The Gratitude Game

Options

Replies

• asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful for peace and quiet as it helps to keep me centered.
    I am grateful for our health care system, It's not as great as it once was, but is better then none at all.
    I am grateful for modern medicine.
    I am grateful for the many choices I get to make in life.
    I am grateful that I learn at least one new thing everyday. :flowerforyou:
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    I am grateful that we had a great vacation and that we arrived home safely
  • asia1967
    Options
    Today I am grateful for inner peace in the midst of chaos. :flowerforyou:
  • asia1967
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I have been physically able to exercise.
    I am also grateful for muscle relaxers. :wink:
    :flowerforyou:
  • loistryin
    loistryin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well, so much to be grateful for ABC Start with A....... animals, especially our three cats and one granddog......I have been walking my grand dog lately and together we feel better when we are done.....:happy:
  • asia1967
    Options
    Today I have grateful for clear blue skies and the hydro coming back on after a huge storm last night.
    I am grateful that I was able to purchase a new recumbent exercise bike on the weekend to help with my ROM in my knees.
    I am grateful for a husband who is rather handy around the house.
    I am grateful for the little independent grocery store up the street so I don't have to drive for 1/2 hr. to pick up something small at the larger chain store.
    I am really grateful that the neighbour put his fence back up and his dogs can do their business in his yard instead of ours. :wink:
    I am grateful that all my family and friends are healthy. :flowerforyou:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for my mental strength, my boyfriend and his unconditional love and support. I am grateful that I have acquired my own independence and for the choices and freedom I have.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for God healing me.
  • sherapop12
    sherapop12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for the innocent laughter my children bring me when I think I can't go on. My mom is dying, and without them, I don't know what I'd do.
  • Kr1sMar1e
    Kr1sMar1e Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for my daughter...

Buddha.jpg
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for the Gratitude Game. It is so great to get back into the practice of a daily list of what I'm grateful for. Pretty tired of the mental lists I've BEEN making: things to be worried about, ways I could have done things differently, dire predictions for the future. In the balance I have also been making these mental lists: places I want to visit, art projects to work on, reasons I love the summer. Today I'm grateful for: beautiful weather, my health, my son, my condo/home studio, my car, that I have work, my art groups.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    I am grateful for my daughter...

Buddha.jpg

Love your quote!
  • nevertoooldtodoit
    nevertoooldtodoit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for my 4 growing,unique, loving and lovable children. I am grateful for the reminder to live more mindfully of all the blessings in my life.
  • Terraforcejenny
    Terraforcejenny Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for my mom, and grateful that my biological mom found and chose her for me. I'm grateful for the chances that I've been given, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to prove myself and my worth.

I'm grateful for my partner's constant support as well. It makes the rocky waters easier to bear.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for God healing me.

^this one.
  • asia1967
    Options
    I am grateful for the innocent laughter my children bring me when I think I can't go on. My mom is dying, and without them, I don't know what I'd do.

Sorry to hear about your mother. Treasure the time she has left. Sending prayers your way!
  • asia1967
    Options
    Today I am very grateful that I have lost enough weight and gained a majority of my health back that I was able to walk around our local festival for 2.5 hrs. only stopping once to sit for a break. :tongue: when a short three years ago I was using a walker to get around and never could have walked that long or far in my wildest dreams. :embarassed:
    I am grateful for cool weather and no rain for the festival.
    I am grateful to have had enough money to buy some extra treats at the festival.
    I am grateful to have gone out of my comfort zone and talked to many new people today and felt good doing it. :flowerforyou:
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Ended up posting my gratitude, in the form of a poem from 1877, on facebook instead of here, so here it is. I was working in my studio last night and blown away by the beauty of the dappled colors I was working with. I experience the glorious presence of a mother/father energy in the universe. But the pronouns in this poem reflect the thinking of the time. Still so poignant.

Pied Beauty
    Gerard Manley Hopkins

Glory be to God for dappled things—
    For skies of couple-colour as a brinded cow;
    For rose-moles all in stipple upon trout that swim;
    Fresh-firecoal chestnut-falls; finches’ wings;
    Landscape plotted and pieced—fold, fallow, and plough;
    And áll trádes, their gear and tackle and trim.
    All things counter, original, spare, strange;
    Whatever is fickle, freckled (who knows how?)
    With swift, slow; sweet, sour; adazzle, dim;
    He fathers-forth whose beauty is past change: Praise Him.