Anyone tried Leslie Sansone's Walk at home videos?

Options
2»

Replies

• tsnowden1881
    Options
    I love her videos they are great for beginners and I still get a good workout using them. They are perfect for working out if u live in an upstairs apt low impact I LOVE THEM
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I do her workouts when I can't go walking outside because of the weather. I recommend them because the exercises are much more rounded than a standard walk, you get to work on your hamstrings, upper body, and even the abs for a bit.

I started out doing her 3 mile workout which totally kicked my butt in the beginning, but my fitness level improved to the point that I wasn't getting as much of a "burn"; so now I immediately follow the 3-mile with the 1-mile workout, which has worked out great.

Definitely give them a try.
  • babylou96
    Options
    Her workouts are great especially if you add more weights and mix and match them .
  • Ivy_leaves
    Ivy_leaves Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have her 5 mile dvd. I've only done it twice, but I just got done burning 463 calories in 54 minutes of the video (I'm 5'5" and 147 pounds). I try a little harder than she suggests but it'd be too easy personally if I followed along exactly. I like it.
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've tried three of Leslie's DVDs and loved them all. It's a bit cheesy but it works in the best way possible. :) She talks to you the whole time and the sessions go by very quickly. I highly recommend them to anyone who wants a good workout in their home. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • kwitbellyakin
    Options
    I cannot do the full program. But it gets you up and moving. The stronger you get, the more encouraged you are, and with that better results. I like it. I also use a recumbent bike.
  • VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like doing the walking workouts while watching tv.
    Workout video on the laptop, tv on the big screen... time flies by!
  • willandjaye
    willandjaye Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I used Leslie Sanson's videos at the beginning of my fitness journey. I found the videos on YouTube and did them during my boys' naptime. It eased me into working out again. Sometimes I would pair a walking video with a FitnessBlender (also on YouTube) workout.
  • thatredheadedBAMF
    thatredheadedBAMF Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes! I first started off exercising with her "Walk Away the Pounds" series. I used a version that came with resistance bands and you would do some exercises with those too. It was great to do at home when I wasn't ready to join a gym (and have people look at me). I used to do those on weekdays then go on walks in my neighborhood during the weekends. I think I lost 10 pounds or so.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Geez! realized, after I posted OP was 3 years ago... old post is old
  • Tera_1984
    Tera_1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just bought her 5 Mile Fat Burning DVD so Im excited to see what 3,4, and 5 miles are like. The first dvd of hers I bought was the Start! Walking At Home DVD with the 1 and 2 mile walks, If I would of known about the 5 miles in 1 DVD, I would of just bought that one instead of the 1 & 2 Mile walk but oh well I guess, Im giving my 1 and 2 mile walk dvd to my best friend who is also trying to loose weight so at least it will go to good used and I didnt waste my money on it. I dont know how much I've lost doing her 1 and 2 mile walks but I do enjoy doing them.
  • GinNJuice75
    GinNJuice75 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I gotta say i have used her videos before and i am back to using them. I love them since i have a bad back its low impact yet a higher intensity work out then just walking. And i turn on the AC and go at it. lol I lost weight and inches before with her videos so look forward in positive results again. Building myself back up to the 5 mile walk but did her 4 mile boosted walk today!
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have a few of Leslie's walking videos and love them. I did them during the winter months when I didn't want to go out in the cold to the gym.
  • kerry472
    kerry472 Posts: 1
    Options
    I found Leslie Sansone on You Tube 29 days ago . I started with the 1 mile and now do 3-5 miles daily. I am 48 and severely out of shape and this had helped me tremendously. When I started I could barely do the 1 mile. I have not lost any weight yet, but have noticed a difference in my muscles and tone. Now watching my diet, hopefully the pounds will melt off :flowerforyou: