!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIpzFVNlU1X8mvGauoK1p5SPLSRDCf-iJcp8W2mkHTGPEv5qx5
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    Everyday is leg day for me. I run Tues/Thurs/Sat/Sun and do StrongLifts Mon/Wed/Fri and I walk about 3-6 miles most days just commuting, working, etc.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    It's not my best body part, but I like leg day. So much so, that I actually split up doing quads and hamstrings so I can make sure I put in a really good focused effort on both. My quads aren't huge (24"), but at least I don't look like a light bulb.
    For me the best time to do legs...............Monday because it's national bench day and the power racks are usually clear.

This is hilarious.....because its TRUE. I started doing legs on mondays awhile back for that reason and one more.

Back then (it was around 1997) I did legs on Fridays or Saturdays and by the time those days rolled around I was already tired from doing Chest, Shoulders, & Arms, and Cardio and Football Practice etc. When I switched to Legs on Mondays I noticed an immediate improvement from being rested on Sat and/or Sun.

Fast forward to today and I like to try and train legs (if I can...if im not too broken) twice a week. Blasting them at least really really good (where I have trouble going up/down stairs) one of those 2 days.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't see THAT many old people in wheel chairs. Is that a thing? In hospitals I guess but most of the old people I see are walking around. Some slow, some not, and some fast. I've only run a couple of 5k's but each one had quite a few older people and none of them looked like they did leg day. Quite a few of them beat my time though and I do squats/deadlifts plus I'm 30 years younger. Oh well. So maybe leg day isn't the miracle cure all. Maybe exercise in general and watching your weight is the key. YMMV though.

I'm thinking the old people you see out and about are mostly limited to those that are still pretty mobile and independent. I think once you lose your mobility at those ages, you pretty much are house-bound or home-bound unless you have someone who can help you and is willing to make that effort. Unfortunately, I think those people are fewer and farther between than they should be.

I can tell you that at my grandparents' retirement home back in the 80's (not a nursing home), probably 40% of residents were using walkers or wheelchairs. Most of those people never went anywhere. They had groceries delivered and stayed in their own social groups. The only time my grandparents left the retirement home - both were mobile - was when we took them out.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIpzFVNlU1X8mvGauoK1p5SPLSRDCf-iJcp8W2mkHTGPEv5qx5
    The Hulk is angry that you don't consider him a superhero...so is Thor
    the_hulk_01_by_sheridandoose-d3al1k7.jpgMarvel-Select-Classic-Thor.jpg
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

To be fair the Hulk isnt natural. He doesnt even lift. Hes all juiced up on Gamma Rays.
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I get made fun of for it sometimes, but I work legs a ton too.

My routine is:

Leg Day
    Upper Body Day
    Either Ab Day or Full Body HIIT Day
    (Repeat and start with Legs again)

So I do full heavy legs every two days. And (mostly) body weight leg circuits as part of the full body day. But even on the non-leg days I might do walking lunges on full incline on the treadmill as part of my cardio on upper body day. And I might do jumping squats to amp up my ab days, to keep my heartrate up.

In short, legs are part of EVERY DAY. And it shows, these suckers are strong.
  • accelerashawn
    Options

To be fair the Hulk isnt natural. He doesnt even lift. Hes all juiced up on Gamma Rays.
    lol...touche'
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    What's leg day? I train the Squat & Deadlift and the last time I checked the legs aren't the only muscles involved in those lifts.
  • accelerashawn
    Options
    What's leg day? I train the Squat & Deadlift and the last time I checked the legs aren't the only muscles involved in those lifts.
    Squats, leg press, lunges, extensions/curls, abduction/adduction, butt-press, standing calves, seated calves. At least that's my current leg day.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    butt-press,

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • accelerashawn
    Options
    butt-press,

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    The first step on the instructions for the machine is: Be female...but I don't read instructions...
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

Duh! Hulk is a juicer, and Thor is a god!
  • accelerashawn
    Options

The Flash...what now?
    Flash_Rei.png
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

The Flash...what now?
    Flash_Rei.png

Pfft. DC Comics. Well that just means squat racks exist in the DC Universe. Obviously, squat racks were banned in the Marvel Universe, you know, cuz Magneto.
  • accelerashawn
    Options

The Flash...what now?

Pfft. DC Comics. Well that just means squat racks exist in the DC Universe. Obviously, squat racks were banned in the Marvel Universe, you know, cuz Magneto.
    Wolverine squats though...
    Wolverine--Marvel-vs-Capcom-3-psd48304.png
  • kishstl
    kishstl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread went sideways quickly.
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread went sideways quickly.

YUP. :laugh: