Happy 1 Year Anniversary on MFP to me!

Options
Happy 1 Year Anniversary on MFP to me! Jan 18, 2010 – Jan 18, 2011

Wow, can’t believe it’s been one year today since I started on this life changing journey.
In the past year, my daughter has graduated from college and is now working in Radiology at a hospital along with taking another semester for additional certifications, SO proud of her! Hubby and I are getting along just as well as ever. He is the love of my life and I’m in it for life . . . We took a trip to London for 10 days. I started exercising with Zumba classes three times per week.

ANDdddddd

I have lost 106 lbs
I have gone from a size 22W to a size 8, (getting too big for me)
I have lost a total of 43.5 inches
I no longer have high blood pressure
I no longer have high cholesterol
I no longer take prescribed medications
I no longer have Sleep Apnea, no more CPAP

I hope I can encourage at least one person. Believe me, I have been in battle with my weight since as far as I can remember. If I am able to stick to this and loose over 100 lbs in one year, you can too. It has not been easy, but in all actuality it has been easier than I thought it would be. Nothing else has worked, diets don’t work we all know that. I did not give carbs up, I did not give sweets up, I did not give cokes or coffee up. I substituted for healthier choices, what I consider healther. I am a carb addict so no subbing there. I have always drank diet drinks, and I have always drank decaf. I made better choices on my sweets, but still splurged every now and then. If I were to of deprived myself from any of these items, or anything else for that matter, I would of given up a long time ago. How bad do I want to burn those extra 240 calories for that snickers bar? Would I rather have a bigger serving of a healthier choice or remain hungry by having a smaller serving of higher calorie item? You need to stop and think before you put it in your mouth.

I am loving shopping in the Misses section instead of the plus sizes. I am loving the way clothes fit me, although I lost almost all my “cleavage”. I can live with that, not all women are well endowed right. I look around to see if there is anyone I know when before I would not hardly even look up. I have not “advertised” my life changing journey outside MFP. Only my work, some family members and some neighbors were aware because they would see me every now and then. And of course my Zumba gals, because as of April they see me 3 times per week. I have a facebook account and I have yet to speak of this there. I am planning on “coming out” today also for my 1 yr anniversary. Odd, you’d think I’d be shouting it off the roof of my house!

Choices, will (lots and lots of will power) and accountability, nothing else to it.

Before and after pictures up to Dec 17th, one month ago.Weightloss2011-2.jpg

Replies

• aprylfischer
    Options
    Awesome Job! Keep up the healthy life!
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    you look awesome. You've inspired me I also count my calories and I do Zumba everyday. :drinker:
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes...that is an incredible story...Happy 1 year anniversay!
  • megan_mp
    Options
    You are AWESOME!

I can't wait to see what a year will bring me. Today is my 6 month anniversary...

When you say you've lost a total of 43.5 inches, where were you measuring? In places other than what MFP documents?
  • Pullwench
    Options
    WOO HOO...look at you! You look amazing. Great job
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    wow, that's incredible congrats!!!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    YOU are so motivating. Thank you for posting! I'd love to be your friend :-)
  • kidtechnical
    Options
    Well done, you look younger too. xx
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Happy anniversary!!! I am so proud to be your fit pal friend! Your journey is incredible and I can't wait to put together my collage of pictures. You look stunning!
  • beano25
    beano25 Posts: 10
    Options
    amazing !! absolutely amazing !!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! You are so inspiring and you have given us motivation by your story. Congratulations to you! :flowerforyou:
  • jlutica
    jlutica Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!!
    Congratulations!!!:flowerforyou:
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    That is SO fantastic!! Way to stick with it and get so much healthier! I'm 25% of the way and I can't wait to get there! :smile:
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! An inspiration to all. Well done!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • LaurieKPhoto1972
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are such an inspiration to me because I just started on January 7th and I would really like to have lost 100 pounds by January 7, 2012! It helps SO much to read stories from people who have actually done it. Thank you SO much for sharing your journey!!!
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to us all!!! Great job sticking to this for this long and for the dramatic change in your life.
  • lisahow
    Options
    wow.....well done, you look fantastic! Happy Anniversary indeed!
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on the HUGE success! Thank you for sharing your story, it's definitely inspiring!
  • urnewbuddee
    urnewbuddee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just started on this website and your story is a true inspiration! I've had a hard time with stress in the past week (since I've joined MFP), and counting calories has been hard for me. But hearing a story like yours today has really encouraged me to do better and keep on track! Thanks you so much for sharing!

P.S. You look gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!!

-Sara
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME!

I can't wait to see what a year will bring me. Today is my 6 month anniversary...

When you say you've lost a total of 43.5 inches, where were you measuring? In places other than what MFP documents?

I really never looked at the measurement places on MFP.
    I measured in five areas.
    1. Neck
    2. Upper Arms
    3. Belly
    4. Tighs
    5. Right under Breasts
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!