how did you discover this website?

Anidorie
Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
so im just wondering how most people found this website. i found it from parenting magazine! how did you?

Replies

• bka8
    bka8 Posts: 92
    Android market! Got the app first, but LOVE the site!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    I did an Herbalife Weightloss Challenge from June-Aug last year and she recommended we track everything on this site. I did well, feel of the wagon for a few months and have been doing great the last 5-6 weeks with the encouragement from some awesoem MFP buddies!
  • Found it in the android market...This is really helping me hold myself accountable...Great tool!
  • I had a youtube account and a friend was talking about MFP in one of her you tube vids, so I checked it out.
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    I did Slim Fast for a little while and someone on their networking site mentioned this site and I liked it a lot better!!!
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    I was actually just googling around, trying to find information on how tattoos fare after weight loss, and I stumbled across the site. I wasn't even 100% looking to start my weight loss journey, but this website inspired me to get right into changing my eating habits. It's been amazing.
  • an app on my ipod :)
  • I was planning on doing my diet alone and making a food journal. I googled something i ate to see how many calories it had and this was the third result. I looked through it to see what it was and it really motivated me!
    Tthis website and my determination will help me lose weight!
  • sashaverlene
    sashaverlene Posts: 123 Member
    My cousin recommended it to me... and I'm SO glad she did! :)
  • I heard about it through a friend, who heard about it through another friend, who heard about it through a co-worker.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I found it in the ap store on my iphone when i was looking for a calorie-counter on my phone.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    A trainer at my gym told me about it. A year ago, I was doing it on my own, logging my foods in a notebook and tracking cals myself. I tried to eat healthy and I was exercising regularly. I lost 15 pounds, then I plateaued. When I asked the trainer for suggestions, she plugged my stats into this site, and, lo and behold, I wasn't eating enough!

That week, I made my own profile and stuck to the MFP guidelines, and the weight started coming off again. I had other plateaus, but thanks to the info I learned from this site, I knew what to expect and what to do about it.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 581 Member
    I remember it was through Facebook, but I don't remember how.
  • Shel2Peru
    Shel2Peru Posts: 128 Member
    the Joy Fit Club had a new member and this site was mentioned that helped her lose the weight!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    I had the app on my iPod and never checked the site. Then finally I decided to make a big change and realized that I never checked the site. When I did, it was the best day ever! I've been hooked ever since!! I tell everyone about it. :bigsmile:
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    A student in my computer class told me about it! And I have been telling anyone who will listen! I LOVE IT!
  • my bff has an iphone 4 - she was telling me about an app on there that counts calories.
    so i searched HTC android market and found this.
    Glad I did :)
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    I found this site through my iPhone app. I used to use the LoseIt! app for iPhone but once I discovered MFP, I loved it sooo much better!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    I used to use another website called Fitday.com to log my food, calories, and exercise, but I did a search in Yahoo to find out what else was out there and found this website. I like it a lot better.

Shannon
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    A friend of mine on Facebook had her MFP account hooked with Facebook and I saw her statuses and asked her about it and I decided to check it out and I have been hooked on it ever since. I would have never gotten this far without MFP or the wonderful support from the fantastic people on here. I am almost halfway to my goal already!
This discussion has been closed.