Joint Facebook Account w/ Your SO?

Options

Replies

• tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    No, that's so weird. When i see it, I gag a little. But maybe that's because I have a bitter outlook on that sort of thing. Oh well.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Both of my sisters have joint accounts, I dont. One says its out of convienence because my BIL always lost his password and would just log onto hers. lol. The other- her fiancee is super jealous- his words not mine. That's between them.

My husband and I have seperate accounts because it never occured to us to have joint ones. We have the same friends and family on ours but he doesnt use fb very often anyway. It's a non-issue.

I dont understand speculating over why people do or do not have joint accounts. I know plenty of people who do, I've never wondered why until I saw so many against it. It seems a lot of people who dont have joint accounts assume the worst about it. Some make wild blanket speculations and assume they are true. I didnt realize you could psychoanalyize a complete strangers entire relationship based on something so mundane. But Im silly like that- I just dont care. Lol

I love this. We have separate accounts, but I wouldn't just assume becasue someone shares an account w/ the SO that they have trust issues. Judgemental much? Some people aren't good w/ technology so it's just easier for them, why must we speculate the worst case....from pass codes on phones to joint FB, if you share your FB you are insecure, if you lock your phone you have something to hide?!? Glad I don't worry about things so trivial.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I know a few couples who do this.

With one couple: it's her account. He's not on FB and doesn't want to be, but she added his name to hers as he needs FB for his fantasy football league, and I guess this way everyone else playing realizes it's him and not his wife playing. I dunno. Seems odd that he can't make his own acct for just that, but if it doesn't bug her, it doesn't bug me. Although this could all just be a cover for something bigger, which is no one else's business anyway.

The other one only has family on their FL. It's basically their family FB account. Has spouses names on it, but the kids have the login info too, so they can talk to their cousins or grandparents, or play games. But each spouse also has their own account in addition.

The other one. Well, I don't know their reason but it got really annoying seeing them tag themselves and never knowing who the eff was posting.:grumble:
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Helll nah but who cares? I don't care what people do if it doesn't affect me. If it works for you, use it......................
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I only have 1 friend on facebook that does this. Well, that I actually talk to anyway cause she's my best friend. Her account is done that way because she was trying to please her paranoid, serial cheater, abusive, former tweeker boyfriend that she wasn't/wouldn't cheat on him. Eh...they're broke up now. Now I can stop sending her flowers from a "secret admirer". lol :flowerforyou:
  • jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have FB page - my husband goes on it to play games. Once in a while if he sees something interesting when he logs on he checks it out. That's all he does on it. Doesn't bother me - doesn't bother him. Why is is creepy or odd? Neither of us has anything to hide from the other. I don't get what the big deal is????
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My wife and I don't do it, but many people don't place the significance on Facebook that others seem to. It doesn't "define" them, they don't really post much so they don't care. I know other people where one spouse will be into FB, but the other might just want to see family updates, etc so they will just log onto their spouse's page occasionally to read a story or view a photo album. I don't really see why either of these upset people so much.

My mom is really bad with technology so would sign up for email lists with my dad's email so he could help her with it. Now that he has passed away and mom is managing the email herself she is always forgetting her password, getting herself locked out etc. In fact I have to go by after work today because this happened. Again. So he never did FB but I could see if he did she might want to keep up with her grand kids but not have to maintain a page of her own.

There might be some that do it out of a transparency standpoint, but I'm guessing many do it just for convenience.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    people in Serious (codependent and sad) Relationships are so second-hand embarrassing oh my god.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have FB page - my husband goes on it to play games. Once in a while if he sees something interesting when he logs on he checks it out. That's all he does on it. Doesn't bother me - doesn't bother him. Why is is creepy or odd? Neither of us has anything to hide from the other. I don't get what the big deal is????
    But are both of your names on it?

That's the odd part.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Makes me stabby when people do this.
  • TheBookSiren2316
    Options
    Both of my sisters have joint accounts, I dont. One says its out of convienence because my BIL always lost his password and would just log onto hers. lol. The other- her fiancee is super jealous- his words not mine. That's between them.

My husband and I have seperate accounts because it never occured to us to have joint ones. We have the same friends and family on ours but he doesnt use fb very often anyway. It's a non-issue.

I dont understand speculating over why people do or do not have joint accounts. I know plenty of people who do, I've never wondered why until I saw so many against it. It seems a lot of people who dont have joint accounts assume the worst about it. Some make wild blanket speculations and assume they are true. I didnt realize you could psychoanalyize a complete strangers entire relationship based on something so mundane. But Im silly like that- I just dont care. Lol

FWIW, at least for me, the people that I'm friends with on Facebook are not complete strangers. We have interacted in actual life to some degree at some point over the years.

Yeah, I don't friend strangers...

Lol I guess I wasnt clear. I was referencing those on other sites assuming everyone with joint accounts have one issue or another. So far here Ive seen people analyze it as co-dependant or trust issues etc. You know blanket statements labeling entire groups of individual people based soley on ones personal experiences.
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

I love this. We have separate accounts, but I wouldn't just assume becasue someone shares an account w/ the SO that they have trust issues. Judgemental much? Some people aren't good w/ technology so it's just easier for them, why must we speculate the worst case....from pass codes on phones to joint FB, if you share your FB you are insecure, if you lock your phone you have something to hide?!? Glad I don't worry about things so trivial.

I guess the assumption of a lack of trust comes from the fact that I can name at least 4 couples right off the top of my head that I regularly see in my feed that went to a joint account immediately upon reconciling after infidelity. (Nothing is being assumed in any of those 4 situations, btw.)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    My husband refuses to join FB.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    this works for me. it would be kind of stupid for my hand to have its own page.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    To each their own but I wouldn't want to share a page with my husband.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    this works for me. it would be kind of stupid for my hand to have its own page.

Wait wait. Your hand? OMG. That cheating *kitten*! It promised me I was the only one! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:tongue: :laugh:
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Facebook accounts are just like checking accounts. Each couple should have a joint account, and the man should control the password. My BF lets me post on facebook whenever he is there with me. If something comes up that I want to post while he is at work, I just write it down on the To-do list he leaves for me every morning, and we do it together when he gets home and finishes checking the list to make sure I finishsed everything.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I don't know anybody who has a joint Facebook account, even my technophobe dad has his own page that my mum has to log him into when he wants to see what his friends are up to :smile:
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    post-8255-OH-HELL-TO-THE-NO-gifs-veiL.gif

Seriously, codependency is creepy y'all.

^^ This
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have separate pages.

Which is good. Because I have a colorful sense of humor, and he's a pastor with a lot of church peers and soon-to-be parishioners as his friends.