Weight loss help emergency!!

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    you could do a juice fast or juice feast but most people tend to gain weight when they're done with it (more than they had to start with) because they just gorge themselves. There is also water fasting but its EXTREME and you really need a doctor's supervision for it.
    My best advice is to shoot for 2 pounds a week and accept that you should have started sooner. You could also wear a corset under your dress, might not sound flattering but it makes you really skinny looking.

This also goes against MFP rules.
  • keldenfar
    keldenfar Posts: 13
    Options
    hey, fatcity.....i get it! got work out or something!

Attacking/insulting someone is also not allowed here. I highly suggest you read the Community Guidelines.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

i'm the one being attacked!! for making a mistake, i'm the one being harassed! i highly suggest you back off!

Are you mad?

hmmm, am i mad? a little upset, yes, but mad...nah
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Oh boy :laugh:
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry but it's not spam! it's real with real results! just here trying to help!

Says the spammer who has been here since Dec 2011 and whose ticker reads 0lbs lost 60lbs to go.

Wow! I want real results like that! NOT!!

you know what lady, maybe just maybe i didn't log my weight loss on mfp. ever think of that??

Hmm. Doesn't use MFP, post history is either advertisements or in defense of advertisements, profile picture is also an advertisement....
    But totally NOT trying to sell anything.

Yeah. Okay.

this better. is this profile pic make you happy! my son is autistic. oh wait...is that advertising autism in some way?

LOL Now I am becoming amused. Carry on with the crazy.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry but it's not spam! it's real with real results! just here trying to help!

Says the spammer who has been here since Dec 2011 and whose ticker reads 0lbs lost 60lbs to go.

you know what lady, maybe just maybe i didn't log my weight loss on mfp. ever think of that??

Hmm. Doesn't use MFP, post history is either advertisements or in defense of advertisements, profile picture is also an advertisement....

Yeah. Okay.

this better. is this profile pic make you happy! my son is autistic. oh wait...is that advertising autism in some way?

Look. No one is attacking you. You posted advertising a product, which is not only against the rules but is frankly one of the most annoying parts of these boards. You aren't an isolated incident, you're a part of an ongoing issue on the boards which pisses people off. When you were told that what you were doing was wrong, you didn't delete your post or apologise, you tried to justify and then got uppity. You're still uppity. There are very very good reasons why you can't advertise your product, you aren't special, neither is your product. Accept it and move on.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

Yeah. Okay.

Dude, are you serious? Does promoting autism awareness advertise the selling of a line of weight loss products? Come on. It's common sense.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Any way we can ignore the guy trying to derail the thread?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

Yeah. Okay.

Trying to compare Autism and weight loss gimmicks….. No, just no.
  • keldenfar
    Options

Attacking/insulting someone is also not allowed here. I highly suggest you read the Community Guidelines.

i'm the one being attacked!! for making a mistake, i'm the one being harassed! i highly suggest you back off!

Going to assume you still did not read the rules. Let me help you out a little. Even if you feel "attacked", it is your responsibility to report it if you feel the need. Even if you actually are (which you aren't), you are still not to "retaliate".

Again. Read the rules. It's usually the thing you are supposed to do when you participate in something.

Wow
  • mandikerr
    mandikerr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Any way we can ignore the guy trying to derail the thread?

Yes please. Report the abusers/spammers, and get back to the actual topic at hand? I think everyone has made their points.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand how this is an emergency?
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

You're not actually being attacked. Someone pointed out to you that your post violates the rules. Most people would reply with "Ooops, I didn't realize that. I'm sorry." But you fought back. And you continue to fight back. Nobody has attacked you at all, just reminded you of the rules. Maybe it's time to listen.
  • ejcg4mine
    ejcg4mine Posts: 10
    Options
    Try optifast 800. You will have to drink four shakes a day and that's it. It does work. You will more than likely lose around 4lbs a week.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to be 150 at this particular event? Is there going to be a weigh-in? Of course not. Nobody but you will know your exact weight. Eat well, exercise wisely, and go to the wedding in a fantastic outfit that flatters your body at whatever weight you happen to be when the date comes.

This is the best advice in this thread. Do exactly that.
  • keldenfar
    Options

Yeah. Okay.

Trying to compare Autism and weight loss gimmicks….. No, just no.

OMG, i just can't win with you people! And don't you dare start going off on me about autism. Look, I"m sorry I pissed you people off. Seriously. Get over it. I'm sorry. Let it go. I am truly sorry that I broke a rule. It will never happen again! Done. Period!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    Try optifast 800. You will have to drink four shakes a day and that's it. It does work. You will more than likely lose around 4lbs a week.

You are kidding me, right? Did you not read the thread? Did you somehow miss where numerous people said you cannot promote the use of weight loss products?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    For your current weight, that's far too overreaching of a goal. You could shoot for 2 lbs a week but even that's a bit much for your current weight. You'd be better served if you set a realistic goal and went for 1 to 1.5 per week. Better yet, don't set a weight loss time period goal. Just start eating at a deficit now and by the time the next wedding rolls around, you'll have hit your goal and maybe more. Don't set yourself up for yo-yo dieting, disappointment and possibly negative health consequences.
  • SavannahPB
    SavannahPB Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was gave 1 month and 1 week notice of my sisters wedding which I am the Maid of honor in. I weighed in today and am at -20 pounds. I did it in 1 month by eating like 500-.800 calories every day which 90% consisted of fruits and vegetables. This may not be the healthiest way but it worked for me.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    To answer the OP question. I lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks. I ran 3 miles in the morning and 2 miles at night and lifted 4x-5x a week. It was for a weight loss challenge. Link here for pics:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1141281-7-weeks-20-pounds-6-inches-with-pics

Please don't starve yourself, I did a 20% calorie reduction from my TDEE.
This discussion has been closed.