13»

Replies

• Debbie4446
    Options
    I am going to make these
  • CallOnRo
    CallOnRo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious. I'm giving this a try this weekend.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I've tried a similar recipe that I found online. My brownies didn't turn out as well, and had a weird gooey texture. Didn't seem like the brownies rose very well but that was probably due to something I did wrong.

I'm going to try a low calorie brownie recipe from scratch again soon. I will be using applesauce instead though :) I use applesauce in all my muffin and brownie recipes, or substitute applesauce for butter or oil. Applesauce tends to substitute better for oil, but can work for butter recipes sometimes.

I've never tried rolled oats in recipes!

Lowest calories I've been able to get brownies down to are around 60 kcal, and those were little easter bunny shapes I have a brownie mold and you can make 24 bunny shaped brownies.
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    not 40 calories
  • Cindyloo01
    Cindyloo01 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! I will be making these!
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Don't have yogurt, but could sour cream be substituted in its place?

I've never tried sour cream in this recipe, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. If you try it, please let me know how it turns out! :D

I've made something similar with cottage cheese and it works too

I'd eat the whole pan though....hey only 360 calories at least lol
  • TragicWriter
    Options
    I've tried a similar recipe that I found online. My brownies didn't turn out as well, and had a weird gooey texture. Didn't seem like the brownies rose very well but that was probably due to something I did wrong.

I'm going to try a low calorie brownie recipe from scratch again soon. I will be using applesauce instead though :) I use applesauce in all my muffin and brownie recipes, or substitute applesauce for butter or oil. Applesauce tends to substitute better for oil, but can work for butter recipes sometimes.

I've never tried rolled oats in recipes!

Lowest calories I've been able to get brownies down to are around 60 kcal, and those were little easter bunny shapes I have a brownie mold and you can make 24 bunny shaped brownies.

Applesauce! I've never tried that!!! I left out the butter completely out of this recipe so on my next batch, I'll definitely try it! Thanks for sharing!
  • mojojorox
    mojojorox Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cHaRlIe0411
    cHaRlIe0411 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am so trying this. Thank you!
  • TragicWriter
    Options
    not 40 calories

It IS 40 Calories. I entered it myself in the recipe creator here on the site. If figured out the calories and all the nutritional info. If you add anything else to the recipe, it ups the calories. (i add coconut to mine which ups the calories)
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm sad to say that I made this and it tasted disgusting. Absolutely did not taste like a brownie at all. Went straight into the trash. I am mad that I wasted so much cocoa powder and sweetener on this recipe. I had such high hopes, but it was an epic fail.
  • CoolBreeze84
    CoolBreeze84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Saved for later.

Hope it's good!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I'm sad to say that I made this and it tasted disgusting. Absolutely did not taste like a brownie at all. Went straight into the trash. I am mad that I wasted so much cocoa powder and sweetener on this recipe. I had such high hopes, but it was an epic fail.

I've read a lot of people also thought these were nasty. I think it was from the bromabakery website?