My wife thinks I am crazy. What do you think?

Options
kt2007
kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
So I have been working on becoming somewhat of a Triathlete. Been working on it since last season and finally completed my 1st Tri this season and will be competing in 2 more this season. So what I am getting at is I am a 38 year-old, Military, Male. I have asked my wife if it was ok if I was to shave my legs for cycling and swimming. I do keep a shaved head and face at most all times already. I already know it only helps like by seconds but wanted to do it. She thinks I am off my rocker for even asking this. So let me get some outside input on this of what you all seem to think of it. So let it begin.

Replies

• kt2007
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If it makes you more comfortable while you're competing (i'm thinking spandex biking shorts), go for it.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    You seem like a pretty progressive guy, would you do that?

original_zps90fa8893.jpg
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you want, everyone should have control over their own body. If you want to shave, do it. Who cares?
  • slr90
    slr90 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If you want to do it you should, its your body and if it makes you feel like it could better your performance then whats the harm. If you don't like it it will soon grow back :p
  • blupanda12
    blupanda12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When I swam competitively in college, everyone grew their hair out during the season and shaved for the final matches. It was a mental boost more than anything, since none of us were professional-quality, but it worked :happy:
  • jenniferhanisch5
    jenniferhanisch5 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it for the gains, but anything a fellow triathlete wants to do to feel better :) what distance tris have you been doing? What are your goals?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Not crazy at all. Go for it. A lot of cyclists and swimmers shave their legs.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't see why not. But if you're gonna do it you ought to go all the way and shave it ALL, if you get my drift :wink:
  • lokepa
    lokepa Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Go big or go home!

giphy.gif
  • kt2007
    Options
    I did a Sprint last month and have 2 more sprints this season. Want to work up to a Half IM for next season is my goal. 1hr 46min and 8sec and that was on a Giant Mountain Bike. I have now started a new running plan with more stairs and hill repeats and also have sold the MB and got a new Giant Defy road bike. Also have started with swim cap.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

^^^ Rule 33

And if you have to ask random punters on a website for an answer then...

Rule 5.

Rule 5 is the answer to everything.
  • kt2007
    Options
    http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

^^^ Rule 33

And if you have to ask random punters on a website for an answer then...

Rule 5.

Rule 5 is the answer to everything.

I have never seen this and thank you. This is a true break it down to all.
  • CagedBirdSings
    CagedBirdSings Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    As long as your wife isn't turned off by it, then do what's right for you (assuming you don't want to turn your wife off). I'm not the athletic type but I guess I would expect someone who is competing to shave if it helps with time or comfort. So no, I don't think you're crazy.
  • kt2007
    Options
    Thanks all of you. Just wanted to see what other thought and see if I got bashed for being a guy and shaving. Special thanks to msf74 for the post and show me the right way.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Thanks all of you. Just wanted to see what other thought and see if I got bashed for being a guy and shaving. Special thanks to msf74 for the post and show me the right way.

All joking aside, you do what you need to do to compete, that which makes you happy, and what makes your wife happy. Nothing else matters.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Go big or go home!

giphy.gif

Love this!

But in all seriousness, why not? It certainly doesn't make you less of a man or something like that. Do what you gotta do! (& good luck training!)
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    Go big or go home!

giphy.gif

OMG this made me lol!!! Thanks I needed that tonight. ;)
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I golf. Many male golfers have shaved legs. I would guess 20%. I have wondered about this. There is no points gained for speed golfing.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Go big or go home!

giphy.gif
    She's being awfully rough...all I can think watching this is goosebumps and bleeding. Ouch!