Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm carbs <3
  • bcanderson123456
    bcanderson123456 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If this Brad Pilon character says it is so then it is ? Where did he do his research and double blind studies to come up with this fact? Oh I see someone selling a book well that means it must be factual.
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    ....but..
    it doesn't :huh:
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    1000g+ carbs a day and I'm near single digit bodyfat, lol
  • supersparklies
    supersparklies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree. Carbs are awesome.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i agree with the author... carbs ARE awesome.

people who need or want to cut carbs as a strategy for weight loss, don't bother me at all.

people who insist that carbs MUST be cut as a necessity for weight loss, are the ones i tend to disagree strongly with.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    For anyone who might not have read the article or who just doesn't want to, here's a TL;DR on the article:

Carbs make you fat because they are so delicious that you tend to eat a lot of them (to the point, basically, that it sends you into a calorie surplus). Watching your carb intake can be beneficial because it can help you be more aware of your intake. (I don't think he's saying anything about low carb stuff..just lower carbs - like IIFYM type deal).

And a quote from the article that sums it up:
    Make no mistake, I want you to eat carbs, I just don’t want you to overeat carbs, because I don’t want you to overeat ANYTHING.
  • bcanderson123456
    bcanderson123456 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    For anyone who might not have read the article or who just doesn't want to, here's a TL;DR on the article:

Carbs make you fat because they are so delicious that you tend to eat a lot of them (to the point, basically, that it sends you into a calorie surplus). Watching your carb intake can be beneficial because it can help you be more aware of your intake. (I don't think he's saying anything about low carb stuff..just lower carbs - like IIFYM type deal).

Make no mistake, I want you to eat carbs, I just don’t want you to overeat carbs, because I don’t want you to overeat ANYTHING.

So basically what you are saying is if you overeat you will gain regradless if it is carbs, protein, or fat. Considering how good tasting fatty things can be (bacon comes to mind), and how a gram of fat has 7 calories compared to 4 for a carb it seems it would be easier to get too many calories from fatty foods. So he could of just as easily said :
    " Make no mistake, I want you to eat fats, I just don’t want you to overeat fats, because I don’t want you to overeat ANYTHING."

Hey maybe I should write a book on that, lol.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    If this Brad Pilon character says it is so then it is ? Where did he do his research and double blind studies to come up with this fact? Oh I see someone selling a book well that means it must be factual.

:laugh:
  • agrasso88
    agrasso88 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

So basically what you are saying is if you overeat you will gain regradless if it is carbs, protein, or fat. Considering how good tasting fatty things can be (bacon comes to mind), and how a gram of fat has 7 calories compared to 4 for a carb it seems it would be easier to get too many calories from fatty foods. So he could of just as easily said :
    " Make no mistake, I want you to eat fats, I just don’t want you to overeat fats, because I don’t want you to overeat ANYTHING."

This is disregarding the fact that fats are more satiating than carbs so you are unlikely to gorge on fats as they make you feel fuller faster and longer.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

You get a gold star!

:)

The article is filled with mild sarcasm, in nutshell he is saying don't overeat...
  • J72FIT
    Options
    This is disregarding the fact that fats are more satiating than carbs so you are unlikely to gorge on fats as they make you feel fuller faster and longer.

This is exactly what the article points out that most people do... get caught up in the minutia.

"This is why watching your carb intake makes sense. Without debating metabolic advantages, insulin/leptin levels, how are ancestors ate, there affect on our microbiota or any of those ‘love to debate’ kinds topics"

The big picture is simple... don't overeat.

"we can see that monitoring carb intake makes sense because they are a part of the food we are most likely to overeat. In other words, generally speaking the less carbs you eat, the less food you eat (again, generally speaking)."

Don't major in the minor...
  • J72FIT
    Options

I just looked at your diary. Sir, you are my hero!

;)
  • J72FIT
    Options

Did you read the article or just stop at the headline?
  • J72FIT
    Options

*facepalm*

Lol!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

1000g per day? I'm soooo jealous of you right now.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options

*facepalm*

lol ugh
  • Everburg16
    Everburg16 Posts: 101
    Options

Dude, I cannot stop looking at your diary now. I feel like I'm looking at a unicorn!

woah.gif
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

"The Dream" - This guy is living it!