How bad is a daily bagel with cream cheese

Options

Replies

• NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    It depends on the bagel. Some of them are huge and are several hundred calories and some are smaller and fewer calories.

As long as you accurately track your bagel and cream cheese and they fit into your macros, you aren't sabotaging anything. just make sure you are accurately tracking!
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I want to eat one bagel with cream cheese a day. For breakfast I have a slim fast shake, lunch I have grilled tilapia and spinach with a fruit salad. And for dinner I have a bagel with cream cheese and coffee. Am I sabotaging my weight loss by eating the bagel? I read somewhere that bagels have 700 calories in it. I don't know how true this is because my fitness pal says that a bagel is only 230 calories.
    Any calories from Bagels are instantly turned to fat at a ratio of 1:2
    Also, they completely bypass the glycogen stores and turn directly to fat.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a bagel since Panera stopped making jalapeno cheddar bagels. I'll miss you forever, sweet firey cheesy carb-monster.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a bagel since Panera stopped making jalapeno cheddar bagels. I'll miss you forever, sweet firey cheesy carb-monster.

Safeway makes them, if you have one near you.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    *points to username*. I could eat bagels every day, all day, for every meal if calories and macros didn't matter. I'm like the bagel connoisseur of NY. There's nothing wrong with eating one with CC every day if you're weighing the ingredients and logging it as accurately as you can.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Bagels make me gain faster than any other food. I avoid them and will pick a doughnut first. Depends on your goals, bagels are just not a very healthful option IMO, so I'd recommend more variety.

This... is preposterous.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    IIFYM!
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options

I don't, sadly! I've had others but Paneras was the best, I think because it was so crispy on top.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I have a bagel almost every day but I put peanut butter on it instead and I've lost 60 lbs, so it can be done. Make it fit into your day.

I'd sooner cut off my own arm than give up my sweet sweet bagels.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Pretty Bad, I heard they were rebooting Breaking Bad with a Bagel playing Mr White.

6WEuZWW.jpg

Yeah Mr. White, bagels!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I get the bagels from the bagel store in my neighborhood. So I don't have the nutritional information available.

See if their nutritional value is on'line. Many bakeries & restaurants have that info somewhere. Ask at the store. Cobs Bread, for instance, will print out a nutritional information sheet on the specific bread/bun requested when asked.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

I don't, sadly! I've had others but Paneras was the best, I think because it was so crispy on top.

Did you put in a request? Maybe they'll bring them back if enough people ask. Also, your avatar makes me want to make one that says "Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast". :bigsmile:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    On a scale of one to genocide, it's probably a 13-inning baseball game.

Thank you, I was trying to come up with a clever answer.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thomas Everything Bagel Thins are about 110 calories! Yey! http://www.thomasbreads.com/products/everything-bagel-thins-bagels

Also, Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese is soooo much better than non-whipped (more spreadable), IMHO: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/philadelphia/cream-cheese/whipped.aspx .

I can't imagine eating a bagel for dinner though. Some protein and veggies might be good.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    You don't seem to eat much, so I say go for the biggest, thickest bagel you can find and add veggies to the bagel and cream cheese...
  • mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    do a snack bagel with cottage cheese and fruit on top much better!