"Beyond Diet"...have you tried it? Looking for opinions

Options

Replies

• iluvhawaii50
    Options
    What got my attention was that it would help you manage your metabolism when you are over 50-60. Everybody has plans which turn out to be yo-yo diets, whether its points, calories, etc. for me. In most cases, I was not eating enough to get my metabolism revvd up because I was so worried about staying on a 1500 calorie diet which is what I was told to do when I should have been eating more. I thought the Beyond Diet was going to help with this but apparently what reviews are, not true. And when you are older, most people cannot do enough exercise to equalize or reduce calories in = calories out. Maintain, yes. Lose, no. I thought the 6 week body makeover was great. Lost 45 lbs but could not continue to lose on maintenance part.
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    ultimately this diet got me thinking but then when her promo video stated calories in - calories out does NOT equal weight loss, I just laughed. This basic formula is true if you want to lose weight but not necessarily so if you are a muscle freak who can easily consume 4000 calories a day in order to get more "ripped" because that basic in/out rule is the foundation of weight(fat) loss.. This in itself was the reason I opted not to follow the Beyond Diet. I instead opted to change what I eat and try to exercise more
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Face it. there is no miracle diet or diet pill. It's all about common sense. Most people diet and fail because of habit. Those habits include poor food choices and not enough exercise.
    If you really want to lose weight, it is a slow process because realistically you have to change your habits, your lifestyle. Calories in vs Calories out is still true to this day...you must burn more calories than you consume in order to lose weight. A friend of mine decided not to change his diet but rather increase his exercise. He didn't eat more, just exercised more and the pounds started to slowly come off. Once he started exercising more he also found his cravings were reduced and thus he stopped eating some of the poorer food choices. He lost 60lbs but it took a year. A year later he has gained only 10 lbs back. only because he is almost 60 now so exercise is harder.
    Bottom line the simplest way to weight lose is still calories in vs calories out...burn more than you consume...
  • jessroxyoursox
    jessroxyoursox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a member of the website. Personally I love the website! It makes choosing what food to eat and how much to eat way easy for you. And it helps you to figure out your metabolism type which I have found to work amazingly for my body. Yeah you can figure things out on your own by doing research and everything and honestly I am one to research the crap out of everything!! I've researched nutrition and the amount of information out there is honestly overwhelming, unless you like that sort of stuff like me. When it comes to someone that just wants to start to see a difference in their body but doesn't have the time to workout or even if you do this will make life with food SOOOOOOO much easier!! I believe if you have the money to invest do so! It takes the time spent researching and looking at so many different diets like paleo zone blah blah blah. Do it, it's worth it. You can actually pay for your profile and also Change the settings so you can calculate what your family should be eating according to their metabolism types so pay once and use it with as many ppl as you want.

It is not a miracle diet. BUT it makes life so much easier. I highly recommend this website to all my friends and anyone that wants to just get started already!

It's not as easy as calories in vs calories out. It's how you distribute the calories between your MACRONUTRIENTS proteins, carbs, and fats. Everybody is different every bodies body needs different amounts of each of those and this website helps you figure out exactly what Your body needs without having to do all the different calculations on your own. I am taking physiology, and am going to school for personal training and we are going over nutrition and figuring out our clients macronutrient profile. Trust me it is complex.
  • DiscoNinja75
    DiscoNinja75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Okay....she's not a certified nutritionist. Here are some information on the certifications she listed on her video which I deeply regret stumbling on because I was just dumbfounded.

Her certifications:
    1.C.H.E.K. is an institute "implementing the art and science performance and well being." Their institute offers the following certifications:
    a. C.H.E.K. Practitioner
    b. C.H.E.K. Exercise Coach
    c. C.H.E.K. Holistc Lifestyle Coach
    d. C.H.E.K. Performance Coach

2.NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) - she didnt't give a specific ceritification, but NASM specilizes in SPORTS medicine.

3.NSCA-CSCS - (CSCS) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialize

All her certifications specializes in MOVEMENTS, with the exception of her NASM certification which includes both sports and nutrition. Now you have to ask yourself, "why is someone who claims to hold certifications in SPORTS/EXERCISE saying that you don't need to count calories and you MUST MUST MUST EAT LOTS OF FOOD IN ORDER TO FINALLY SHED SOME POUNDS?" (Tip number 2: http://www.beyonddiet.com/l/th1-v1-st15-ofr1-c2?utm_expid=54222004-18&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ads_dco-us&gclid=CL_jnaHDlrYCFeZFMgodugYAeQ)

She's teaching against the rule that was taught to her and thats, Diets that emphasizes no exercises are fads; they are trying to sell you something; IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. The tactic she is using is to make you say, "OH!! I don't have to work out to lose weight." The information she gives on food are probably true but the fact that you can eat without exercising, or in other words as she hid it in the message "you don't have to count calories" is...bogus. The way she marketed herself is telling you that you don't have to do any work. She's offering you an easy way out. Now....admit to yourself...you like the easy way out don't you? Who doesn't like the easy say out?? Eating and no work?? In fact, as her number two rule states, "you must must must eat more to finally shed the pounds." It sure sounds good doesn't it. See how she emphasized "MUST EAT MORE?" Anyone who is serious enough to lose weight will have to WORK WORK WORK! I can guarantee that she didn't just eat her way out of those jeans - I mean....she's a certified SPORTS AND CONDITIONING coach; they desing workout programs to increase sports performance!!!! I bet she worked her *kitten* off in the gym to lose that weight she use to have.

Here are some tips I hope will be helpful to some.
    1. 1lb = 3,500 calories. Cut your calorie intake by 500 everyday and exercise, and you will lose 1lb in one week.

2. Carbs (good OR bad sugar), fat, protein are all good for you.
    Carbs provide 4 calories. It's your body's main source of energy for work.
    Protein provides 4 calories. It's what your body uses to restore itself (e.g. hair, fingerhails, muscles)
    Fat provides 9 calories. Are used for specific cell functions; as well as any long physical activity (e.g. walking, jogging, gardening, sitting (yes sitting), etc...)
    SATURATED FAT = bad because of it binds on to your body (vessels, arteries, veins, etc..) that's why people get clogs in their heart (among other reasons).
    TRANSFAT = worst than saturated fat
    MONOUNSATURATED FAT = good for you (one of the reasons some olive oils are good for you)

3. Calories = energy. It's a unit of energy. You NEED CALORIES TO FUNCTION.

4. Don't go in the gym and walk or jog at 5 miles per hour for one hour. Once your body adapts to that work out, it will burn less calories. Many people waste countless hours jogging and walking in the gym.
    Look up circuit training or high intensity training
    Do this equation: (220-age) x .65. This is heart rate beats per minute. Keep your heart rate at this number or above (consult a doctor before starting this or any work out program because if you are sedentary or have a medical condition, working out will cause you harm and maybe even death).

5. Some physical acitivity is better than none.

6. It's okay to eat "JUNK FOOD." Don't deprive yourself of a burger, cake, ice cream, etc..the problem with deprivation is you're going to crave it so much that when you do eat it, you will most likely binge.

7. Have a balance diet. Eat nutrition dense food and don't deprive yourself of any of these food. Deprivation in a certain a nutrition leads to problems. You can look up the nutiriton info yourself.

8. Fasting/food reduction/starvation leads to binge eat. That's why you may hear some people say that it's actually bad to eat small meals. You just have to be smart about it and not constantly be starving. When you're starving, not only will you be consuming a lot of calories then but you will expand your stomach. Constant expandion of your stomach means you will require more food to become full. MORE MORE MORE food = MORE MORE MORE calories. Remember, 3,500 CALORIES = 1lb.

9. Healthy weight lost is 1 to 3 pounds per week. FACT: losing a signifcant amount of weight, say...40 lb in a month is not good for your health and you are very likely to gain that weightback very quick.

10. Try to always stay positive, plan, and work. Nothing is free.

The rules I follow: have a balance diet, reduce calorie intake, and be physically active (exercise). I'm 5' 5", weight about 148lb and take in about 3,000 calories a day. I do high intensity training 3 hours a day, 6 days a week, and have a yoga class twice a week. I squat 290, bench 250, latpull down 190lb, barbell row 290 lb, barbell shrug 300lb, heal raise 476lb, and I can jump on a 5 feet tall box. I eat a lot but I'm very active. I understand some people may not have the leisure time like I do to work out but all you really need is 30 minutes a day and dumbbells. You don't need a gym membership so don't be discouraged by the fact that you may not have the time or money for a gym memership.

I hope these tips are helpful to some and that I don't get bashed by anyone. Have a good day.

check these linksout:
    choosemyplate.gov
    http://www.calculator.net/weight-loss-calculator.html
    http://www.nutrition.gov/
    http://whfoods.org/nutrientstoc.php

***I'm not a nutritionist or have a degree or certification in any health field (yet), or affiliated with any organization. I'm just a health student taught by high caliber professors and all these information are some of the things I've learned. Always proceed with caution when beginning a health or workout plan and consult a professional, especially if you are not very active / sedentary, or currently have or have had any health / medical issues.

She does highly encourage exercise!!! But what do I know? I've only lost over 30 lbs and counting by following her advice. I don't sell for her, either. I just stumbled upon her plan a few years ago. When I stopped following her advice and cut back my calories, I actually gained (my family was going through tough times and had to eat mac 'n' cheese a lot, etc.). Eventually I learned where to go to get affordable whole food, so now I have no excuses. I never paid for the BD program, I just follow the free advice on her site and get her free emails. If I want more support and full access to the site, I will gladly pay the ONE TIME, LIFETIME FEE. Everyone that I know who has cut out processed food, began only eating whole food, and yes - stopped counting calories (gasp!!) has not just dropped weight successfully, but they have created a lifestyle that they (myself included) want to continue for the rest of their lives. Plus, they have KEPT the weight off, because they are in the habit of practicing awesome NUTRITION. Calorie counting does not teach you how to eat healthfully. You will stop counting after reaching your goal and then gain again. If you eat whole food, this is not going to be an issue. By the way, just because YOUR nutrition class teaches something doesn't make it correct. My husband took a college nutrition class that teaches that GMOs are good for the world. I disagree with that, too! In my opinion, worrying about restricting calories sets people up for an eating disorder! That said, I believe that each person should do what works for THEM, as long as it is not dangerous, doesn't stress them out, and they can stick to it. I'll bet you're paying for your college, but everyone says that the correct info is free. So why are you paying to learn it? If someone paid for a gym membership, a personal trainer, and a nutritionist, would anyone here tell them that it's a waste of money? NO! But I'll tell ya, those cost far more than a one time fee of $47. I'm tired of the way the fitness and nutrition world has become. Everyone is suddenly an expert, and everything is a scam if it goes against the norm, even when it is common sense advice! Beyond Diet is about wellness, period. Not just about getting skinny quickly. Unlearn, people!!!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I just looked it up and found this on youtube.. its not so much the vid,, its the comments made after it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxvU578wM5g

The comments on youtube give fair warning that this is a scam.
  • Cosian
    Cosian Posts: 2
    Options
    The general concept behind the diet is identifying your metabolism type and then combining foods belonging to the protein, carb, or fat group into meals and snacks. The concept and power of food combination is part of a number of successful diets. Fat Loss 4 Idiots is similar in concept as well. I don't think there is a question on whether or not they work. Follow the plan it and it certainly will work and work well. I have been a member of Beyond Diet for quite some time and I really like it. The website has a ton of info and some nice tools to help you track things. For me it was well worth the money to have so much information in one place. And further, the science behind the program and the nutritional direction advocated make a bunch of sense to me based on a substantial amount of self research as well.

If people have issues with Beyond Diet it usually manifests itself in two areas:

1. The program advocates healthy eating and if you want to be a perfect angel and get a gold star you will eat all organics, get rid of bad oils like vegetable and canola, cut out sugar completely , substantially reduce caffeine intake, etc.... For many its just not realistic. But here is the thing, if you actually take the time to read all the information you find there is a clear recognition that few of us are going to be perfect and that's OK! If you can't afford organics or don't have access to them, no problem! You are still going to get an incredible benefit having that nicely prepared chicken breast instead of a huge bowl of pasta Alfredo with extra butter .... even if the chicken is not organic. Anyway, if you follow the basic precepts of the diet eating the right amount of proteins, carbs, and fats 5 times per day you are going to be successful. So don't get too caught up with a necessity to do and use everything you find on the web site.

2. The other issue is the sheer volume of data and the fact you are constantly being presented with 'new' stuff to look at and try. As I said, its a marketing machine and this can be frustrating for those that feel they have to click and buy every possible thing that is presented on the site or in a marketing email you receive. The reality is you don't have to :) In fact, as someone else said, they did not even by the basic program for $47 and simply got the information they needed on the site. Just stay focused on the basics and you'll do great. And then if you want to take it to the next level, dig in deeper. :)
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Just found this, so thought I'd put in my 2-cents worth... I just joined myfitnesspal as a kind of test to see if what I'm eating on Beyond Diet is really as many calories as they say it is. It's only been a week, but my findings so far are that weightloss is NOT just calories in vs. calories out! I've been on Beyond Diet for 6 1/2 months and have lost 37 pounds on the program eating about 2000 calories a day. I'm going to keep up the double logging for a while just to see if my findings continue to agree.... but I am very happy with the Beyond Diet program where I don't count calories, do moderate exercise and get to eat food that tastes good and fills me up. The only thing I've really "given up" is sugar, hydrogenated fats, and soy. And I don't eat processed or packaged foods - you have to plan and cook real foods. It IS a way of life, not a diet and is not super-fast weightloss. I love it!

37 lbs in 6.5 weeks works out to be about 5.7 lbs per week of weight lost. At first, it may just be the shock to your body or the durastic change in diet/lifetsyle.

Safe and the most successful weight lost happens at around 2lbs/week lost . . . so I would say this is fast, rapid loss but congrats on the loss!
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Okay....she's not a certified nutritionist. Here are some information on the certifications she listed on her video which I deeply regret stumbling on because I was just dumbfounded.

Her certifications:
    1.C.H.E.K. is an institute "implementing the art and science performance and well being." Their institute offers the following certifications:
    a. C.H.E.K. Practitioner
    b. C.H.E.K. Exercise Coach
    c. C.H.E.K. Holistc Lifestyle Coach
    d. C.H.E.K. Performance Coach

2.NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) - she didnt't give a specific ceritification, but NASM specilizes in SPORTS medicine.

3.NSCA-CSCS - (CSCS) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialize

All her certifications specializes in MOVEMENTS, with the exception of her NASM certification which includes both sports and nutrition. Now you have to ask yourself, "why is someone who claims to hold certifications in SPORTS/EXERCISE saying that you don't need to count calories and you MUST MUST MUST EAT LOTS OF FOOD IN ORDER TO FINALLY SHED SOME POUNDS?" (Tip number 2: http://www.beyonddiet.com/l/th1-v1-st15-ofr1-c2?utm_expid=54222004-18&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ads_dco-us&gclid=CL_jnaHDlrYCFeZFMgodugYAeQ)

She's teaching against the rule that was taught to her and thats, Diets that emphasizes no exercises are fads; they are trying to sell you something; IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. The tactic she is using is to make you say, "OH!! I don't have to work out to lose weight." The information she gives on food are probably true but the fact that you can eat without exercising, or in other words as she hid it in the message "you don't have to count calories" is...bogus. The way she marketed herself is telling you that you don't have to do any work. She's offering you an easy way out. Now....admit to yourself...you like the easy way out don't you? Who doesn't like the easy say out?? Eating and no work?? In fact, as her number two rule states, "you must must must eat more to finally shed the pounds." It sure sounds good doesn't it. See how she emphasized "MUST EAT MORE?" Anyone who is serious enough to lose weight will have to WORK WORK WORK! I can guarantee that she didn't just eat her way out of those jeans - I mean....she's a certified SPORTS AND CONDITIONING coach; they desing workout programs to increase sports performance!!!! I bet she worked her *kitten* off in the gym to lose that weight she use to have.

Here are some tips I hope will be helpful to some.
    1. 1lb = 3,500 calories. Cut your calorie intake by 500 everyday and exercise, and you will lose 1lb in one week.

2. Carbs (good OR bad sugar), fat, protein are all good for you.
    Carbs provide 4 calories. It's your body's main source of energy for work.
    Protein provides 4 calories. It's what your body uses to restore itself (e.g. hair, fingerhails, muscles)
    Fat provides 9 calories. Are used for specific cell functions; as well as any long physical activity (e.g. walking, jogging, gardening, sitting (yes sitting), etc...)
    SATURATED FAT = bad because of it binds on to your body (vessels, arteries, veins, etc..) that's why people get clogs in their heart (among other reasons).
    TRANSFAT = worst than saturated fat
    MONOUNSATURATED FAT = good for you (one of the reasons some olive oils are good for you)

3. Calories = energy. It's a unit of energy. You NEED CALORIES TO FUNCTION.

4. Don't go in the gym and walk or jog at 5 miles per hour for one hour. Once your body adapts to that work out, it will burn less calories. Many people waste countless hours jogging and walking in the gym.
    Look up circuit training or high intensity training
    Do this equation: (220-age) x .65. This is heart rate beats per minute. Keep your heart rate at this number or above (consult a doctor before starting this or any work out program because if you are sedentary or have a medical condition, working out will cause you harm and maybe even death).

5. Some physical acitivity is better than none.

6. It's okay to eat "JUNK FOOD." Don't deprive yourself of a burger, cake, ice cream, etc..the problem with deprivation is you're going to crave it so much that when you do eat it, you will most likely binge.

7. Have a balance diet. Eat nutrition dense food and don't deprive yourself of any of these food. Deprivation in a certain a nutrition leads to problems. You can look up the nutiriton info yourself.

8. Fasting/food reduction/starvation leads to binge eat. That's why you may hear some people say that it's actually bad to eat small meals. You just have to be smart about it and not constantly be starving. When you're starving, not only will you be consuming a lot of calories then but you will expand your stomach. Constant expandion of your stomach means you will require more food to become full. MORE MORE MORE food = MORE MORE MORE calories. Remember, 3,500 CALORIES = 1lb.

9. Healthy weight lost is 1 to 3 pounds per week. FACT: losing a signifcant amount of weight, say...40 lb in a month is not good for your health and you are very likely to gain that weightback very quick.

10. Try to always stay positive, plan, and work. Nothing is free.

The rules I follow: have a balance diet, reduce calorie intake, and be physically active (exercise). I'm 5' 5", weight about 148lb and take in about 3,000 calories a day. I do high intensity training 3 hours a day, 6 days a week, and have a yoga class twice a week. I squat 290, bench 250, latpull down 190lb, barbell row 290 lb, barbell shrug 300lb, heal raise 476lb, and I can jump on a 5 feet tall box. I eat a lot but I'm very active. I understand some people may not have the leisure time like I do to work out but all you really need is 30 minutes a day and dumbbells. You don't need a gym membership so don't be discouraged by the fact that you may not have the time or money for a gym memership.

I hope these tips are helpful to some and that I don't get bashed by anyone. Have a good day.

check these linksout:
    choosemyplate.gov
    http://www.calculator.net/weight-loss-calculator.html
    http://www.nutrition.gov/
    http://whfoods.org/nutrientstoc.php

***I'm not a nutritionist or have a degree or certification in any health field (yet), or affiliated with any organization. I'm just a health student taught by high caliber professors and all these information are some of the things I've learned. Always proceed with caution when beginning a health or workout plan and consult a professional, especially if you are not very active / sedentary, or currently have or have had any health / medical issues.

She does highly encourage exercise!!! But what do I know? I've only lost over 30 lbs and counting by following her advice. I don't sell for her, either. I just stumbled upon her plan a few years ago. When I stopped following her advice and cut back my calories, I actually gained (my family was going through tough times and had to eat mac 'n' cheese a lot, etc.). Eventually I learned where to go to get affordable whole food, so now I have no excuses. I never paid for the BD program, I just follow the free advice on her site and get her free emails. If I want more support and full access to the site, I will gladly pay the ONE TIME, LIFETIME FEE. Everyone that I know who has cut out processed food, began only eating whole food, and yes - stopped counting calories (gasp!!) has not just dropped weight successfully, but they have created a lifestyle that they (myself included) want to continue for the rest of their lives. Plus, they have KEPT the weight off, because they are in the habit of practicing awesome NUTRITION. Calorie counting does not teach you how to eat healthfully. You will stop counting after reaching your goal and then gain again. If you eat whole food, this is not going to be an issue. By the way, just because YOUR nutrition class teaches something doesn't make it correct. My husband took a college nutrition class that teaches that GMOs are good for the world. I disagree with that, too! In my opinion, worrying about restricting calories sets people up for an eating disorder! That said, I believe that each person should do what works for THEM, as long as it is not dangerous, doesn't stress them out, and they can stick to it. I'll bet you're paying for your college, but everyone says that the correct info is free. So why are you paying to learn it? If someone paid for a gym membership, a personal trainer, and a nutritionist, would anyone here tell them that it's a waste of money? NO! But I'll tell ya, those cost far more than a one time fee of $47. I'm tired of the way the fitness and nutrition world has become. Everyone is suddenly an expert, and everything is a scam if it goes against the norm, even when it is common sense advice! Beyond Diet is about wellness, period. Not just about getting skinny quickly. Unlearn, people!!!

One point about your argument . . . and I am not saying your experience is invalid, but whole foods because they are more unprocessed than others tend to have less calories in them - by processing foods, we add calories. Therefore, even if you aren't counting the calories you are still burning more than you consume (which means calories in < calories out) and therefore you're losing weight - it does still come down to calories.

Also, I pay for a gym membership but my training and my nutrition come from my own research so it's not like everyone pays for all of that stuff . . . some of us put the time in to research and educate on what our bodies need rather than listening to someone tell us what we need because as they say "Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day . . . teach a man to fish, and he'll eat for a lifetime"
  • leffed
    leffed Posts: 2
    Options
    Anybody have any current news on Beyond Diet?
    I paid some fee to join and get a book or two.. I received nothing.
    I emailed Isabell ,the woman who is behind it .Though, I have not heard anything .

Any news? Anyone else with this problem?.

Thank you
    Debra Leffe
  • Cosian
    Cosian Posts: 2
    Options
    Anybody have any current news on Beyond Diet?
    I paid some fee to join and get a book or two.. I received nothing.
    I emailed Isabell ,the woman who is behind it .Though, I have not heard anything .

Any news? Anyone else with this problem?.

Thank you
    Debra Leffe

It is active and I do not have any issues getting at the things I purchased. Virtually everything comes through the web site and you need to login there as a member. Once logged in, the information/books/guides you purchased are accessible by clicking on your Library link in the upper right.

http://www.beyonddiet.com/Members
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Could someone who forked over the money please please please divulge the "5 goods we should never eat" for belly fat?

My curiosity is killing me!

ETA - I finally found it buried in this thread. A juice I don't drink, I don't eat whole wheat bread, I always use real butter, I HATE soy products and I don't use artificial sweeteners or drink diet cola or other fat free crap. My hips say otherwise, but unlike Shakira, mine lie.
  • Delerna
    Delerna Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The 5 foods are identified in her promo video although it's easy to miss
    The 5 foods have also been identified several times in this thread

However to save you searching through it

1) Fruit Juices... because they contain high levels of sugar that will cause a spike in your blood sugar. This spike will cause your body to release insulin (possibly more than what is needed) and the insulin will store the sugar away as fat.

2) Artificial Sweeteners....these are seen as toxins by your body and can overwhelm your liver so that it spends all it's time getting rid of the toxins instead of burning fat

3) Whole wheat bread...wheat products quickly turn into sugar in your body, again causing spikes in your blood sugar and release of insulin which stores the sugar away as fat

4) Fake butters....made from unnatural unhealty ingredients that are seen as toxins in your body that overwhelms your liver again. Homogenization in particular is pointed at as the culprit

5) Soy products.....have been found to have detrimental effects on your thyroid. The thyroid plays a critical part on your metabolism
  • Delerna
    Options
    To all those who keep saying that beyond diet does not agree that weight loss relies on consuming less calories than you burn. You are wrong. What beyond diet does say is that counting calories is not the best approach to loosing weight. Beyond diet presents Controlling your blood sugar levels so that they stay in the fat burning range all day as a far better approach

If your blood sugar levels fall too low then you will be hungry
    If your blood sugar levels are too high then your body will release insulin which stores the sugar away as fat
    Maintain your blood sugar levels between those and your body will be in the fat burning zone

The way to keep your blood sugar levels in the fat burning zone is
    Eat less but more often. 5 meals a day is practical. More is burdensome
    Avoid foods that cause spikes in blood sugar

Everything else is about eating healthy and minimizing foods seen by the body as toxins that cause your liver to spend more time detoxifying and less time burning fat.

There is far more to it however than these few simple statements.
    And again, I have said this many times in this thread. All of what I just said is freely available everywhere on the internet.........if you can navigate your way through all the junk information that is also freely available everywhere on the internet then more power to you. For me however, I have found a site with reliable information that I have come to trust over the 7 months that I have been a member.

Yes, one of that sites goals is to make money. I don't understand what is wrong with that. If you don't want to pay for the information or prefer to research and validate the info foe your self then don't join. If you don't mind paying 48 dollars for good reliable information all in one place then Beyond Diet is one site that has that. I paid 48 dollars for basic membership and I have also paid for a yoga course. But that's it. I don't buy any of the other stuff and I do fine. I also unsubscribed from the emails others here have mentioned and I don't get them anymore
  • Delerna
    Options
    One final comment before someone accuses me of demonising wheat again
    The past few months I have been experimenting with my body in order to prove to my self what I have been learning at beyond diet.
    I have lost enough weight that I felt comfortable trying some things out

I have spent 2 of the past 3 months seeing if I could follow my new way of eating without having to think about it.
    At the end I found that I had maintained my weight quite easily.

I have spent the past month eating pretty much the same way as the previous 2 months but replacing some of the carbs with bread.
    Lo and behold I have gained 3 kilo's
    Well that's proof enough for me that bread causes sugar spikes, insulin production and turns your body into a fat storing machine.
    Disagree with me if you like but as of now I am back off the bread
  • PortiaNYC
    PortiaNYC Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I encourage anyone who comes across this thread to Google reviews for Beyond Diet, which are, by and large, atrocious. WEB MD labels it "dangerous" and the Amazon reviews, while limited, point to outright fraud. The other reviews suggest that, at best, this is a poorly-run, multi-level marketing scheme. Ripoff Report has complaints listed that should give anyone pause.

Center for Science in the Public Interest warns against it here: http://www.cspinet.org/nah/articles/sketchy-claims.html

It's not just an issue, IMO, of whether the information is sound or not - it's an issue of the integrity of the company and its claims. It's also an issue of disclosure and transparency. How many of the posters who wrote "in support" of BD have disclosed their financial interest in the company? Or provided any hard data? Or linked to a study or independent review of BD?

Not a one.

IF you want to follow a commercial plan, follow one that releases audited financials and verified results. Otherwise, caveat emptor.

And yes, I'm an attorney. How'd you guess? :)
  • rlongmire
    rlongmire Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What did you eat the first couple weeks on Beyond Diet @lizziebeth0890? I'm super bad at meal planning! Any help here would be great please friend me! I need to detox from all this processed food.
  • yazclo
    yazclo Posts: 2
    Options
    What are the 5 foods not to eat?
  • yazclo
    yazclo Posts: 2
    Options
    Are the foods: sugar, margarine, soy, diet foods, and frozen foods
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 40lbs for FREE. Stick to a calorie deficit and you'll lose weight without paying for any gimmicky program.