• kimbo747
    kimbo747 Posts: 4
    Options
    Add me, the more the better! :-)
  • Omega_Doom
    Omega_Doom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there Everyone!

My name is Daniel. I just joined like 10 minutes ago and figured I would introduce myself into this vast community and see where it takes me. I am interested in making friends and finding support groups for overweight people who find themselves addicted to particular types of foods.

Even when I was a child I was a picky eater and because of this I have grown into a picky eater as an adult. I always wanted to eat the pizza, or microwaveable foods, processed garbage, deep fried anything and chase it all with sugary sodas or sugary juices like Kool-Aid. I've grown into a obese person at 315Lbs. I am no longer comfortable in my own body. I've began to notice that simple tasks like bending over, or kneeling are causing me pain and my joints are sore all the time as well. Buying clothes at the mall is pretty much a waste of time. No one carries a 40 waist and a 3-4XL shirt. I end up having to special order clothes in and most of the time that is an additional cost. I tell myself almost every time I eat some processed garbage food - that tastes amazingly good I may add - that this will be the death of me. But I always find myself going back to the easy to buy, easy to afford, and delicious foods that are high in sodium, carbs and all those bad chemicals that will lead me to an early grave anyways!

I can admit it! I am an ADDICT to high fat foods. But this past 4 days I have been on a diet. Well trying to be on one that is. I've been replacing my snack foods with nothing at all and sticking to my meals only, and even those I've cut my portions down to 1/3 of what I used to eat. But then around 7-8 at night I get hungry and I have a VERY hard time controlling myself. So far I've been good and avoided the temptations to cheat. But it's so easy to just hop in the truck, drive to 7/11 and grad that big-*kitten* bag of Doritos that I've been craving. And if I went to the store, I'd eat the whole bag too. I know that once I relapse into junk food again, i'll feast on it until I am completely full. I keep telling myself No No No. But the Devil is in my ear saying Yes Yes Yes just one snack. I am looking for support... People that I can talk to about this. Maybe someone who has dealt with something similar, or knows how addiction affects the mind. Especially when they're abusing something as widely available as food. I quit smoking 4 years ago, and that was easy compared to this!

I am uncomfortable even removing my shirt around people. Life is not meant to be lived this way. I should not be ashamed.
  • kelleydreams
    Options
    yes I do!
  • Jesse_Sue
    Jesse_Sue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Add me! I need some people to bounce ideas off and keep me motivated!! :wink: :wink:
  • Carlydesko
    Carlydesko Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely looking for more friends and support also! :-)
  • anastasiadietitian
    anastasiadietitian Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • KIZGNARR
    KIZGNARR Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am active (with fit bit too) and log daily... love to get/give feedback and motivation! :)
  • spiritfire13
    spiritfire13 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Would love to have more friends and myfitnesspal partners :-D.
  • smariere
    smariere Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Love to have active friends on here!
  • Laylalove96
    Options
    Add me I need friends that will help me stay motivated ????????????????????????????
  • slimdebbiecakes89
    slimdebbiecakes89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I need more active friends too! Add me :)
  • alannalenahan
    Options
    I love new friends :D
  • erinkhalsa
    erinkhalsa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me! Especially if you're in New Mexico!
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Me! I love more friends!
  • darcylong29
    Options
    I am new to this all I could use some new friends and motivational people here!! :)
  • Sonja1211
    Sonja1211 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • hollywrigh
    hollywrigh Posts: 11
    Options
    I could use a bunch of friends...only have 3 and of those only 1 is active anymore...lol
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Add me :)
  • Mosley35
    Mosley35 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • MrsJoeProGolfer
    Options
    Feel free to add me!