Gaining lean muscles.

Options
13»

Replies

• Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Unless you have the genetics to look (a bit) like Taylor Lautner, I wouldn't count on it.

eat: The every three hours thing has been proven unnecessary. Take a look at leangains.com. As far as the rest of it is concerned - whatever works for you, specifically. You won't know until you experiment.

I look like this

http://i58.tinypic.com/335e53a.jpg

But isent there something like. You have to eat carbs with protein, if not the body will turn the proteins into energy instead of using it to rebuild muscles?

Never heard that. It's probably nonsense.

Here's the deal. People have A LOT of advice to give. 98% of it is crap they made up/heard once from some guy/use to sell you stuff you don't need.

You want abs? Get to a low body fat percentage. Do that by eating at a calorie deficit. Lift weights, get plenty of protein. Drink water. Rest.

That's it.

Just because you haven't heard of something before doesn't make it BS.

The pairing of protein and fiber (carbs) makes you feel full for longer, that is why your trainer is suggesting it.

Outside of that pretty much what this guy says
    nvm
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Yes! Eating every three hours keeps your metabolism moving.

This is not true, your metabolism will keep "moving" regardless of your meal frequency...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Unless you have the genetics to look (a bit) like Taylor Lautner, I wouldn't count on it.

eat: The every three hours thing has been proven unnecessary. Take a look at leangains.com. As far as the rest of it is concerned - whatever works for you, specifically. You won't know until you experiment.

I look like this

http://i58.tinypic.com/335e53a.jpg

But isent there something like. You have to eat carbs with protein, if not the body will turn the proteins into energy instead of using it to rebuild muscles?

Not true at all. Neither is having to eat every three hours to keep your metabolism up.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OP: set yourself some realistic expectations re progress.

Taylor was a young puppy in the first pic - he had not stopped growing.

Also, when in their teens and early 20s, guys have loads of testosterone.

Combine that with being new to training - they can gain muscle relatively easily - and even gain it on a deficit (although not easily). However, another part is genetics (as well as your training and diet).
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Taylor Lautner got his body by feasting on human flesh by the light of the full moon. That is really the key to muscle building success.

Good luck.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Taylor Lautner got his body by feasting on human flesh by the light of the full moon. That is really the key to muscle building success.

Good luck.

And abstinence..... :glasses:
  • schmoovey
    schmoovey Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding . com might be a good place to start otherwise I wouldn't worry so much about eating so often if you want to gain muscle. If you want to gain, you need to eat more nutrient dense foods, lean proteins, and supplement. Oh and don't forget to work out HARD with the weights. Low reps, high resistance. You'll probably need to spend a few hours in the gym each day to accomplish your Taylor Lautner look anytime soon. Don't forget that he most likely has a personal trainer and schedule that allows him to train several hours a day. Do you have that sort of time and $$?