Eat Stop Eat..how it's worked for me.

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    started at 4pm today. If i can make it to 20 hrs (noon tomorrow) Ill be happy.

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good :)
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    21hrs as of right now...About to get in the shower and then Ill see where I am at. I just worked out and I am starting to get hungry. I am glad that I made it to my 20hr goal though. :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is going to be a hard fast because I feel so distracted. Distraction usually leads me to mindless eating. But I'm going for 20 hours, stopping around 5:30. So I've 8 hours already, 3 of which I've been awake for. Got some stressful events coming up in the next two weeks, so I need this to work so I can figure out how to control my "stress eating". So I guess I'm posting here for accountability and so I don't throw in the towel. Now it's in writing, it's real. 12 hours to go...
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    You can do it lulabellewoowoo! Think of how much better you will feel when you finish because it was so tough this time. I'm going to start one tonight I think. Start time depends on if I eat before class or after, we'll see.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    You can do it lulabellewoowoo! Think of how much better you will feel when you finish because it was so tough this time. I'm going to start one tonight I think. Start time depends on if I eat before class or after, we'll see.
    Thanks, I did make it. Wasn't so bad. Hope your is successful as well.
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Oh good, I'm glad!! I didn't start one, I totally forgot honestly! I didn't get home till after 8:15 from class yesterday then ate dinner etc. Oh well, I'll try again for tonight maybe :wink:
  • wtbyerdocmd
    Options
    did a fast yesterday and helped me get through what would normally be a trigger to overeat - pizza. Brought kids to chuck e cheese and they got large cheese pizza and mormally would just "take a bite" which would lead to multiple bites, slices... but I was fasting and just said nope not eating today and had none!! Actually went 25 hours and then had nice dinner with hubby of salmon and roasted vegetables with 4 oz of wine. Fresh cherries for dessert and went to bed.
  • kargreen
    Options
    I am starting tonight at 7pm. I figure that gives me time to get home and get something to eat before fasting. I'm going to try to stick with something good.... yogurt and maybe making some eggs. I promised my hubby chicken and dumplings tomorrow. YIKES!!! Actually most food doesnt bother me unless you throw a pizza infront of my face....

I just got the Wii fitness so I can't wait to try it!
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    started again last night.

i agree that when fasting it really helps to keep from making bad eating decisions.

i'm also following the slow carb diet (4 hour body), and while it might be torturous to make a pan of brownies during the week and not be able to eat them, it's great because i won't touch them because they are forbidden during the week. normally, i would eat half the pan! now, on Saturday, whatever brownies are left are free game because i have no restrictions on Saturday :)
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Fast day 6PM tonight until 5PM tomorrow. If I don't eat at 5PM then I have to wait until 10PM... and that's too long for me.
    Specially I'm trying to become a vegetarian.. I'm getting hungry faster. Meat, it takes longer to digest.
  • wtbyerdocmd
    Options
    I have been doing this for several weeks now and do not feel I go overboard at all on other days. I have not seen any significant weight loss. I am starting to question the theory and wondering if I am screwing my metabolism up? I will give it a few more weeks but then it will be back to clean eating by tosca reno (which I follow when not fasting).
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    I have been doing this for several weeks now and do not feel I go overboard at all on other days. I have not seen any significant weight loss. I am starting to question the theory and wondering if I am screwing my metabolism up? I will give it a few more weeks but then it will be back to clean eating by tosca reno (which I follow when not fasting).

I'm just curious. How much more weight are you trying to lose?

BTW, you look great in your pics.
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Well that sound like what I do everyday pretty much ..... Just a habit I hate eating breakfast and by dinner Im not usually hungry at all .So most of the time I eat at about 6 pm .So that puts me at approx last munching at 11pm and nothing till 6 pm the next day . I find that if I eat breakfast ( cause everyone says you have to eat breakfast to lose weight) I totally binge out all day and Im starving all the time . Guess my body is just wired differently :smile:
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Starting ESE today at 1.
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Started my fast last night at about 8:30, will prolly only go until 7:30 tonight though. Good luck everyone!
  • evelazquez78
    evelazquez78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've had great results with ESE. I don't have "much" to lose and it's really helped me shed the last few stubborn pounds. I'll usually do 1-2 fasts per week and I stay at 1,200 calories on my eating days. On weeks that I have done 2 fasts, I'll usually lose 1.5-2 lbs. I think the key for me has also been to not go hog wild on eating days. I have also found that if I work out more than 3 days during a week where I fast, I don't really lose anything. I think my body starts to hold on to the weight. I have 10 more pounds to go until I reach my goal. I am hoping ESE continues to work its' magic for me!
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I've had great results with ESE. I don't have "much" to lose and it's really helped me shed the last few stubborn pounds. I'll usually do 1-2 fasts per week and I stay at 1,200 calories on my eating days. On weeks that I have done 2 fasts, I'll usually lose 1.5-2 lbs. I think the key for me has also been to not go hog wild on eating days. I have also found that if I work out more than 3 days during a week where I fast, I don't really lose anything. I think my body starts to hold on to the weight. I have 10 more pounds to go until I reach my goal. I am hoping ESE continues to work its' magic for me!

So completely just curious but have you tried not doing ESE and working out say 5-6 times a week? Like i said just purely wondering if you had tried that before and it didn't work for you and that is why you tried ESE. I seem to be having a problem getting into the routine of ESE.
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Made it! :laugh:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Made it! :laugh:
    Great job. Knew you could do it.