Joint Facebook Account w/ Your SO?

Options

Replies

• melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

On the other hand, my husband and are not friends with each other on FB and people think that's odd.

That is kind of odd...then again Im one of the ones that posts sticky sweet gag-worthy things to his wall.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    My parents have a joint account just because my dad would never bother to get his own but he likes to scroll through Facebook. Same with my sister in law... I think it's odd.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I suppose if they are mainly using Facebook to share pictures of them and the kids with family and friends then I dont see the problem. I have a couple of friends with joint accounts and thats basically all they do on Facebook.

Agreed, I know a few couples who do something similar. Neither are super active on Facebook, and when I do interact with them on that platform, it's only to look at their travel pics, or make plans for a dinner party, or whatever. Stuff they'd end up doing jointly anyway. So I get it. At this point, my fiance and I might as well have a joint account too... we're friends with the same people, and most of the photos I post are of stuff we do together anyway. I hardly use FB enough for it to matter either way.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't want to get married anytime soon

This and potentially being called "hubby"

Brb going to throw up

Why even bother getting married at all? Just do one of those long term partner type relationships. there is no reason anyone "has" to get married.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My daughter and her husband do this as well as one of my older friends who just got married last year.. Both of them are married to cheaters so I am sure it has something to do with that.. plus both females do most of the posting.. when the guys get on and say: "I love my wife"...I'm pretty sure it's the females posting those comments.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I bet she is a control freak and he's whipped.
    14dei34.jpg
    I know....
    2i7pyd4.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    My daughter and her husband do this as well as one of my older friends who just got married last year.. Both of them are married to cheaters so I am sure it has something to do with that.. plus both females do most of the posting.. when the guys get on and say: "I love my wife"...I'm pretty sure it's the females posting those comments.

That's pretty creepy if true.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

That's pretty creepy if true.

...and sad.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Insecure women with no self esteem, js.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

Brb going to throw up

Why even bother getting married at all? Just do one of those long term partner type relationships. there is no reason anyone "has" to get married.

I wasn't going to but the *hubby* suggested we go to the courthouse on our 10 year anniversary the week before hand, so I figured why the hell not. :tongue: The good news is it's virtually impossible to forget our anniversary.
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

I have those friends, too. My husband's cousin is always talking about how awesome his wife is on Facebook, but according to him, he hasn't been on Facebook in two years. The only reason it's still active is so his wife can log on and send herself game requests, so it became pretty obvious what was happening, lol.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    for whatever reason, the joined facebook account thing with your partner annoys the crap out of me.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I bet she is a control freak and he's whipped.
    14dei34.jpg
    I know....
    2i7pyd4.gif

I like number 15, js.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I would never do that. My husband and I have our own lives, friends, interests, thoughts, opinions. I find it a little odd. But, I guess if it's just a family page to share photos and stuff.
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options

Similar with my friend's with joint accounts, history of cheating and/or females doing most of the posting.

I love my husband, but we don't get all up in each other's Kool Aid like that.
  • jojokmack
    jojokmack Posts: 117
    Options
    I think it is very weird and does smack of lack of trust. I am admin for a large gaming group (over 21k members) and I think it looks strange when I see Arthur N Marther for example. Especially as it is a girly game. I know my husband would get sick of seeing all my game requests and pm's.
    BUT, each to their own I suppose....
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I have those friends, too. My husband's cousin is always talking about how awesome his wife is on Facebook, but according to him, he hasn't been on Facebook in two years. The only reason it's still active is so his wife can log on and send herself game requests, so it became pretty obvious what was happening, lol.

tumblr_mbwfapdqq91rd06hno1_400.gif
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    sharing an account is not for me. but to each their own. I have a friend who shares one with his wife because he was not computer savvy and needed help doing things on FB that he wanted to do. But it was confusing because I can't tell who's talking because they don't let you know on any posts or comments who is saying what.
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Brb going to throw up

I wasn't going to but the *hubby* suggested we go to the courthouse on our 10 year anniversary the week before hand, so I figured why the hell not. :tongue: The good news is it's virtually impossible to forget our anniversary.

That's too funny. My husband and I got married on kind of a whim, too, and he's always saying "well, I didn't have anything better to do that day." There's a pretty fine line between I can't live without him and dear God I want to smother him in his sleep for me sometimes, lol.