What's the earliest time in the morning to cut grass?

Options
arscott94
arscott94 Posts: 22 Member
How early is too early for my neighbors to hear the mower? Also, what how does dew affect grass cutting?

Replies

• CelticWanderer
    CelticWanderer Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    How early is too early? Ask yourself how early you'd want to hear a mower.
  • arscott94
    arscott94 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well it wouldn't bother me to hear one at 7 a.m. or so. But, I sleep through noise pretty easily.
  • Where_Is_Herb
    Where_Is_Herb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How early is too early? Ask yourself how early you'd want to hear a mower.
    Spot on. Don't be a knob.

10am sounds perfect.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Monday-Saturday 8am Sunday's-10am IMO
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    7 AM on weekday mornings and 8 AM on weekend mornings. It gets hot here early, so I don't have a problem with people mowing that early in the morning.
  • slr90
    slr90 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    9am...i'd be cranky if it woke me up on a day off work any earlier than that
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Monday-Saturday 8am Sunday's-10am IMO

You don't sleep in on Saturday? WHY?!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    9:00 on normal days
    8:00 on over 100 degree days
  • FlashMorehouse
    FlashMorehouse Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If you need headlights on your lawn mower it is too early. If you need to turn the headlights on your tractor it will probably be okay because if you have a place big enough for a riding lawn mower or tractor whenever you want should be okay.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm going with the 10AM crowd for weekends. Even though I'm up earlier than that I'm a little cranky till my two cups of coffee have kicked in and I've got my lounging out of the way.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    any time before 2 pm. (oh, wait, that's just me, but i work nights and get up at 2pm)
  • MichaelDByers
    Options
    It gets hot here, so I'd say 8am Monday through Saturday or 9am on Sunday. No later than 8pm on any day, though.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    how close is their house?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Acoustic or electric?
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    We have a noise ordinance, so the earliest you can mow in our county is 7 am. I think anything before 9 am is rude.
  • 1sgs
    1sgs Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    7 AM on weekday mornings and 8 AM on weekend mornings. It gets hot here early, so I don't have a problem with people mowing that early in the morning.

That is about my take on it. I live in a very quiet neighborhood along the river. On weekends it seems that everyone waits (within a couple of block area) for the "other guy" to start his mower first, then it's guns a blazon', everyone mowing. It is a win win because it is quiet most of the time, then when it is mowing time, all of the yards look great at the same time :)
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I try to wait till 830 on the weekends....
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    in neighborhoods where the houses are close together (like mine) I'm good with any time between 9 am and 9 pm.
  • losingdays
    losingdays Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My mama always taught me that calling people on the phone or visiting them at home isn't polite before 9am or after 9pm, I think reasonably the same could be applied to just about any situation :)