Joint Facebook Account w/ Your SO?

Options

Replies

• TheBookSiren2316
    Options
    Both of my sisters have joint accounts, I dont. One says its out of convienence because my BIL always lost his password and would just log onto hers. lol. The other- her fiancee is super jealous- his words not mine. That's between them.

My husband and I have seperate accounts because it never occured to us to have joint ones. We have the same friends and family on ours but he doesnt use fb very often anyway. It's a non-issue.

I dont understand speculating over why people do or do not have joint accounts. I know plenty of people who do, I've never wondered why until I saw so many against it. It seems a lot of people who dont have joint accounts assume the worst about it. Some make wild blanket speculations and assume they are true. I didnt realize you could psychoanalyize a complete strangers entire relationship based on something so mundane. But Im silly like that- I just dont care. Lol
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't want to get married anytime soon

This and potentially being called "hubby"

Brb going to throw up

Why even bother getting married at all? Just do one of those long term partner type relationships. there is no reason anyone "has" to get married.

I wasn't going to but the *hubby* suggested we go to the courthouse on our 10 year anniversary the week before hand, so I figured why the hell not. :tongue: The good news is it's virtually impossible to forget our anniversary.

That's too funny. My husband and I got married on kind of a whim, too, and he's always saying "well, I didn't have anything better to do that day." There's a pretty fine line between I can't live without him and dear God I want to smother him in his sleep for me sometimes, lol.

I threaten to kill my husband on a regular basis, he reminds me that I'm the only one with a life insurance policy in place. :laugh:
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    My SO doesn't own a computer and has no interest at all in doing so. He doesn't watch TV either.
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    200.gif
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Nothing says "I don't trust you" like a joint facebook account.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I bet she is a control freak and he's whipped.
    14dei34.jpg
    I know....
    2i7pyd4.gif

mmmmmm. Kassidy Shumway. :love:
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Both of my sisters have joint accounts, I dont. One says its out of convienence because my BIL always lost his password and would just log onto hers. lol. The other- her fiancee is super jealous- his words not mine. That's between them.

My husband and I have seperate accounts because it never occured to us to have joint ones. We have the same friends and family on ours but he doesnt use fb very often anyway. It's a non-issue.

I dont understand speculating over why people do or do not have joint accounts. I know plenty of people who do, I've never wondered why until I saw so many against it. It seems a lot of people who dont have joint accounts assume the worst about it. Some make wild blanket speculations and assume they are true. I didnt realize you could psychoanalyize a complete strangers entire relationship based on something so mundane. But Im silly like that- I just dont care. Lol

FWIW, at least for me, the people that I'm friends with on Facebook are not complete strangers. We have interacted in actual life to some degree at some point over the years.
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    If your a guy and have a joint FB account...please turn your mankind in immediately
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    While I have several friends with joint accounts: NO. My husband has his own (neglected) account, and I have mine. We're not the same person.
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options

FWIW, at least for me, the people that I'm friends with on Facebook are not complete strangers. We have interacted in actual life to some degree at some point over the years.

Yeah, I don't friend strangers...
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Not a chance! I don't want to be joined at the hip with anyone. I have my own friends.

THIS
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Definitely not! It's like you're the same person. Its screams co-depedent and dysfunctional!

And also THIS
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    If your a guy and have a joint FB account...please turn your mankind in immediately

Reminds me of a guy I used to work with whose wife had him on an allowance and had the bank issue him a Hello Kitty debit card so he'd be less inclined to use it unless it was an emergency, lol.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    My sister has this with her husband. I find it a bit odd. It's not because of a lack of trust either, they seem to want to be one entity.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I usually assume there's either trust issues or one of them is computer illiterate and/or completely uninterested (like older couples).
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Not on there enough to care.
    Neither of us want to anyhow.
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Hell no, I'd get in so much trouble. LOL!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I usually assume there's either trust issues or one of them is computer illiterate and/or completely uninterested (like older couples).

I don't necessarily jump to trust issues. And I could understand one person having an account and the other having access (if that person isn't all that interested). What I don't get is the need to put both names on it.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    It makes sense for older couples. My boyfriend's parents (late 60s) share an account. They just use it to post family pictures and share information about kids' birthdays, etc. They don't use it for chatting or for stalking or anything like that. Neither of them have a huge interest in facebook, but they want to have one to stay in touch with family and friends.