Poll: What do you do for BBQs?

Options
2»

Replies

• TrainSweatEatSleep
    TrainSweatEatSleep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    get marinated chimichurri steak skirts from publix, put em on whole wheat burger buns with tomatoes and lettuce.
    MmmMmmmMMmm eating good in the neighborhood!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,276 Member
    Options
    I always think it's kind of funny that so many people think grilling up some burgers or chicken or whatever and eating some potato salad is unhealthy....

When I go to a cookout or hosting, I eat burgers or chicken or whatever...and I eat the potato salad and baked beans, etc. When you can look at your diet as a whole you realize that these things can easily be a part of a healthy and well balanced diet...even chips.

100% agree.

Now that said, I often bring an option for myself depending on what is being served because I have food sensitivities. As in, I have a medical condition that can be made worse by specific foods and, if I eat said foods, I end up in pain. But otherwise I would just eat whatever is there and don't worry so much about it.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I bring a dish to pass -- huge amount -- so I'll have food I want to eat. Also bring a big bottle of water. Its amazing how many hosts forget that some of us prefer water. This summer I've been bringing large platters of green beans with red and yellow peppers and herbs to dress them up. No dressing on the beans. Just tiny French green beans, nicely blanched. They are so sweet all by themselves they need no salad dressing. Besides, salad dressings spoil their bright green color.
  • cindy326
    cindy326 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want and enjoy every bite and make sure I exercise that day.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    being a vegetarian who's allergic to wheat and doesn't eat sugar, you can bet i bring my own food. last barbecue i had smart dogs on gluten-free bread with mustard (yum!)