Woooooo! BOOTY!

Options
124»

Replies

• Gawanne
    Gawanne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ah, those were the days my friend......enjoy the moment and good for you OP.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    There are many things that make me feel a sexual, attractive person. Uninvited, public, boorish, objectifying comments are not one of them.

I will bow out of the thread now, glad that I supported other posters making the same point as me and wishing I hadn't detracted from the OP's success (which I think I have, unintentionally).
    Oh look, a prude with the sense of humour of a s*** sandwich. Your poor husband.

OP..this thread is useless without a picture. :bigsmile:

What's really interesting about her comment is that it's really a passive aggressive dig at women like the OP. She appears to be one of those feminists who use feminism to hurl veiled insults at other women.
  • Ackinney91
    Ackinney91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One can only be objectified if one allows oneself to be. Some of us don't go through our lives feeling sorry for ourselves because someone said something that could be construed as offensive. We have way too much going on in our own lives to be butthurt about something someone says. And some, like the awesome OP, takes great pride in such things, while you sit at home moping because someone said they liked something about you.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    <<<<< Has *never* objectified a man or his tight tight booty! :noway:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    And now back to reality. Were the guys in the car being boorish little twits, yes. On the scale of things I'm going to get worked up over however, yea this doesn't even make the scale. I can admire without making an @ss out of myself, and men are capable of doing the same. I've had similar things happen, I'll roll my eyes and ignore the stupidity, but I'm not going to pretend that such a tangible verification of male appreciation of my form is a demoralizing or degrading experience.

So OP :drinker: to you, and congrats on your success!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!!!
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Lololol you can't even scream WOOOOO BOOOTTYYYY! anymore without being labelled a molester apparently.
    I thought your story was hilarious XD
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I like big butts and I can not lie

Now you have that song stuck in my head.

~~~~~~~
    Congrats OP :drinker:
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'm all for 'mirin but calling out is rude.
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Exactly - I don't feel I was objectified, nor do I feel I was "verbally molested." Gaaaahhhh... I suppose it would have been more gentlemanly if they had pulled up along side me and said, "Excuse me, Maam. We just wanted to take a moment out of our day to compliment you on your back side. It's very pleasing to our eyes. We appreciate it."

I think that this spectacularly misses the point. I object to 1) the sexual objectification of a woman and 2) the celebration of that by you and others on this thread. It is not the language used. More polite language would not change the misogyny.

It does raise an interesting point. How do posters on MFP challenge misogyny without detracting from the achievements of those

celebrating a success?

Oops, so when I bumped into that shirtless gorgeous man resting on a bike at the top of the hill I was being a man hater when I said,

"Well you've cheered me up"

So when he chuckled and looked me up and down he was feeling, angry and hurt about being objectified? I got that one wrong....

It will be a sad day when people can't show their appreciation of the other sex now and again with a whistle or a comment.

I used to hate it when I was a teenager, because it embarrassed me, but then it stopped.

Now I'm 43 and damn grateful so bring it on.

OP I know exactly how you feel. You resign yourself to a life of wide assed mummy ness. It's a nice surprise to be seen as a sexual creature again. I hope people understand that.

Oh roll on the misandry doesn't exist comments as women have been oppressed by men for years. Aahh you got to be kidding with this ****. I would be walking with my head held high feeling good about this go you. Would love some comments like this to come my way. I don't get this feminist stuff where we are told we have been verbally molested, as if we all need saving. We don't know how to feel or behave. I am all for equality but come on.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!