Dead Bodies

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
Now... I can't figure out what I'm more disturbed by.
1. That no one looked under the bed after 1000 people switched rooms for a weird smell?
2. That Anita willingly gave her name as the housekeeper responsible for the cleanliness of a room housing a dead body for 5 years?
3. That no one has missed Jane Doe?
4. That Febreeze semi-successfully covers dead body scent?
5. That not ONE guest in 5 years lost a shoe, their panties, a sock, or dropped the damn remote control... or looked under the bed for their belongings before checking out?

http://empirenews.net/body-found-under-motel-bed-police-claim-its-been-there-5-years/

empire-news-body-found-under-motel-bed-police-say-its-been-there-5-years-300x181.jpg

Stunning news this morning out of New Jersey, as reports of police discovering the body of a young woman under a motel bed have been confirmed. The owners of the motel asked that their name and location be omitted from news reports to protect their business.

The body, which has yet to be identified, was found by a person staying in the room.

“I dropped the television remote, and when I went to check under the bed I found her. It was like something out of a scary movie,” said Aaron Silver, the man staying in the room.

According to initial reports by the medical examiner on-scene, it appears as though the body lay undisturbed in the room for about 5 years. There was a normal amount of rot and decay on the body to suggest that it had not been moved or touched over the course of that time.

The motel has not made a comment about the issue but have told police that they are constantly cleaning their rooms and have no idea how this could have slipped beneath the cracks.

“I clean that room every day. I noticed a smell several times, and told my manager,” said Anita Rodriguez, a housekeeper at the motel. “He told me to just use extra Febreeze in the room and it would go away eventually. I always hated cleaning that room.”

Motel representatives say that all their rooms are cleaned daily, but that it is not the policy of the company to make their housekeepers check under the beds.

“They do a heavy clean of the rooms to sanitize for guests, but when it comes to under the beds, they just run the vacuum around the edges. Who really looks under the bed, anyway? No reason to waste anyone’s time,” said Charles Dyson, a representative of the motel chain.

“It’s the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen,” said police chief Joe Goldsmith. “I’ve seen a lot of strange things in my time on the force, but to think about all the people who’ve stayed in this room, with a dead body beneath them, and they didn’t know about it? It gives me the heebie-jeebies.”

Police have seized room and occupant records for the last several years, and are trying to trace the person or persons who may have stayed in the room around the time of death.

“Funny thing is, the records also show literally almost 1,000 complaints from people who stayed in the room over the years. Everything from a bad smell to an ‘eerie feeling.’ Several people even asked to switch rooms in the middle of the night,” said Goldsmith. “The motel really should have checked out that room a little more closely.”

The body of the young woman is set for autopsy at the end of the week.

Replies

• LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    sorry i got stuck looking at your pic. Didnt read the story.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n686m6Lwlj1tq4of6o1_400.gif
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Many bed frames in hotels are built like this so you don't lose things under them. To hide a body you would just have to lift the mattress up.
    bedframe.gif
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I am never staying at a hotel again
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    In for necrophilia.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    DAMNIT! I didn't SNOPEs it. It's fake.

*grumble* There goes all my fun drama.

Bad Odus. BAD!
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    DAMN YOU FOR GETTING MY HOPES UP.
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    It's fake! That whole website is satire.

From their "About/Disclaimer" page (http://empirenews.net/about-disclaimer)
    About / Disclaimer

Empire News is a satirical and entertainment website. We only use invented names in all our stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental.

All contributors are responsible for the content of their own material in respect to (but not limited to) copyright, libel and defamation.

The content of this web-site (graphics, text and other elements) is © Copyright 2014 Empire News LLC and may not be reprinted or re-transmitted in whole or in part without the express written consent of the publisher.

Empire News and the Empire News social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, etc) are not intended for people under 18 years of age.

If you are aware of any copyright infringement or have any other queries or complaints, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and, where necessary, correct the problem. Please accept our apologies in advance on behalf of any contribution which has offended.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I thought hotels had to change the mattress out every year or 2. This story is gross on many levels :sick:

Just saw it's fake, still gross
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Bad Odus. BAD!

Empire News is like the Onion. I have lost faith in you. :laugh:
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

Bad Odus. BAD!

I thought you knew the whole thing was satire.

My b homie, I woulda told you.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

5. That not ONE guest in 5 years lost a shoe, their panties, a sock, or dropped the damn remote control... or looked under the bed for their belongings before checking out?

I always look... but a lot of hotels have the bed sitting on a box type thing so you can't see under. You have to take the bedframe apart.
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Ok, I'll take off my pants!
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Fake news site??? So....Justin Bieber isn't really playing Little Orphan Annie on Broadway?? :((
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    "Stunning news this morning out of New Jersey..."

That explains EVERYTHING.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Many bed frames in hotels are built like this so you don't lose things under them. To hide a body you would just have to lift the mattress up.
    bedframe.gif
    Note to self....never share a room with usmcmp. She knows how to kill (once a marine, always a marine) AND cleverly hide dead bodies.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Bad Odus. BAD!

lol.. good, I feel better now.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I thought this story had a smell to it.

I'm sorry, I'll be leaving now.