Weight Gain/Muscle Mass via CLEAN eating

Options
2»

Replies

• charlieibeling
    charlieibeling Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat clean and gain weight get the idea of vegan out of your mind. Eat clean sources of protein and fat and they will do wonders for your cholesterol and overall blood panel. Eat cage free organic eggs, grass fed beef, nitrate free turkey/sausage/bacon and natural nut butters, Organic dairy and grass fed meat is more expensive but if you want healthy its worth it. Eat 6 cage free eggs and 8oz of grass fed beef a day with whey protein and you are on your way
  • paulbeeee
    paulbeeee Posts: 17
    Options
    If you want to eat clean and gain weight get the idea of vegan out of your mind. Eat clean sources of protein and fat and they will do wonders for your cholesterol and overall blood panel. Eat cage free organic eggs, grass fed beef, nitrate free turkey/sausage/bacon and natural nut butters, Organic dairy and grass fed meat is more expensive but if you want healthy its worth it. Eat 6 cage free eggs and 8oz of grass fed beef a day with whey protein and you are on your way

Thanks for your advice, will keep that in mind! I'm not necessarily making a change to vegan, I just like the food and the idea behind it all. I'm eating at least 2-3 organic eggs just about every day, with about 50g-75g of protein coming from shakes and the rest from food. I'm slowly changing my weekly groceries to include many more organic products, and taking note of what's in what I'm eating so sounds like I'm on the right path.

Thanks again!
  • paulbeeee
    Options

Reading it now! Thanks man!
  • ActiveYouth
    Options
    Hi there Paul, I can relate to you...I lost 2 stone over 2 years but quite rapidly - 1 month in 2011 1 stone, 2012 1 month, another stone (14lbs)

I am now too thin...I would love to gain 21 pounds I put on 7 lbs last week

My regime was 3 raw eggs and a bowl of oats ( no sugar or milk) for breakfast,

Lunch - salmon steak with salad topped with goats yoghurt.

Followed by 2 cups of water

Dinner - 1/2 avocado guacamole with salmon steak

Drinks - apple cider vinegar in warm water

Celery, cucumber, spinach, carrot juice

Snacks 3 raw eggs

I put the weight on in 5 days...

I am now getting fed up of salmon, so am baking 2 chicken breasts as I type this.

I am not vegan anymore as my muscles have atrophied my left arm after injury that is.

I eat every 4 hours and by the way, I am a woman!
  • paulbeeee
    Options
    Hi there Paul, I can relate to you...I lost 2 stone over 2 years but quite rapidly - 1 month in 2011 1 stone, 2012 1 month, another stone (14lbs)

I am now too thin...I would love to gain 21 pounds I put on 7 lbs last week

My regime was 3 raw eggs and a bowl of oats ( no sugar or milk) for breakfast,

Lunch - salmon steak with salad topped with goats yoghurt.

Followed by 2 cups of water

Dinner - 1/2 avocado guacamole with salmon steak

Drinks - apple cider vinegar in warm water

Celery, cucumber, spinach, carrot juice

Snacks 3 raw eggs

I put the weight on in 5 days...

I am now getting fed up of salmon, so am baking 2 chicken breasts as I type this.

I am not vegan anymore as my muscles have atrophied my left arm after injury that is.

I eat every 4 hours and by the way, I am a woman!

Wow! The fact that you put it on so rapidly, and ate relatively clean/healthy is great! Making a note of this meal plan. Are you working out as well?
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Buy in bulk; cook in bulk. Freeze individual meals and thaw out as needed. You'll save a ton of time and a ton of money.

If you don't have a crockpot, get one. A freezer chest is also a good idea (check Craigslist for cheap ones).