GRAPHIC PHOTOS of a 69 year woman in a swimsuit.

Options

Replies

• LucyBzz
    LucyBzz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow - you are doing GREAT! Well done you :)
    :flowerforyou:
  • in_lieu_of
    in_lieu_of Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You totally ROCK and INSPIRE!!! Thank you.
  • 1FitFiddler
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Your loss is fantastic and you are a true inspiration. Love the smile! Oh, and I'm pleased you got a new swimsuit, the old one could fit two of you in it; not flattering at all :)
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! You look great! It's funny how this site inspires us all to show more skin than we normally would :wink:
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    As aways, Sue, I am inspired to do better and go further on this path of health and wellness because of you. Thanks for sharing your successes with us! I think you look amazing -- and, you stand up so much straighter now!
  • kristincreate
    Options
    You ARE a gorgeous bathing beauty!
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Great going!
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    What a great story and pictures! Thanks for posting them. You look beautiful! Congrats on your success!
    Stef.
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story and victory! I admire you so much. I am 59 years young, and have arthritus all over, but my main area is in my right foot. You are such an inspiration for me to loose the weight I need/want and do exercises in a pool. Thank you so much for sharing your story and photos' You are beautiful inside and out. :flowerforyou:
  • goodtf
    goodtf Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You are brave and a huge inspiration to us all
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Sue, your amazing transformation brought tears of joy to my eyes for you. You have done such an amazing job and stuck with it through some of the most trying times, and it is paying off. The look of sheer joy on your face says it all! Keep it up, as you're almost there, my friend!! You are a superstar!!

ETA: Thank you for being brave and showing the rest of us that perseverance and persistence can pay off in amazing ways! I know it isn't easy to be photographed in a bathing suit.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that so many of you find inspiration in the progress and story of an old lady. Many folks look at MFP as a site for young folks and people dedicated to working out. I do NOT fit into that model of the MFP member.

I am a representative of the older crowd on MFP, many of whom are not physically able to do a whole lot. Damaged bodies may limit our ability to do some of the more strenuous activity of the gym, even outdoor sports and activities. However, that doesn't mean that we can't lose weight, find 'comfortable' physical activities and even be a real part of MFP. We can even inspire and give wisdom from our own life experiences (both good and bad) to the wonderful, younger folks on MFP. After all, I represent "what they might be in the future"...both good and bad.

To the youngsters...Don't let your life become dedicated to food and carry pounds of fat around with you that can keep you from being all that you would want to be. Don't wait, until you are in your senior years to wake up to the reality that you replaced real happiness for eating day and night through the best years of your life.

To the old timers...Use my example of weight loss, instead of using excuses (i.e. "I'm too old to start another diet.", "It is too hard to lose weight after menopause.", "I don't belong in a swimsuit at my age.", "What difference will it make. It's TOO LATE to change who I am.", and "I have too many physical problems." These excuses all occurred to me...BUT...I still decided to..."AT LEAST TRY TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT."

I set small goals and found success. I did what I could physically, even in a wheelchair, until I didn't need the wheelchair anymore. I kept coming back to MFP and made so many friends who encouraged me every day. Most importantly, I was honest about my food; and I didn't get discouraged and give up, when I would hit an occasional plateau. Slow but steady (like the tortoise) has worked for me. :wink:
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sue, those photos are fabulous - thank you so much for sharing! The beauty is in the smile and the hard work and the progress and the strength that is obvious in your current pictures! Sidenote: I think that size 14 might be a little big too! :-)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Well done. You should be proud. :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that so many of you find inspiration in the progress and story of an old lady. Many folks look at MFP as a site for young folks and people dedicated to working out. I do NOT fit into that model of the MFP member.

I am a representative of the older crowd on MFP, many of whom are not physically able to do a whole lot. Damaged bodies may limit our ability to do some of the more strenuous activity of the gym, even outdoor sports and activities. However, that doesn't mean that we can't lose weight, find 'comfortable' physical activities and even be a real part of MFP. We can even inspire and give wisdom from our own life experiences (both good and bad) to the wonderful, younger folks on MFP. After all, I represent "what they might be in the future"...both good and bad.

To the youngsters...Don't let your life become dedicated to food and carry pounds of fat around with you that can keep you from being all that you would want to be. Don't wait, until you are in your senior years to wake up to the reality that you replaced real happiness for eating day and night through the best years of your life.

To the old timers...Use my example of weight loss, instead of using excuses (i.e. "I'm too old to start another diet.", "It is too hard to lose weight after menopause.", "I don't belong in a swimsuit at my age.", "What difference will it make. It's TOO LATE to change who I am.", and "I have too many physical problems." These excuses all occurred to me...BUT...I still decided to..."AT LEAST TRY TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT."

I set small goals and found success. I did what I could physically, even in a wheelchair, until I didn't need the wheelchair anymore. I kept coming back to MFP and made so many friends who encouraged me every day. Most importantly, I was honest about my food; and I didn't get discouraged and give up, when I would hit an occasional plateau. Slow but steady (like the tortoise) has worked for me. :wink:

I think your description of the PERCEPTION of MFP is accurate, however the perception itself is not.

The bulk of us (though far from everybody) are just normal people trying to achieve a level of healthiness and self-esteem. The most successful people I've encountered have done this by a series of small changes and simple consistency, just like you. As one inspiring person put it, "I put in a solid 60% effort because I believe in balance."

Some people do more than that, of course. On the other hand, you are just as much of an outlier - 120 pounds lost is incredible. But what I've found, in following the personal stories of the people who have cultivated physiques the rest of us envy, is that they generally aren't that different from the rest of us either. Many, many people on here never dreamed that their results were within the realm of achievement. A whole lot of them started with "at least try to lose some weight" as well.

I think the reason why you are, in fact, so inspirational, is that you are open about facing the exact same challenges that many of us face. And you do it with such gusto and a refusal to shame yourself based on perceived standards. THAT resonates with every user on this site. You are very much a model MFP member.
  • carolinelock750
    carolinelock750 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Go girl !
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Good on you!!! :flowerforyou: