Joint Facebook Account w/ Your SO?

Options

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Just curious but why does it make people "stabbity" or cringe by seeing folks with joint accounts? Does it affect your life somehow?

From seeing this for myself via friends....the people that it normally bothers are the people who would have/have had inappropriate conversations with one of the joint-accounter participants...and now they no longer can. Via facebook anyway.
    The suggestion here is that all of us who "cringe" have inappropriate conversations?:laugh:

Alot, not all. The main question was why does it make you cringe if its not YOUR joint account?

Because they are close friends of mine who are acting ridiculous. Has nothing to do with a desire for "inappropriate conversations."
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just curious but why does it make people "stabbity" or cringe by seeing folks with joint accounts? Does it affect your life somehow?

From seeing this for myself via friends....the people that it normally bothers are the people who would have/have had inappropriate conversations with one of the joint-accounter participants...and now they no longer can. Via facebook anyway.

Just because I want to have a private conversation with a person doesn't mean it is inappropriate. If I can't trust a friend to keep something between us I don't consider them a friend.

i get that. but theres an option of texting or calling to share information you want trusted rather than through facebook which is constantly changing privacy rules. *shrug*
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

The suggestion here is that all of us who "cringe" have inappropriate conversations?:laugh:

Alot, not all. The main question was why does it make you cringe if its not YOUR joint account?
    :laugh: And why does it upset YOU so that we dislike them?

For me, in some cases, I don't KNOW the wife, or husband. I'm not friends with them as a couple, I'm friends with individuals. It's just not something that interests me, and I wouldn't want a joint account with my husband. We are separate people.

doesnt upset me in the least. i was just curious and stated that. theres thinking its odd and then theres people who seem to be anti. just a curious mind asking. carry on.
    A curious mind who blithely suggested we're all perverts lol.

well I know many of us are- :drinker:

and that's okay- and a different subject buuuuuuuuuuuuut it's not okay for a couple to be 100% with each other and all in their own business ALL the time, that's bad for a relationship and bad for your external relationships.
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I saw a meme one time that was like "Oh you share a Facebook account? Which of you cheated"..

... which is what I think of every time my husband mentions we should create a joint account. Neither of us are on Facebook at the moment, and I don't really want to be but there's reasons we should - to build our business and monitor the teenager that will be creating her first account this fall to name a few. If we go the joint route, that will be why. If we both create separate accounts, it will be because I know that everyone in our lives will be getting all Judgey McJudgerton about our joint account, and I can't be having that!

We share an email address, but thats only to a) have one joint google calendar synced to both our phones and b) we get bills, drs appointments, etc etc etc.. going to that address so we both have visibility. Other than that, my personal email is mine and his is his.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    If your a guy and have a joint FB account...please turn your mankind in immediately

Reminds me of a guy I used to work with whose wife had him on an allowance and had the bank issue him a Hello Kitty debit card so he'd be less inclined to use it unless it was an emergency, lol.

OMG! lol
  • iTStaRTsN0W
    iTStaRTsN0W Posts: 106
    Options
    I dont have any FB friends with a shared account....and my husband and I aren't even friends on FB, is that bad? haha
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I did know a girl who went to a joint account within a month of marrying her SO. I can't help but wonder what's going on there but I don't know her well enough to ask.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Well what I've learned on MFP today is that unless your partner routinely checks your phone, Facebook account, and smells your junk when you get home, you're not really in a solid relationship.

Guess I'll just stay single. I have this weird thing where I kind of like being my own person.

I have a yellow lab and hate it when he tries to smell my junk when I get home.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't get it either. "I'm not a ME, I'm a WE! Hee Hee"

tumblr_m8bq3zrWym1rd2qw6o1_400.gif
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Well what I've learned on MFP today is that unless your partner routinely checks your phone, Facebook account, and smells your junk when you get home, you're not really in a solid relationship.

Guess I'll just stay single. I have this weird thing where I kind of like being my own person.

I have a yellow lab and hate it when he tries to smell my junk when I get home.

Another reason I don't have pets either. I am truly a hateful, miserable old cuss. I let no one smell my junk!

In for smelly junk. I mean, smelling junk.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    it screams of trust issues if you ask me
  • ValGogo
    Options

:laugh: And why does it upset YOU so that we dislike them?

For me, in some cases, I don't KNOW the wife, or husband. I'm not friends with them as a couple, I'm friends with individuals. It's just not something that interests me, and I wouldn't want a joint account with my husband. We are separate people.

doesnt upset me in the least. i was just curious and stated that. theres thinking its odd and then theres people who seem to be anti. just a curious mind asking. carry on.
    A curious mind who blithely suggested we're all perverts lol.

well I know many of us are- :drinker:

and that's okay- and a different subject buuuuuuuuuuuuut it's not okay for a couple to be 100% with each other and all in their own business ALL the time, that's bad for a relationship and bad for your external relationships.

Spock-star-trek-the-original-series-33456825-500-175.png
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Now, I don't have scientific fact but me thinks it's generally the womans idea for the joint account. Ahh'm just sayin'....
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    On the other hand, my husband and are not friends with each other on FB and people think that's odd.

My husband and I aren't friends on FB either. Its our way of preserving a little bit of privacy outside of the home with each other. We also don't share an email account and neither of us has access to the other one's. We always said when we got married that we have 3 lives. Mine, His, and Ours. For the most part its Ours, but that little bit of individuality is good too.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Now, I don't have scientific fact but me thinks it's generally the womans idea for the joint account. Ahh'm just sayin'....

I don't know, there are just as many insanely jealous and controlling dudes out there. One person in this thread even said it was the guy's idea.

^Yep
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

I don't know, there are just as many insanely jealous and controlling dudes out there. One person in this thread even said it was the guy's idea.

^Yep

Truth.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Insecure women with no self esteem, js.

I concur