The Gratitude Game

Options

Replies

• gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for hindsight not to judge others or myself, but to learn.

Love this one!
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am very grateful that I have lost enough weight and gained a majority of my health back that I was able to walk around our local festival for 2.5 hrs. only stopping once to sit for a break. :tongue: when a short three years ago I was using a walker to get around and never could have walked that long or far in my wildest dreams. :embarassed:
    I am grateful for cool weather and no rain for the festival.
    I am grateful to have had enough money to buy some extra treats at the festival.
    I am grateful to have gone out of my comfort zone and talked to many new people today and felt good doing it. :flowerforyou:

Oh, good for you! I can really relate because my visit to the yearly Cherry Creek Arts Festival in Denver was what got me started again on this weight loss journey. I hope to feel as strong as you are soon!
  • cbusiness2010
    Options
    Pied Beauty, Gerard Manley Hopkins
    [...]Praise Him.
    Agree! Artist here, also in awe at serendipity color messes and masses, even taken pics of the pigments as they mix when they are being dragged down the drain at clean up time.
    Curious, what do you do?
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Today I am very grateful that my health insurance covers the majority of things that I require, as I may not otherwise be able to pay for.
    I am grateful that although life has not been exactly easy for me, I know it could have been much worse.
    I am grateful that I now have the wisdom to look back on the past and realize this now.
    I am grateful that I have learnt from a lot of my mistakes and have improved my life considerably. :flowerforyou:
  • asia1967
    Options
    Today I am very grateful that I have lost enough weight and gained a majority of my health back that I was able to walk around our local festival for 2.5 hrs. only stopping once to sit for a break. :tongue: when a short three years ago I was using a walker to get around and never could have walked that long or far in my wildest dreams. :embarassed:
    I am grateful for cool weather and no rain for the festival.
    I am grateful to have had enough money to buy some extra treats at the festival.
    I am grateful to have gone out of my comfort zone and talked to many new people today and felt good doing it. :flowerforyou:

Oh, good for you! I can really relate because my visit to the yearly Cherry Creek Arts Festival in Denver was what got me started again on this weight loss journey. I hope to feel as strong as you are soon!

Thank you, and it does feel great. I know you will you have the right mind set. Good luck. :smile:
  • loistryin
    loistryin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am on B I am grateful for BBBBBB hmmm beautiful blue skies to look at while I walk .........
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for clean time.
    and for....
    -my own place
    -my sister and nephew
    -my ability to think independently
    -my independence
    -the gift of desperation
    -my brain
    -waking up this morning
    -my friends
    -my motorcycle and my bicycle
    -the ability to see my faults and take responsiblity for them
    -pie
    -(shyly) ummm, God....don't tell anyone I said that though.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that someone who read my post here in this thread sent me a FR. That FR reminded me to come back here and post again!

I am also grateful that I live in such a beautiful part of the world. I cherish what I have here - the mountains and the Pacific Ocean at my door.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I'm grateful for my car that only took 27.00 to fill up from empty today! Grateful for my .20 off a gallon at Safeway. Grateful for fresh black cherries on sale. Grateful for finding the Grateful thread. Grateful for connecting by phone with a facebook artist friend who was in Denver for a concert (I've never met her f to f but will in September). Grateful for a nice rain that cooled and cleaned everything off.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for knowing the difference between acceptance and sweeping things under the rug, and being able to do the former.

Wow.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Today I am very grateful that I can hold my temper! :explode:

Most days so am I.
    When I cannot, I am grateful that I can say I'm sorry.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I found the kind of husband that when I break my car to the tune of hundreds of dollars he takes it to the shop for repairs and says that the guy just said that that part was due to give out, NOT that I had anything to do with it overheating by taking it out in nearly 100 degree weather and driving uphill in standstill traffic.

I'm pretty sure that hard driving of it pushed the weakened part over the edge but he would just rather not play the blame game and I think he's smart enough to know that I already learned my lesson and paid dearly for my mistake. Well, now we both did.

But yeah, I'm thankful for having that kind of husband. Today that means a whole lot to me.

(My life was not always this way.)
  • asia1967
    Options
    Today I am grateful for the little things like cool weather, a relaxing day and the smell of good food cooking in the kitchen.
    I am grateful for remotes controls to turn down the annoying garbage they play on the Stupid Tube.
    I am grateful for peace and quiet, but mostly I am grateful that I am alive and well. :flowerforyou:
  • asia1967
    Options
    Today I am grateful that my insurance with cover my orthotics that I now require.
    I am grateful that I had the energy to exercise yesterday.
    I am grateful that I didn't have anything pressing today since I didn't feel up to dealing with anything major.
    I am grateful that there are hard working men/women out there that make my daily life easier. For example the trucker who hauls the food I eat, the postal worker who delivers my mail, the salesperson that takes my order over the internet/phone. My internet provider so I can log my food and exercise on MFP.
    I am grateful for the new friends and community that have helped/advised me along the path of healthy living. :flowerforyou:
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful for the fact that my 17 year old son told me that he wants me to stay on my diet even though it means I'm *****ier sometimes. I grateful to be able to stay with the program even though I had a "bad day" emotionally.
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful that I was a lucky one and for parents who adopted me at the age of 3 and have, since that day, never left my side, no matter what the challenges were.

I'm grateful for a very challenging career that positively impacts the lives of so many and helps me directly contribute to a better community.
  • cbusiness2010
    Options
    Today I am thankful for nature doing what is supposed to do no matter what,
    birds flying and chirping without complaining,
    trees reaching for the sky rain or shine,
    crickets and cicadas serenading at night (right now, so loud :-)...
    the only deviations from the original plan in nature are due to human interventions.

I'll take it as a reminder... while I love to be a change agent wherever I go, need to make sure that I stay connected to the earth, my history, and my roots, and very much in community with those around me -seek my own original purpose, what makes me ME.
    Some things don't ever need to change, and that is good.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful for the ability to direct my own learning based on my own interests and the growth that comes from that.

Although it would be a lot easier if I'd come equipped with a super genius IQ. :grumble:

(Hey, no gratitude is perfect!)
  • sherapop12
    sherapop12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am so grateful my husband and I are really good right now.