The dreaded 'moobs'

Options
Something which I always battled with was my 'man boobs'. I could never wear fitted t-shirts because they would become so prominent, and even having lost weight they just never seemed to reduce in size.

The first picture was taken about 3 weeks ago, and since then I have incorporated my own workouts which prove to quite effective. I introduced weight lifting to try and target the area and turned 'rowers' into something which I deem far more intense...and I guess this picture can show the results.

I've never had the courage to post a topless weight comparison picture..but this one I genuinely feel proud enough to post. I notice that my tummy has also toned down a bit too..hallelujah!

jZZnfsWl.jpg

Replies

• ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    great results! keep up the good work :)
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    looks like a decent amount of BF % has gone which is shifting from the places you want it to move from

Good job, results like this can spur you ( and others on )
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Your work has paid off - excellent! You look awesome.
  • jjdiggy
    jjdiggy Posts: 172
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words, everybody!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Looking very good!
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Looking very good!

Thank you!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    great work… i can tell the difference. congrats.
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! Congrats!\
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Thank you both. Looking at this now, for the first time I can actually see progress.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Progress provides the most motivation and you've definitely got that.

I also had man boobs when I was heavier. Lifting weights and cutting the fat has really shrunk them. Now they are just muscle boobs...haha. Keep it up and those fitted shirts will be all you want to wear!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Looking good! I know the before pictures are scary, but you've improved so much! Good job!
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Progress provides the most motivation and you've definitely got that.

I also had man boobs when I was heavier. Lifting weights and cutting the fat has really shrunk them. Now they are just muscle boobs...haha. Keep it up and those fitted shirts will be all you want to wear!

Accurate!

I've noticed that since lifting weights, it's been MUCH more effective than cardio, though I suppose the combination of both will have helped. All I want is muscle there hahaha, and thank you! Congrats on your success too!
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Looking good! I know the before pictures are scary, but you've improved so much! Good job!

Yes, very daunting! Thank you!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Dont underestimate the value of push ups to build chest size. Increased muscle mass in the pec area will flatten out moobs and give you the chest you want. Use push up stands to get the deep burns.
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Dont underestimate the value of push ups to build chest size. Increased muscle mass in the pec area will flatten out moobs and give you the chest you want. Use push up stands to get the deep burns.

I shall have to invest in some of those.
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Good work!, looks like you've lost equally in the chest and stomach area which is great!.

My moobs went early on but the "beer belly" is being quite stubborn!.
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Good work!, looks like you've lost equally in the chest and stomach area which is great!.

My moobs went early on but the "beer belly" is being quite stubborn!.

Thank you! I couldn't see any loss on my stomach until I saw this comparison. My moobs were the hardest part to loose weight from. My family mentioned weight loss can go from head to toe, and that's the process that seems to be happening. My face, then shoulders, then chest and now my pecs...stomach is 'under construction' so to speak. :laugh:
  • ladyblue100
    ladyblue100 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Lookin good!
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Lookin good!

Why thank you!
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Heyy good job, awesome results so far! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!