Dear community

Options
Tonight I had a cheat day on the 24th

I ate about 1, 171 calories. My typical cheat days I haven't every consume much. This is the mu
Many calories I have eaten in a long time. What do you think? Will I gain 5 vs

Bls that I so very hard worked for to keep off come back by the end of this week, or will I be fine and I simply worrying to much?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You ate 1170 calories on a cheat day? I ate 1170 calories today... it was called breakfast and lunch. Dinner will see me up around 1800. I lose weight consistently.

Or are you saying you were 1171 over your goal? Even that won't make you gain. No one got overweight in a day.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to understand what you are saying but there are so many errors it is hard. Are you asking if you will gain 5 lbs because you had a cheat meal that was 1100 calories or your entire day was 1100 calories? My high days are usually around 2-2500 calories and I usually maintain my weight. I wouldn't stress over one high meal a week. If you are eating less than 1200 calories a day,you need to eat more!
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You will gain 5 pounds of pure fat, sorry hunny but that'll take 3 months to burn off.
    [/unquote]

Too funny super Tact. Great name for you btw.

3500 calories = a pound of fat. Any kind of fat.

1100 calories are at most around 1/3 a pound.
  • curlygirl513
    Options
    Too funny super Tact. Great name for you btw.

3500 calories = a pound of fat. Any kind of fat.

1100 calories are at most around 1/3 a pound.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    if 1200 calories is a cheat day, you're doing it wrong.
  • Leighsters
    Leighsters Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ummmmmmmmmmmm. Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaa.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Please seek help.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

ETA: I assumed that was the total calories for the day.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I ate about 1, 171 calories.

I crap more calories than that. Please tell me this is a writing malfunction or a joke.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Can you please clarify?
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    sounds legit.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Uhm, see a doctor. Considering 1200 calories a cheat day is a sign you have an ED.

Good luck.
  • curlygirl513
    Options

I ate about 1, 171 calories. My typical cheat days I haven't every consume much. This is the mu

Bls that I so very hard worked for to keep off come back by the end of this week, or will I be fine and I simply worrying to much?
    If you went over by 1100 calories, in which case you consume enough energy to gain 1/3 of a pound if you are eating over the amount of calories you expend each day, you might gain 1/3 of a pound.

If you ate 1100 or so calories in 1 day, in which case you aren't eating enough, because I get 1200 calories, and I'm 230 pounds, 50 years old, and I don't exercise, you aren't going to gain anything.

You don't need to worry. It is good to learn about how we gain and lose and maintain weight. I'm sure you can find the information on this site.

As I said to superTact, 3500 = 1 pound of fat.

If I eat 3500 calories in ADDITION TO the expended amount of energy per week, I can gain 1 pound a week.

If I EAT LESS THAN 3500 calories than I expend each week, I can lose pound each week.

You say about 1100 or so calories are involved and that will at most be 1/3 of a pound.

Not a big deal if you stick to your program most of the time.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary,
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options

Did you eat that much over your daily calorie limit or did you only eat 1,171 for the whole day? :huh: If you ate that much over your calories, just start over tomorrow. You wouldn't gain a pound from that, especially if you are careful the rest of the week.