Replies

• DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    whats a brazilian wax:bigsmile:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I do brazilians most of the time, or shave when I'm low on money or in between. I recommend going to a spa-like place, or someone you are comfortable with.

I'm not gonna lie, it's a little painful and then the LAST strip comes out.

The first time I had this done I said weakly 'What is that last one for, aren't you done!!!???'

She looked at me, smiled and said, 'Oh honey, this last one is for your a-hole.'

Takes a minute to get over that last strip. Every. Single. Time.
    LMAO.giffaintthud.gif
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I do brazilians most of the time, or shave when I'm low on money or in between. I recommend going to a spa-like place, or someone you are comfortable with.

I'm not gonna lie, it's a little painful and then the LAST strip comes out.

The first time I had this done I said weakly 'What is that last one for, aren't you done!!!???'

She looked at me, smiled and said, 'Oh honey, this last one is for your a-hole.'

Takes a minute to get over that last strip. Every. Single. Time.

OMFG!! You just made me laugh soooo hard!!
    Beware of the last strip!!!!
  • kafff
    kafff Posts: 14
    Options
    How many laser sessions did it take for it to be completely gone? I'm a waxer and have been for years. Would love to do the laser treatment...do tell!!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    My wife has a standing appointment. Not sure what the interval is, but she gets waxed regularly. Told me it doesn't hurt much after the first couple times.

I love it, so will your hubby.
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    We have laser questions!!! Come back to the wax post!
  • hill2302
    hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Some funny stuff here. As a guy, I can tell you that if it was a specail occassion and my wife came home rocking a brazillian wax, I'd be like *?!Boing*?! that's freaking awesome!

My wife started shaving after years of a semi shaved state. After years of the same thing, a change like that is pretty refreshing and new. I think most guys would appreciate what you're planning to do for him.

Damn, I hope she somehow doesn't find out I'm tell you guys this stuff. I'll be up S**t creek if she does! SSSSHHHHHH!
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    I shave. I did a Brazillian 1 time--- HOLY blankity blankin blank!!! It hurt, I will NEVER do it again. And I still had to shave after to be perfectly smooth. As the lady pulled the little strip off I came off the table, it was extreemly painful and I strongly suggest not doing it.
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ha! Someone emailed me that some of the ladies wanted more info about the laser hair removal. I went to kind of an expensive place, but you can get some amazing deals these days through Groupon and LivingSocial. Everyone's hair is different. It took me 15 times (3 packages of 5 sessions each) before I felt I never needed to go again. I spent probably about $3k total, but like I said, you can get it for much less these days.

I got my underarms and bikini done. When they do bikini, they'll do whatever you want. I wanted it all gone... and they'll get rid of it ALL!

It is painful in some areas and not in others. To never have to shave or wax again, the pain and money were SO worth it. I now have about 10 hairs on my underarms that I pluck out on occasion and there's really nothing on my bikini area (like a hair here and there that's really light and fine). It's beyond smooth. It's amazing. I highly recommend it. You will not regret doing it.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Ha! Someone emailed me that some of the ladies wanted more info about the laser hair removal. I went to kind of an expensive place, but you can get some amazing deals these days through Groupon and LivingSocial. Everyone's hair is different. It took me 15 times (3 packages of 5 sessions each) before I felt I never needed to go again. I spent probably about $3k total, but like I said, you can get it for much less these days.

I got my underarms and bikini done. When they do bikini, they'll do whatever you want. I wanted it all gone... and they'll get rid of it ALL!

It is painful in some areas and not in others. To never have to shave or wax again, the pain and money were SO worth it. I now have about 10 hairs on my underarms that I pluck out on occasion and there's really nothing on my bikini area (like a hair here and there that's really light and fine). It's beyond smooth. It's amazing. I highly recommend it. You will not regret doing it.

Thanks! Very informative.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    It is the worst pain you'll ever experience (and no, I don't have kids so maybe it’s the 2nd worst, I can’t confirm) BUT, a skilled individual does it in 10-15 minutes maximum then it’s all done and so easy.

Don’t be embarrassed, it’s not your chosen profession to get all up in there on women and see them at their worst (before) and after. That was their choice and they’ve seen it all. Just be considerate and don’t even consider going at the TOTM – that’s nasty.

Make sure you confirm with the salon that they use a different stick on each dip or if they use a different pot of wax for different clients b/c STD's are a very real possibility and can easily be contracted. Since many individuals bleed as well during waxing, extra precaution needs to be taken CALL THEM FIRST!

And to respond to the person who lasered it all, I confirmed with 2 separate facilities that a Brazilian done by laser is NOT the same as done by wax. They just do the front but don’t get any other strays.

Ps: If you are doing this for V-Day (pun intended ;) make sure you do it a few days if not a week before b/c your skin will be inflamed and sensitive and not in a good way immediately afterwards.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    This may be a bit of a delicate (no pun intended) question. I am thinking of going for a full Brazillian wax for my husband for Valentine's Day. I tried waxing once before a long time ago, and couldn't do it.

Have any of you tried it before? What did you/your partner think? Would you do it again?

Thanks for you input.
    jewel
    I haven't done it, but I can't wait for the answers.

Ha ha, such a perv! ;)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I'd like to try it myself...but all I can think of when I see "brazilian wax" is the Nip Tuck episode and Californication and cringe. LMAO!
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Some funny stuff here. As a guy, I can tell you that if it was a specail occassion and my wife came home rocking a brazillian wax, I'd be like *?!Boing*?! that's freaking awesome!

My wife started shaving after years of a semi shaved state. After years of the same thing, a change like that is pretty refreshing and new. I think most guys would appreciate what you're planning to do for him.

Damn, I hope she somehow doesn't find out I'm tell you guys this stuff. I'll be up S**t creek if she does! SSSSHHHHHH!

Ha ha, w/o a profile pic you'll be fine. Trial lawyers think twice about putting their photo online don't they ;)
  • aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    the nice thing about waxing is that when your hair grows out its softer and not prickley but it gets pricey and you have to go back every couple of weeks.

I stick to shaving now. its faster for me and cheaper!

would love to get it lasered off but no idea how much that would cost.
  • aling01
    Options
    brazilian wax wasn't as bad. it differs for everyone esp their skin type.

when i took my friend she of course screamed like a little girl..hahah..i have more pain tolerance but i can say the part that would hurt the most (but just for THAT moment) is when they are waxing near your *kitten*...towards the butt its nothing. once they wax you the first time, you'll know if you can take it or not.

everyone's different so dont let other people's experience scare you. =)
  • Jennifer2311
    Options
    I epilated mine off last night... ouch ouch ouch! DONT DO IT!!! I felt more pain then I have ever felt before and I have given birth three times! Im still trying to recover from the pain!
  • aling01
    Options
    I epilated mine off last night... ouch ouch ouch! DONT DO IT!!! I felt more pain then I have ever felt before and I have given birth three times! Im still trying to recover from the pain!

ooOO i was gonna try an epilator..i'm sure it would hurt way more! eeep!
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I think your hubby will love it...

my only concern is if someone getting it done has piercings down there. How does THAT work?

Oh, and my experience was hell, I'll never do it again.
  • Ananke65
    Options
    Pretty the sure the professional will be able to handle the piercings.